IGNORED

Venture Focus group

Brake Pad

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CD players are so 20th century. SirXMius with MP3 and quality GPS, Boston Acoustics sound, ability for passenger to change channel/song, bluetooth for headset, ABS, no linked brakes!, quality OEM tires, LED lighting, center stand.

I think that's a good start for me.

A couple of safety factors for my top choices:

1. ABS Braking

2. Additional lighting on the rear

3. Passing lights

Performance matters

4. Fuel injection

5. Better fuel mileage--it's ridiculous that we don't get 50+mph on a motorcycle

6. Fix the transmission noise issue

7. beef up charging system

Comfort issues

8. Highway pegs

9. Backrest

10. Venting

Other niceties

11. CD player

12. Full Bluetooth headset compatible

13. Full instrumentation

Rip

I don't know if it's doable with a cruiser frame but a little better cornering ability would be great. The main reason I have the 1st Gen is the performance. I like the twisties and I really hate to scrape floor boards when I don't feel like I'm even going yet. Iwould love a bike that would have the look of a real bike but would smoke a wing on the Dragon. I would like a touring bike that peforms like a sport bike but I don't want to buy a BMW.

Everyone has good ideas. ABS, with this I see no need for linking brakes, MP3 with stereo you can hear, with a NOAA weather channel and CB, electric movable windshield, 6 speed tranny with true 6 th gear overdrive for highway cruising, adjustable seat height, heated seats, lighted buttons for night viewing, cruise control, adjustable handle bars, fuel injection, digital dash with important information voltage, water temp, oil pressure,air tempreture,with an accurate speedo (is that to much to ask?) etc adjustable wind deflectors like the fjr1300 has except bigger. V4 1800 with a cylinder shutdown at cruising speed for better mileage shouldnt be to hard in the digital computer age. V4 I like helps keeps the motor away from the feet ( I dont like the goldwing motor sticking out.) Bluetooth compatible. More solid frame not the thin tubes of 1st Gen. If you can tell by my wish list it cant look like a 2nd Gen. Dump the classic look and update the styling go back to more of sleek windslippery look that slices the wind instead of a flying brick look probably help with the ever important gas mileage issue also.

I don't know if it's doable with a cruiser frame but a little better cornering ability would be great. The main reason I have the 1st Gen is the performance. I like the twisties and I really hate to scrape floor boards when I don't feel like I'm even going yet. Iwould love a bike that would have the look of a real bike but would smoke a wing on the Dragon. I would like a touring bike that peforms like a sport bike but I don't want to buy a BMW.

Easy Solution, buy a Vmax with 17" Wheels, 120/70 and 180/55 Tires and 1 Inch longer rear Shocks.

For me, a fan of the first Gen, I would suggest they quit making Harley look-alike bikes like everyone else, and make a new version of the First Gen bikes, with a frame mounted fairling. Don't copy Honda though.

Fuel injection would then be at the top of the list after that.

Sound system brought up to modern standards.

ABS as an option, not everyone wants it.

I don't see a need for a lot more power, in an era of $3.50+ gas, don't add weight, or power when it really isn't needed, go for MPG and versatility.

Optional reverse gear.

My concerns of EFI, non-link ABS and ditch the cassette and cd have been touched on. I'm just elated that they are actually going to listen to us! I'll keep my 06 for many years, but I'll be looking at the new product with great interest. Maybe when I'm ready to retire, I'll be ready for a 3rd gen!:sign woo hoo:

Guest Saddletramp

I like the style of the 2nd gen. Up date it to EFI, full gauges, tach, volts, coolant temp, oil temp, an upgraded am/fm cd with cb, better venting in the foot well area, factory installed accessories such as passing lamps, pay more attention to the varying sizes of riders. Also would like to see an upgrade for electronic add-ons. Factory security system would be nice. I don't want to see a bike as futuristic as the GW or Vision. I like the classic look of the 2nd gen. Keep those floorboards out there, if I want to ride a crotch rocket styled bike I would buy one and that is highley unlikely!!!!

But I want all the toys too!!:crying: I know, hard to please.:rotf:

This might be a bit harder and more pricey, but doable.

1Gen with complete Vmax Engine, solid Motor mounts, FJR1300 17" Rims and Michelin Pilot Road2 Tires, lifted for 1.5 Inches in the rear and custom milled Fork Yokes.

Wing wont even appear in the Mirror for more than two or three Turns.

This might be a bit harder and more pricey, but doable.

1Gen with complete Vmax Engine, solid Motor mounts, FJR1300 17" Rims and Michelin Pilot Road2 Tires, lifted for 1.5 Inches in the rear and custom milled Fork Yokes.

Wing wont even appear in the Mirror for more than two or three Turns.

So when did you say you were visiting GA?? :whistling: I'll start saving my money.

So when did you say you were visiting GA?? :whistling: I'll start saving my money.

Sorry, as for today, no definite Plans to visit US... :confused24: :confused24: :confused24:

Just to give you some Insight, modifying FJR Rims need a big Lathe on which you can mount a 17 Inch Wheel, some special Tools for the Lathe and around 45 Hours of Work.

Fork Yokes might cost 1100 to 1500 USD or you have a Mill on your own and around 100 Hours milling Time on an manual Machine. CNC is a Lot faster, but needs to be programed.

Riding 2-up should be checked first, due to the light Wheels and their Weight allowed by Yamaha.

I believe for many of us who ride alot it would be these Items:

1) Correct the Top Heavyness

2) EFI

3) Reverse

4) Lower the Drivers Seat to 26" or 27"

5) Pull Back of Handlebars

6) Improved Stereo & Speakers

7) ABS Brakes

8) Detachable Fairing & Trunk

9) Little Engine Power Improvement

10) Keep current Dash Look, but add gages like a Tach, Oil, Coolant, etc.

11) Keep 5 year Unlimited Milage Warranty

I like the 2nd Gen design and everything everyone has said.

If you have been reading the journels they are revamping the V-Max. THey need to add engine items that do not require retooling for the HP increase. They are talking 200+ when they revamp the Max engine. They could use the V-Max cams, valves, valve springs, and engine parts that would not cost them a thing to do. Also, make the rear tail lights running, turn, and brake.

Just my nickles worth and thanks for what you are undertaking.

Sorry, as for today, no definite Plans to visit US... :confused24: :confused24: :confused24:

Just to give you some Insight, modifying FJR Rims need a big Lathe on which you can mount a 17 Inch Wheel, some special Tools for the Lathe and around 45 Hours of Work.

Fork Yokes might cost 1100 to 1500 USD or you have a Mill on your own and around 100 Hours milling Time on an manual Machine. CNC is a Lot faster, but needs to be programed.

Riding 2-up should be checked first, due to the light Wheels and their Weight allowed by Yamaha.

Sounds like a job for Yamaha. Now I know what I want. I touring V-Max. (Sounds like a 1st Gen :thumbsup2:) Seriously though I would love to see Yamaha make a NEW bike. The Victory Vision as an example. Not the bike but the fact that they made a new bike not just a copy. I echo what's been said about that. Not just an update.

Everyone has good ideas. ABS with this I see no need for linking brakes, MP3 with stereo you can hear with a NOAA weather channel and CB, electric movable windshield, 6 speed tranny with true 6 th gear overdrive for highway cruising, adjustable seat height, heated seats, lighted buttons for night viewing, cruise control, adjustable handle bars, fuel injection, digital dash with important information voltage, water temp, oil pressure,air tempreture,with an accurate speedo (is that to much to ask?) etc adjustable wind deflectors like the fjr1300 has except bigger. V4 1800 with a cylinder shutdown at cruising speed for better mileage shouldnt be to hard in the digital computer age. V4 I like helps keeps the motor away from the feet ( I dont like the goldwing motor sticking out.) Bluetooth compatible. More solid frame not the thin tubes of 1st Gen. If you can tell by my wish list it cant look like a 2nd Gen. Dump the classic look and update the styling go back to more of sleek windslippery look that slices the wind instead of a flying brick look probably help with the ever important gas mileage issue also.

I'm curious, is there such a thing for a motorcycle? Seems like a great idea but I can't recall ever seeing a seat that is adjustable.

Guest JGorom

Keep V-4 but tweak it...the way it is set up now you limit the power right out of the box...for instance...

• Tweak existing V-4 engine to gain Horse Power (add VMax components)
  • Change gearing to VMax rear end (better power in lower gears, 5th not so high)
  • Fuel Injection...finally per government regulations
  • Increase MPG (We need better MPG with these Increased gasoline prices)
  • Go to LED lighting for additional power availability for other items
  • Include standard plugs for heated clothing (one front, one rear)
  • Improve the brakes (I personally prefer linked brakes)
  • Better Stereo System and Speakers...amplifier standard issue
  • Place an MP3 into the stero system as standard...with card ports
  • Eliminate all chirp and whine issues...even if you have to go to a belt over shaft
  • Go to a batwing upper fairing, with gauges (Voltage, oil pressure, Coolant and Air temp). Make it so we get better hand protection (like on the batwing uppers) and make it so we now have vents as standard on the upper and lower fairing(s) (Like on the new Harley Ultra glides). Also change out the windshield set up like the Harley batwing so it's easier to change out windshields without tearing into the upper fairing. Did I say go to a batwing upper? Batwing Upper!!!
  • Make the bike a bit lower to the ground and less top heavy to help solve slow speed handling issues are improved.
  • Try to drop the weight a bit also to help with handling/mpg issues.
  • Go to a high quality tire as standard (Dunlop Elite III's/Avons/Michelin Commanders)
  • Instead of two color choices per model increase to at least 3.
  • Yes, fix the saddlebag trim so it matches the lines of the bags and paint on the bags...that is a simple fix that should have never existed in the first place.
  • Keep the 5 year warranty...and market the bike as the only big tourer with a 5 year warranty...that's a great selling point!
  • Finally, make the seat so Yamaha has a backrest that will pop right into a slot if you want to buy it...like Corbin does, Mustang, and Harley. (Gee...talk about a dummy issue for selling an additional item...how have you guys missed this one all along?)

I'm really glad to here they want to here from some of us on the update of this terrific motorcycle. For me:

1) Leave the style alone (Don't want 1st Gen or Wing Style)

2) Do not convert to V-Twin (Then it would be to much Harley)

3) Fuel Injection would be nice

4) Does not need to be much faster

5) Keep fuel mileage in mind

6) Update Audio System

7) Address Mechanical Issues (Rear, Tires..)