IGNORED

Tinkerz Down[emoji22]

snyper316

Me and my son was enjoying an afternoon ride. A lady ran a stop sign here in Joplin. I hit the brakes and down we went, I avoided hitting her broadside. Which I thank God for that. I will post more later. Me and him have some road rash, he has a little swelling around his knee. Good thing I have dual cams on the bike and will pull video. To see what happened exactly but I was more worried about William then anything. Going to be sore for a few days. Tinker was really enjoying her new rear shoe and the fresh air. But guess will see what insurance says.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Here is the clip of what happened. I use a Sykik rider dual camera on tinker. I will invest in 3 more of these one for the Tahoe and one for black betty. The other will be a spare. Not much to wiring them up either.

Here is the clip of what happened. I use a Sykik rider dual camera on tinker. I will invest in 3 more of these one for the Tahoe and one for black betty. The other will be a spare. Not much to wiring them up either.

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, DEFINITELY NOT GOOD:thumbdown: and clearly 100% Mr. I Don't Have To Stop At Stop Signs And Look Both Ways Before I Proceed's fault - there should be a 0% chance of him denying that. Did he stop and get his deserved citation Snipe or was this one of those "leaving the scene of an accident" deals?

Beyond that, and DEFINITELY in no way meaning to sound critical here or blaming you in ANY WAY ,, just an after thought.. Thru the years of biking and doing a little Semi Driving I learned to become a hardcore, anal "hub cap watcher". By that I mean that when I am approaching an intersection where I have the right of way and another vehicle is approaching a stop sign and/or sitting at a stop sign waiting to pull out and take me out - I watch their front wheel hub cap for movement. If that hub cap dont stop and stay put, I do. May sound nuts but there have been many times over the years in dealing with "creepers" (those that like to creep forward instead of staying stationary) that I have actually pulled over and motioned them thru as, IMHO, they had somewhere very important that they needed to get to.

Don't mean to lecture you and I KNOW that what happened there could and does happen to EVERYONE. Just thought I would share a perspective that may or may not save someones life.. Biking definitely has it's dangerous side and real life video's like you have posted here show proof positive why its getting more and more dangerous all the time.

Glad you and your Son are ok brother!!

Puc

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, DEFINITELY NOT GOOD[emoji107] and clearly 100% Mr. I Don't Have To Stop At Stop Signs And Look Both Ways Before I Proceed's fault - there should be a 0% chance of him denying that. Did he stop and get his deserved citation Snipe or was this one of those "leaving the scene of an accident" deals?

Beyond that, and DEFINITELY in no way meaning to sound critical here or blaming you in ANY WAY ,, just an after thought.. Thru the years of biking and doing a little Semi Driving I learned to become a hardcore, anal "hub cap watcher". By that I mean that when I am approaching an intersection where I have the right of way and another vehicle is approaching a stop sign and/or sitting at a stop sign waiting to pull out and take me out - I watch their front wheel hub cap for movement. If that hub cap dont stop and stay put, I do. May sound nuts but there have been many times over the years in dealing with "creepers" (those that like to creep forward instead of staying stationary) that I have actually pulled over and motioned them thru as, IMHO, they had somewhere very important that they needed to get to.

Don't mean to lecture you and I KNOW that what happened there could and does happen to EVERYONE. Just thought I would share a perspective that may or may not save someones life.. Biking definitely has it's dangerous side and real life video's like you have posted here show proof positive why its getting more and more dangerous all the time.

Glad you and your Son are ok brother!!

Puc

Puc I was watching them actually that is why my foot was on the brake pedal and when I noticed her floor it I hit them maybe a little hard but if I hadn't i would have ate plastics and aluminum. I was blown away by what she did. You really have to slow it down but as soon as I seen her pull her move I was on my brakes!

Puc I was watching them actually that is why my foot was on the brake pedal and when I noticed her floor it I hit them maybe a little hard but if I hadn't i would have ate plastics and aluminum. I was blown away by what she did. You really have to slow it down but as soon as I seen her pull her move I was on my brakes!

Yeppers and you did a FANTASTIC job of protecting you and your son IMHO.. I only wrote that as an after thought of a reminder to someone not quite as quick to respond and that may end up eating that plastic and aluminum.. Man that WAS close brother!!

Yeppers and you did a FANTASTIC job of protecting you and your son IMHO.. I only wrote that as an after thought of a reminder to someone not quite as quick to respond and that may end up eating that plastic and aluminum.. Man that WAS close brother!!
Yeah kinda glad she wasn't creeping as you call it. I just got to figure out where the gas is pouring out of her. Also she isn't running right no more[emoji22]

Yeah kinda glad she wasn't creeping as you call it. I just got to figure out where the gas is pouring out of her. Also she isn't running right no more[emoji22]

Where's the gas flowing from Snipe? Carb over flows that empty right in front of the rear wheel? If so, maybe she's got a stuck float from being on her side.. Easy fix if so.

Where's the gas flowing from Snipe? Carb over flows that empty right in front of the rear wheel? If so, maybe she's got a stuck float from being on her side.. Easy fix if so.
Not sure but does not appear to be coming from tubes, I'll wait till I'm feeling better maybe have to pull airbox and see from there. The side that took damage is also the side that I have my TCI Box at... I also gonna wait for the adjuster to come look at it before I try to pull crash guard out. And so any work to her.

I’m not getting the video.

Glad no damage to you all. Did the cage come back to see what they did? Unfortunately from what I have seen here, a first gen with barley bent case bars and some broken plastics is totaled.
I'll have to ask if it's still insurable but the guy sure was interested if I had the title in my hand. Better offer up something good if he trying to buy it. I won't settle for jokes.

Looking at the video she was stopped behind two other vehicles when she suddenly realized they were no longer there so she gunned it. My guess she was busy texting when she suddenly looked up to see the vehicles stopped in front of her, were no longer there and so lurched ahead without paying attention. Bottom line this could have ended badly and so thank god your OK. One question though, did she stop to see if you were ok or just keep going.

I have her on camera straight up balling cause of it. When I realized she was going I hit them brakes. But at the time I thought she ran the stop sign. She more less did because she was supposed to move forward and stop. She just straight up did as you said. Either way the accident was her fault. I kinda want to see what insurance wants to do with the situation. She was a Flowers delivery van. My insurance has me worried he kept asking about a title.

Well I hobbled out there she don't look to bad seems by the turn signal and the crash guard took the brunt of the road rash. I didn't see anymore gas underneath I fired her up and this time she sounded good but I think throttle boss or cable is fubar. The water pump elbow has a nice gouge in it now so she has no antifreeze in her at the moment. I was only going about 35 when this all happened. It was scary as all hell but I will take road rash over hitting another vehicle any day.. Just been nice if I would have got something to help with the pain.

Ah man...I really don't like seeing these things...makes me mad. But so glad you are OK!!!!!

Yea...these 1st gens are tuff.....except for that little water elbow! I've gotta grind off that lip on the engine guard...never did do that... guess I can do it this week!!

Going to order one of those little camera setups too. That's so good to have to show the cage drivers fault!

Thanks for the video!