IGNORED

Venture Focus group

Brake Pad

I was called by my local Yamaha Shop and asked if I'd like to do a 2 hour, sit down with the Yamaha Venture Makers, to talk about what WE think of the bike, and is there room for improvement.

Please don't attack me with responces.

But generally, I guess my questions would be for the newer Ventures 2nd Gen.

What do you fell would improve the buying market for this bike?

I'm meeting with them in two weeks. I have the floor for 20 minutes. so help me out with the question.

I for one would like more factory access. Light bars, Back rests, passanger arm rests.

CD player, upgraded speakers. windsheilds with vents

I'm going to talk to them about the drive shaft issues.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full instrumentation, and I find the front of the seat a little wide when stopped at a light or trying to maneuver in a parking lot. A little less weight would be nice. Did I mention full instrumentation? Love the looks and performance ( a little more power wouldn't hurt) but mainly full instrumentation, did I mention that?

I too like the full instrumentation, and get rid of the cassette. A little larger rear speakers would be great for a little more base.

Other than that I am fairly happy with the bike, a little more power would be great but not really needed on a big bike. I do not need to race Wings or Crotch rockets.

What I think would be real nice is that they take a few minutes out of there busy schedule and take a peak in here and ask the question. Then they can hear it for themselves. (asking a little much Eh !)

Brad

Man, my list is long

• Full instrumentation,
  • Updated Stereo ---XM, MP3
  • Quiet transmission
  • Passing light upgrade without the hassles. Should be pre-wired for easy installation.
  • Actually, the add on accessories should be better made. Why do we have to modify the saddlebag guards to make them right?
  • Reinforce the crash bars
  • Fuel injection!!!!
  • Improve the brakes
  • Add spaces on the fuse block for add on accessories
  • Improve the charging system to allow for add ons.

Most important....keep the layout intact. Great looking bike and very comfortable. Just upgrade it and you will sell a million of them.

This is Yamahas top of the line bike and it should appear as such with more standard equipment/upgrades eg;

Chrome forks, brake and clutch leavers

Crystal lens headlight

LED lighting

Heavier charging system

Temp and oil gauges

Fuel injection

ABS Brakes

… and last but not least

What’s with the CASSETTE DECK!!???

:2cents:

Fuel Injection. 1800cc. Reverse. 600 watt Charging system. The current 300 watt system is way underpowered. Better intercom/fm/cb/speakers and lose the cassette.Options ABS.

Keep the 5 year warranty. And fix the rear shock "bad design"

Point them to this thread.

Well, everything that everyone has mentioned is great, but the thing that has me AMAZED, is that they called you for your opinion!

We all dream about that happening, right?

Don't these yamaha engineers get paid to design motorcycles for us to ride? I mean, it's great to be asked for opinons, but what the hey, it's their job to get it right.

Good luck,

Steve

Well, everything that everyone has mentioned is great, but the thing that has me AMAZED, is that they called you for your opinion!

We all dream about that happening, right?

Don't these yamaha engineers get paid to design motorcycles for us to ride? I mean, it's great to be asked for opinons, but what the hey, it's their job to get it right.

Good luck,

Steve

Well said....:happy65:

Not everybody wants fuel injection.

More charging current and reverse would be nice.

I know, pegscraper, you just want a tunnel ram with dual quads and maybe a supercharger to help it out!!!!!!

LOL

Dan

Not everybody wants fuel injection.

More charging current and reverse would be nice.

Actually, Fuel injection is easier to play with if you have a laptop and a Power Commader 3.

I know plenty of Warrior riders who tweek their fuel settings pretty regularly and it only takes a couple of minutes.

I too thought that carbs were the only way to go, but with what I've seen with Injection, I believe it's easier and faster then carbs.

The cost is initially more, but you can really fine tune your fuel map for your exact configuration.

1)More power!

2)reverse for easier trailering

3)Bag rails line up better

4) better alternator to run all types of electrics with no problems.

5) More power!!

6)standard CD player, Nix the cassette

7)More lighting visibility standard,especially in the back

8)more aftermarket parts,like a wing or a harley!

9)more power!!!!

10)lighted switches on the bars.(like the wings)

Mariner Fan got it right for me and a 600 watt charging system would be great.

The bike now is allot better then previous models (that's progress), but for the 3rd Gen

All of Mariner Fan's suggestions are pretty good MP3 player is better then any CD and we could load our own tunes I would even like it to be able to plug a 3 or 8 gig flash drive in.

I have been researching ways to do just that (flash drive).....................Ron

Although I have had problems with accessories such as poor output and hard to adjust driving lights, ill fitting bag rails and leaking trunk rack; I would like Yamaha to address the mechanical/design problems inherent with the current model before they look at things like accessories. Things like:

• the whine and chirp
  • the broken fairing, chrome strip, and windshield tabs
  • the poorly designed, prone to fail rear shock
  • the rear brakes
  • poor low speed handling

just to name a few need to be addressed.

But other than that I LOVE MY VENTURE

Less Harley-esque look, modern but not retro-nuveau like the "liners" (they're ok, I just think the Venture should be different from them) 'Wings are recognizable at a glance, everything else looks like some form of Harley. I feel The Venture can and should have that same kind of instant recognition.

definitely the brake, electrical, EFI upgrades mentioned, reverse & GAUGES...86 the cassette, get mp3.

v6 would be nice. Kaw had a transverse 6, Honda has a flat 6 (had a transverse 6 too, yrs ago); no reason Yamaha/star can't have a v6. At least 1800cc. It could even be longitudinal like a Guzzi or or an Honda ST, instead of transverse like the current v4.

If they feel they can't go outside the v4/vmax box, at least don't detune it so much.

Hey, this is just me thinkin out loud! :whistling::stirthepot:

Before I get fragged, no I don't have one currently, I have the RSTD and a 1500 'Wing. I've been toying with the idea of consolidating, but I want to see what comes in the new Venture or I may just keep what I have now. Don't know yet.......

I was called by my local Yamaha Shop and asked if I'd like to do a 2 hour, sit down with the Yamaha Venture Makers, to talk about what WE think of the bike, and is there room for improvement.

Please don't attack me with responces.

But generally, I guess my questions would be for the newer Ventures 2nd Gen.

What do you fell would improve the buying market for this bike?

I'm meeting with them in two weeks. I have the floor for 20 minutes. so help me out with the question.

I for one would like more factory access. Light bars, Back rests, passanger arm rests.

CD player, upgraded speakers. windsheilds with vents

I'm going to talk to them about the drive shaft issues.

What ever they do I think its important they stay with the cruiser look and not go the way of the Goldwing or Victory. Also some storage in the fairing. Multiple Aux points for Audio accessories.

I'm not with the 600W charging System. A newer Generation Bike will possibly have LED Lights and thereby a Lot of Energy is not needed to keep the Systems working. More Charging Power means constantly more Fuel Consumption unless the charging System has a Clutch or something else that really regulates the Power produced.

Other than this, more Displacement is coming from the new Vmax, i would want a real good integrated Audio with a good Amplifier and a standardized Connection for the Devices i want to fill my Needs.

EFI is coming anyway, dued to the EPA Standards.

Awesome Brake Power. 330mm Rotors in front with radial Mastercylinder and radial mounted Calipers. Upside Down Forks.

ABS with a real Switch to shut that System down.

I would buy a ABS System on a new Bike anytime, but i wouldn't want use it. But later the Years, a Bike without ABS is worth a Lot less than the Bike would bring with the ABS.

What do you feel would improve the buying market for this bike?

Brake Pad:

I highly reccomend that you print out the below listed "KNOWN PROBLEMS" on 2nd gens and take it with you.

These are posts made by many 2nd gen owners here on th esite, and cover everything your asking for.

All the above posts have already mentiond here: :whistling:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

ABS & linked brakes, fuel injection, and reverse. Optional colors and chromed front forks. Lose the cassette player and offer mp3, satellite radio and/or GPS

ABS NON-linked brakes!!! I hate linked brakes!!! Fuel injection. CD/MP3, center stand!!!!!