IGNORED

Rider Down - Jercoupe - get well

Lone Eagle

Just got a note from Jack's wife - Bev - updating their situation. Would ask everyone to keep both in their thoughts.

"Just thought I should tell you that we are ok in case you hear otherwise thru the grapevine.

We were on our way to meet up with Gregg and Sandy yesterday morning to head to Laughlin, when a lady pulled out in front of us. Jack has always been very cautious so he had stomped on the brakes & slowed way down before we hit her. Our front tire hit her front tire & turned the bike sideways. Jacks' right shoulder hit her drivers window and shattered the window, and separated his shoulder. Otherwise he is fine. I ended up on my back next to the rear tire of the car. Don't remember getting there, but don't think I blacked out at all. There were some really nice witnesses there who helped us a lot until the ambulance arrived. I was held still so I wouldn't move my neck, really couldn't see Jack, but knew he was talking and trying to find out how I was. And I also heard him say he thought he had busted his shoulder, he could hear it grinding.

Took us to the hospital & fortunately Gregg and Sandy came looking for us & found us before the ambulance took us away. They got all of our things off of the bike & then followed us to the hospital, stayed with us until we were released & brought us home. They are such great friends!

Anyway, I just seemed to be bruised up, except today I have noticed that my left knee is not happy, swollen & hurts to bend. Gonna go have that looked at soon.

So, Jack got a call from Ryan (Visalia guy) last night & I guess the rumor in Laughlin was that we crashed in the middle of the desert (only 40 miles from home) and that we were airlifted to the hospital (I guess if you call a gurney airlifting....). Sounds sort of like the little deer we almost hit that became a moose before the night was over when we rode with a Harley group!

So, Jack has an appointment on the first with a real good ortho dr. We are also looking forward to the new Venture this lady will be buying us! "

Get well, soon, guys - and what color is the new Venture going to be?

good to hear everyone is ok heal up fast we'll be praying for you

and just a few hours ago i almost took out a HD rider he made a left infront of me he was behind another car i dont think he even seen me he was just following the car in front of him good thing we both hit out breaks or he'd be toast right now i didnt know he was even back there till the car had went by and he was right on their rear bumper it was very close but still a miss

be safe out there

Dray

Hate To hear Bad news, But Who is Jack ( Screen Name) Little Confused.

Hope to Get Well sun Guys:080402gudl_prv:

jercoup ... lives in Los Osos ... great folks (Jack & Bev) ... Nina & I met them up here last summer.... sorry to hear about their misfortune but very happy to hear they're "ok".

I don't know you folks but I am glad to hear that the injuries were not more serious!

Follow the Doc's orders;heal fast;and don't sign any Medical releases presented to you by the womans Insurance Company! If your lawyer is good enough you should be able to buy a new Venture for each day of the week....and then some!

jercoup ... lives in Los Osos ... great folks (Jack & Bev) ... Nina & I met them up here last summer.... sorry to hear about their misfortune but very happy to hear they're "ok".

Same here, met them on Vancouver Island, a week before I attended Marcarl's meet.

Glad it is not worse..................

Hate to hear about the crash but good to hear you are not too badly injured. Watch out for the pains that show up after the fact and take it easy. I know from experience that some damage to the joints, tendons etc. take some time to show up. If I can be of help let me know. I am in San Diego but have time, if you can give me tent space. Have tools can travel. Break my heart and give me an excuse to have a road trip ;^). Take time to heal and good luck.

Rod

ps Laughlin is over rated IMO you did not miss much that you won't get at a good local bike/classic car show.

My prayers go out for a speedy recovery Jack and Bev. I guess we'll be talking about this a little when VWIV comes along. Hope you guys are all healed up by then, and then you should have that new scoot for us to look at. I had my turn T-boning a car in a parking lot at around 10 mph, she backed out so fast, I didn't even have time to hit the brakes. (Get this, she's blonde of course), she told the police officer she saw me coming, and said she speeded up to try and get out of my way so I wouldn't hit her. I was thrown off the bike and bruised up, $4,000.00 damage to the bike, she had no insurance and all I had was liability, so rather than fight it, (estimate was excesive) and I didn't want to spend that much :mo money:, so I took it home and did the work myself, and only spent $700.00.

Jack & Bev,

Sent up a prayer of thanks that you're both alive to tell us about it and I pray that your injuries heal quickly.

God bless and keep safe. :bighug:

Tatonka

"American by birth, Biker by choice, Minister by calling"

Thanks guys.. Bev and i appreciate all the caring. Its really hard to type with my left hand so i may make this short. Bev woke up this morning with a swollen knee so off to the hospital we went again and we learned she broke her knee( not the cap but a bone under it). She has been through so much crap in her life i knew she was tuff but walking on a broken knee is more than I could do!. It was too good to be true that she walked away unhurt i guess. Anyway i didnt find anything new with me besides this pesky shoulder. After 40 years of riding and over at least 70000 miles we knew this could catch us eventually and it did. We have discussed it and were ready to accept it. I hated to ruin my record though. I let my guard down and it caught me. The driver faked me out by puling out a few feet from the stop sign and stopping again leading me into beliving she saw me.. then she gunned it and i had no place to go but into her front wheel.. When it was clear to me i was going to hit her i thought i had slowed down enough that it was just going to be a bump.. Wrong!!!.. i could not believe the force of the impact and i know it was less than 30. Never experencing a wreck in my life it I found the dynamics kinda interesting but something i never want to experience again! It was the slow motion thing others have said on this forum. I remerber ever millisec of the crash. After knowing bev was going to be ok and the driver of the car wasn't hurt,, the sadist thing was watching my beautiful bike laying on its side bleeding its green lifefliuds down the road.

All i want now is another venture and us fixed in time for Reno.. Bev is ready to ride again! I love her for that cause i think many would call it quits after this experience.

Just remember THEY NEVER SEE YOU! NEVER! thanks again friends.. Jack and Bev

:bighug:

Jack & Bev,

I never like seeing those titles, but am very relieved to hear that you folks aren't any worse than you are. It seemed like yesterday that Lonna and I had our accident in Baton Rouge. I too had never had such a bad wreck in better than 100000 miles riding scoots. Heal up well and take the time to get it done right, get everything that your entitled to from the other party. Were thinking of you folks and wish a speedy recovery to you both.