IGNORED

Thank you politicians

Sylvester

I am very glad that you are done with the rhetoric. I voted early and listened to volumes of who I should vote for. I vote my conscience without concern of what you want. I hope that some day people will come together with a plan for the future of mankind. Sorry for the rant, brothers and sisters, but it is so violent with words and lies.

:farmer:

When watching the 6pm news we have a local car dealer that reminds us of the old late night guys. WE call him "Mr Huge". Its kind of his tag line. Well a few months back we noticed he didnt have any commercials at all it seemed. Nothing but political BS. A few nights back while watching the news and steady stream of political mud slinging ads I said to wife. Did you ever think we would long to see Mr Huge again?

If we were to take any of the ads down here. NONE of these slheps are qualified to be in office.

I don't want to get political either way, but as I was getting ready to go into the voting booth, I told the girl there that I was not here to vote FOR anyone, but to vote AGAINST.

She said she understood.

Yep, now we are getting back to the constant car lot commercials.

Randy

As divided as the people are right now, that could be taken as voting AGAINST either side.

If divide and conquer was the plan....they've certainly achieved that.:stickpoke: :headache::duck:

Yup, a lot of hatred here in Indiana as well. Seems it's hard to pick and choose the best candidate any more, so much BS, and truth is, on important votes, they must stay with their party lines. One thing personally I hope for is, we gotta put limits on how long these folks can stay in Washington. Way to much muscle power when someone from either side stays in office too long, they tend to get too far in bed with their lobbyist companies with financial means, and the insane amount of money being spent nowadays, you don't have a chance to win your seat without deep pockets. Meanwhile, the shootings continue. God Bless America

I am very glad that you are done with the rhetoric. I voted early and listened to volumes of who I should vote for. I vote my conscience without concern of what you want. I hope that some day people will come together with a plan for the future of mankind. Sorry for the rant, brothers and sisters, but it is so violent with words and lies.

:farmer:

Enjoy it while it lasts. The 2020 campaign will start any minute now.

It's painful all. I found the way out though. I have yet to see a political commercial (or any) or get the stupid political robocalls.

Ooma premium, saved 30/mo over landline and I get the community blacklist, which means I NEVER get political or robocalls, or scammers. Never. The annoying political calls are just a distant memory. My phone went from a constant source of annoyance to a very quiet appliance that is more for my convenience than the convenience of others.

Netflix and wifeys Prime, Prime sucks because there is a small amount of forced content before the feature starts. Thats enough to keep me away from it mostly but Netflix is awesome, and cheap, and above all else there is no forced content, like advertising or political spots.

I didnt do all this to avoid political rhetoric, I did it because I found myself being so annoyed by constant ads that I was surfing every time ad spots started. It was years before I could finish a show or movie. I made some changes, changes that not only saved me over $300/mo but also made life so much more pleasant. Now during election season I'm doubly glad.

If I were within my rights to do so, I would get in my Samurai and go all around town mowing down political signs, the temptation has been great, lemme tell ya!

When I'm in charge of the world there will be no political advertisement, there cant be because I will remove money from politics. Voters will be forced to go and read up on the issues themselves and formulate a plan and list of favored candidates. Gone will be the days of folks voting for reasons not related to the qualifications. Everybody vote. NO! If you dont really care than please stay away from the poles, if you are not informed, take a seat and leave the voting to those that have bothered to learn the issues and candidates from sources other than TV smear spots and political turd-flinging.

IMHO (I know,, in trouble already :big-grin-emoticon:,, but I figured I'd join the rest of ya'll who are headed for the club's penalty box here :thumbsup:) what we are seeing here transcends Politics. My wife stared at me with eyes of :confused: when I pointed at the boob tube screen yesterday when the President of the U.S. kept having to tell the news guy to sit down and shut up and I told her that the scene reminded me of a situation I had encountered back when I was teaching 4th grade. I looked at Tippy, smiled and said = it's a simple rule - ya raise your hand, ya get chosen, ya ask a question, ya get an answer and when the "teacher" says its someone elses turn,, it's someone elses turn = pretty simple one would think. Bottom line? What ever happened to common sense courtesy, respect of authority and the idea of playing by the rules?

I don't know if it's a societal spiritual problem, a blatant disregard for respect of even one's own person and personal accountability because the educational systems are failing us or if it's just a simple matter of a society that is spoiled rotten but there is definitely something in the wind cause,, and here is where my opinion is about to get me in trouble again, IMHO - we have entered into a day and age where even sharing a different opinion can get ya in trouble and that's not good.

Case in point, not long ago I shared my opinion about the new Venture once to often and ended up getting a text message on my phone that served as a reminder to me that "geezers like me should be careful in sharing my opinion on motorcycles like that as people had gotten beat up for less". I am sure, to most folks, this would have been taken as a joke but in our case, not so much. I ended up having to alter my life style to accommodate someone else's need for being in control of someone elses opinion - AND THIS WAS ABOUT A MOTORCYCLE :doh:.

More recently and more to do with today's political stuff like we are talking about (but, IMHO, dealing with the same type of person(s) ),, we recently had local politicians stop in and ask if they could put signs up on our corner like they had in the past. Under normal conditions and in the past, I/we have allowed any and all to put up the signs cause Tip and I have always encouraged and enjoyed the whole "GET OUT AND VOTE" stuff (IMHO, voting is part of being an American patriot) and we actually enjoyed seeing the mixture of opinions stated in the collection of signs on our corner. This time though, because of current societal lack of respect and common sense, I had to 100% decline any signage being placed on our property.

Later, a good friend who's personal political opinion matches mine, came down with a sign representing a Senator that he knew I would be voting for in the election. He was shocked when I told him nope,, couldn't do it and just as shocked when I told him that the reason why was that I didn't want a rock thrown thru a window. His response was = "if that happens at my house someone will get shot!!". I explained to him that THAT was exactly my point. Think about it,, someone dressed in all black with their face covered steps into your yard and tosses a rock thru $15000 worth of window because they disagree with your opinion, you see em, grab your .45 and blow em away, the cops show up and pull the mask off the body laying on your lawn,, the face of a 13 year girl who was caught up an act of childish rebellion (same type of rebellion that the reporter who lost his White House privileges yesterday IMHO) and was unable to take control of her classroom from her teacher at school earlier that day lays dead on your lawn = now who is in trouble AND who is going to have to live with the memory of having hurt/killed some kid because they broke your window. To me and IMHO,, its just not worth the trouble. I know my buddy did not agree with me (called me a coward :duck: :biker:) but I also know for a fact that I am not alone in what I think I see going on cause 90% of the houses in our area that used to have no problem putting up political signs were void of sharing opinion this time.. God help us if we don't somehow, some way find our way back to common sense and respect for ourselves and ultimately each other. IMHO of course :happy34:

As irritating as it all is to watch we should participate in the political decisions as much as we can if we are knowledgeable. My personal opinion is that I would like everyone to have to pass a civics exam and an economic exam before being allowed to vote. If you know nothing I don't think you should be able to vote. The country is at a tipping point with its tremendous debt, tremendous trade deficits, the changing politics, and the direction of the country is critical to our descendants future. My day is about done but I would like to see my kids and their kids live in a great country with freedom of speech and have the opportunity to succeed.

With only about half the eligible pop. Voting or even care about voting why do we need so many politicians representing us? The whole democratic system needs reform far as representing the people. Just don't believe this is what our forefathers had in mind for America.

With only about half the eligible pop. Voting or even care about voting why do we need so many politicians representing us? The whole democratic system needs reform far as representing the people. Just don't believe this is what our forefathers had in mind for America.

Couldnt agree more. We could cut gov/political offices by 80% across the board and be much better off. The only issue I see is that the personal responsibility that comes with personal freedom is in very short supply.

The evidence of uninformed voters is EVERYWHERE! I would welcome voter pre-screening, but apparantly in this liberally damaged society we have carved out for ourselves we are MONSTERS for suggesting that anyone should so much as show ID at the poles! We are so damn backwards it's hard to watch. Put me down for a voter competency mandates!

Many people who don't vote because their single vote among maybe 200million eligible voters doesn't make that much difference. But, I wonder how many of the people who think that way buy lottery tickets where the odds are 1 in 300 million!

Many people who don't vote because their single vote among maybe 200million eligible voters doesn't make that much difference. But, I wonder how many of the people who think that way buy lottery tickets where the odds are 1 in 300 million!

Thats about the odds that anyone you vote for national office will do anything resembling governing the USA in a responsible manner. IMHO

Did you ever think we would long to see Mr Huge again?

Hijack alert: Yep Fucillo is all over our TV market as well. His Kia store in Cape Coral is well..... huge...... My AC guy does work on his residence on this coast of Florida and got to talking to him. He is reportedly 100% self made. Not his daddy's money. The story as told to me was that apparently he went into the same car dealership every week for eight weeks trying to get hired as a car salesman. They kept telling him he had no experience, he wouldn't be any good at selling cars.....Finally gave him a shot because he was so persistent. Top salesman his second month in, worked his way to running a dealership (Sales, GSM, F&I, GM) , then bought his first one.

Thats about the odds that anyone you vote for national office will do anything resembling governing the USA in a responsible manner. IMHO

I'm not quite that cynical. I could name a few whom I think care about the country but that would be too political. I could also name a bunch who only care about staying in power.

On another note what is going on in AZ and FL really makes you wonder.

I'm not quite that cynical. I could name a few whom I think care about the country but that would be too political. I could also name a bunch who only care about staying in power.

On another note what is going on in AZ and FL really makes you wonder.

Once upon a time I would agree with you. But the last few years the parties have drawn a hard line over most issues. The parties require party members to adhere to voting as a block. Those that don't support the policies espoused by their leadership find life difficult. Party politicians are required to put party first rather than their constituents.

On another note, the sun is out and I'm going for a short ride, even though its a bit chilly. Thats why I own a snowmobile suit here in Georgia ---

Once upon a time I would agree with you. But the last few years the parties have drawn a hard line over most issues. The parties require party members to adhere to voting as a block. Those that don't support the policies espoused by their leadership find life difficult. Party politicians are required to put party first rather than their constituents.

On another note, the sun is out and I'm going for a short ride, even though its a bit chilly. Thats why I own a snowmobile suit here in Georgia ---

And that happens on both sides.

Similar happens here too, politicians follow the party line, they don't represent their constituents' views at all, their loyalty is to their party! I recently wrote to my Federal MP telling him that I & many friends won't be voting for him next election...

Why? Because he has simply followed the party line on yet further useless firearms control, that will do absolutely nothing to address the problem of gangs & violent criminals, which is where the problem lies. But will merely serve to make life more difficult for law abiding firearms owners.

Our recent local Provincial election resulted almost in a tie with the two major parties... What happened? 3 mp's from a minority party joined & supported the left party, so 3 people with their own agenda hold the balance of power. So, now we have a referendum (a condition of the minority party's support) to change our voting system to proportional representation. We've had TWO previous referendums & in both proportional representation was overwhelmingly rejected... but here we are again! I guess the politicians will keep at it till we vote the way they want us to! Anything for power! (& to waste money!)

For me is why people are apathetic & don't vote!

Edited by Kretz

That makes me think something is wrong with the system if that's the case. If the 2 sides one HAS to chose between aren't really helping improve life and society for the majority of the people, then we are being bamboozled.

Just back from Sedona. I could not believe the lies and deceit that went on with the politicking. I thought our politicians were bad but i think you have us beat there. They would not get away with some of the dirty tricks they pulled up here. I always vote, even if I have to hold my nose while I am doing it. I think if you don't vote then you have no right to complain, which I do frequently. That being said someone once said "If you want people to vote give us someone worth voting for".

We have a situation here which Kretz has put well with cynical politicians manipulating both the public (firearms control) and the political system for their own benefit.

On the other hand....Sedona.....great weather, good food, wonderful scenery and I got to rent a Slingshot.

So, now we have a referendum (a condition of the minority party's support) to change our voting system to proportional representation. We've had TWO previous referendums & in both proportional representation was overwhelmingly rejected... but here we are again! I guess the politicians will keep at it till we vote the way they want us to!
And did you notice all three proportional choices left out the detail on how the various constituencies would be laid out? That's like being asked to vote for a pig in a poke.

Yes it does but you have one side that wants to make things better while the other side has no message except for "Impeachment! Impeachment! Impeachment!" It's hard to believe almost half the country can't make up their mind on what direction is in their best interest.

Not aspersions here. :canada:

We are just as screwed up as our American cousins.

It's a head shaker.:sick:

And did you notice all three proportional choices left out the detail on how the various constituencies would be laid out? That's like being asked to vote for a pig in a poke.

Ya! Of course they did because THEY don't know any details. It's ridiculous being asked to vote on something that has absolutely no detail attached!

My concern starts in January. One side has already publicly announced their agenda to go after the other side. And the other side has announced they will fight to the death.

What that's going to do to the stock market for the coming year may not be pretty. Retirement pension plans, REITs, Mutuals, and retiree's investments could be hurt. And all so the politico's can yell at each other...I noticed that each time one party spoke their agenda these past few weeks, the market dropped around 200 points. That's not encouraging at all...

Term limits, make PAC's illegal and do away with any form of lobbying...and get rid of fake news, sensationalism in the news and the feeding of values that do NOT shape our country at all. Lets get back to our core values....together.

My concern starts in January. One side has already publicly announced their agenda to go after the other side. And the other side has announced they will fight to the death.
Good luck with that. Your other side doesn't know how to fight dirty.

What that's going to do to the stock market for the coming year may not be pretty. Retirement pension plans, REITs, Mutuals, and retiree's investments could be hurt. And all so the politico's can yell at each other...I noticed that each time one party spoke their agenda these past few weeks, the market dropped around 200 points. That's not encouraging at all...
Not encouraging at all. Remember, Obama said 2% GDP is the new normal and you would need a magic wand to get manufacturing jobs back in the Rust Belt. The streets of San Francisco are running in poop, Chicago is a war zone, Orange County turned blue and saddest of all, 66 people dead with a thousand still missing mostly due to environmentalist resistance to sensible forest management.

Term limits, make PAC's illegal and do away with any form of lobbying...and get rid of fake news, sensationalism in the news and the feeding of values that do NOT shape our country at all. Lets get back to our core values....together.
Do you think that is even close to being possible with a 50/50 split. Seems more like 1984 or perhaps another Venezuela.

I'm looking at this from afar and it makes me feel so sad.