IGNORED

What's in a name? (Tell us about your username)

pbjman

So I am an I.T. on call sort of professional. I know enough about computers to know that there is much more to learn. I do know more than most of my friends and all of my family and the whole profession started as a hobby way back when. Most of my friends started calling me the Wizard because whenever they had a computer problem I'd sit down and fix it "like magic". To add to this my favourite character would be Gandalf of the Lord of the Rings fame.. So looking for a screen name I was going to use Wizard but the name was already taken. Cool thing about that is that the OTHER Wizard has a wife named Robin. Same as me. Anyhow the 765 is the first 3 numbers of my home phone (or was at the time).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started out as RandyA many years ago and at that time we ended up with several going by Randy and it got confusing. I was using Venturous on some other sites and noticed the name Venturous on here had not been used in a long time. I asked Freebird about changing and since the name was no longer being used and the membership had expired, he agreed to the change.

Then, some guy showed up as ~Venturous~ stating HE was the original Venturous. So, we are back in that confusion state again. So, after some thought, I went for Venturous Randy. I did get to spend some time with Gary Mace, the original Venturous, at the Asheville Rally and was so impressed with the Time Out camper that he had that I bought one also. He also only lives about an hour from me.

RandyA

It is somewhat obvious, I love things that fly.

I started flying model airplanes when I was 8 years old. I started out with the original sleek streak balsa model with the rubber band that you wind up.

Then for Christmas one year my god father gave me a little nitro powered car with an .049 engine in it. It was one that you held on to a string and it went round and round in a circle till it ran out of gas. It did not take real long for that to loose its excitement.

A couple of years later, I was at the local hobby shop with the car to inquire about what would be involved with converting that car engine into an airplane engine. While I was there talking to them about it, a nice "old" (to a 10 years old anyone that drives is old) man was listening in and offered to help me out. Ahhhhh it was a different time back then. I had no issue jumping in the car with a total stranger and going to his house who knows where. He converted that engine from a car engine to an airplane engine and then took me back to the hobby shop, where he showed me an appropriate airplane to start out with and gave me directions to the place where he and others were flying these airplanes.

I built that airplane, and loaded everything up on my bike and peddled the 10 miles to where they were flying. That was all it took, the hook was set and 50 years later I still have not even loosed that hook a little.

About 8 years ago my darned kids, for a birthday, bought me an introductory flight in a real airplane. Dang kids, a few thousand dollars later I had my private pilots license to be able to fly the real thing.

Did I ever mention that I like things that fly..........I have been told many times that I have spent foolish amounts of money over the years on toy airplanes, but I did and do have a lot of fun with them.

My flying style does seem a little reckless to some, but then some of my airplanes are very old. Hence the fool half of the name.

most people think I got mine from being old. I don't think I was old when I got it? I just turned 50 LOL

back when I was given this name. my sister and my brother in-law have a trailer way out by a farm that the use for summer time.

they bring there grand daughter my great niece out here. well I just happened to go out there to do some fishing.

took my little great niece to the fishing hole. unbeknown to me. you crossed the field by the farmers house. to get to it. well this farmer had goats all over the place.

one followed us to the fishing hole. while fishing this goat got the idea he did not like me for some reason?

I was bent over putting a worm on the grate

nieces hook when wham that sucker hit me full force in my back side. into the pond I went. out I came and the grate niece said that was a nasty old goat.

so about 3 days latter she was standing in front of me I bent over to tie my shoe when I slipped and I head butter her in her backside.

she said hey uncle jimmy that reminds me of that old goat and with your beard and all you look like an oldgoat. so that became my new biker name when we ride together.

I gave her the name neverstop. because that kid when we ride never stops talking in my ear. sad to say she will be 18 and boys and things this last summer gave way to the bike rides.

Uncle DJ is a nickname that a good friend gave me about 30 years ago that stuck. He claims the DJ stands for "Duking John" after a fist fight I was in, back when I was young and dumb. It kinda fits though, with my first two initials being JD, and I take good care of my friends......kinda like I was their uncle.

It's also a shortened version of my Yahoo name, uncledjm14, which is my nickname, and favorite rifle.:cool10:

Mine is a nickname similar to my last name which is Dinges, pronounced like door Hinges, but with a D. Nickname is pronounced as in Ding dong, with a Y on the end, same as the small boat Dinghy.

For those that know me, Dingy fits my personality.

Gary

Motive (adjective) was derived from things that are in physical motion such as cars, bikes, boats and planes. I have wrenched on all of these.:smash2:

Motive (noun) as in ulterior motive. I will neither confirm nor deny that I have one.:whistling:

In true boater fashion to name your watercraft in a quirky manner the e was dropped to get MOTIV, plus I save a bunch of time with one less character to type!:banana:

Rickardracing. Last name plus the racing. Why the racing? My two boys and I used to competitively race remote controlled cars. Mostly outdoor parking lot asphalt track on-road in the summer and indoor ozite carpet tracks in the winter. we did this from about 1998 until 2007. Went all over Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. We became known as the rickardracing team. Bada boom.

When i was little,growing up .My little sister could'nt pronounce duane, it always came out Duuee. Hence i added the y and Duey has stuck for many many years. People ask about Huey n Louie, the other 2 odd ducks, i just tell folks that Huey n Louie can't behave so i don't bring them with me anywhere!! Added the k for last name and added the front part of my B-Day for internet purposes.:missingtooth:

Mr_D comes from one of my Co workers that used to always Call me Mr Lennox when we would meet at Functions and one day it got Shrotened to Mr_D since my first Name is Darryl. It just stuck and has then since been used regular.

I found vr.org in 2009 after riding the Goldwing, HD Electra Glide, and Venture. I decided on the RSV and joined vr.org to learn about any issues with the bike so I would know what I was getting myself into. At the time membership was free so I lurked for a year before I found my '09.

When I first joined vr.org, I was riding a 1999 Virago 1100 SE (Special Edition). Had it from brand new. XV1100SE is the Yamaha model for the Virago. When I bought the RSV I was thinking of keeping two bikes but the RSV became my daily ride and sold the Venture a little more than a year after getting the RSV.

Mine comes from my time spent playing and coaching hockey. More from the Coaching end from teaching the individual skills to be able to play the game at a high level. Teaching this to kids of all ages, telling them you need to skate, shoot, pass, and stick handle too. I have needed user names for a couple forums, and I could always remember stickhandle2

Mike

A kickshot is used while playing pool. It is in my opinion one of the hardest shots to make. Since nothing ever comes easy in this life I value the things that are hardest to earn or master. I play pool on a league team and have been for 15+ years now. Hence the name kickshot because I started the message broad thing on billiards web sites. Now my oldest friends still call me Bear but that's a whole different story.

kickshot