IGNORED

OFFICIAL 2014 International Rally Location

Freebird

OK...there has still been a lot of discussion about the 2014 International Rally. Kentucky was the early leader in the polls but the facility was just not going to work out. Brake Pad had already done a lot of work with the folks in Guntersville, AL so we are going to go with that one.

Now there have been some complaints about heat and etc. in AL that time of the year. Yes, it may be warm but it will not be too bad. Average highs that time of the year are about 90 degrees and often cooler than that. It will be a nice time and a beautiful area to ride.

So it is official. See you all in Guntersville. :thumbsup2:

2014 IR will be July 27thThru the 31st ( Sunday thru Thursday )

GUNTERSVILLE STATE PARK.

http://www.alapark.com/LakeGuntersville

For the people that would like to help out. Please shoot me an e-mail, so I can add you to our list of Committee members. I will be opening a private page so we can chat on our progress.

Edited by Brake Pad
added dates

Thanks Don for pulling the plug,, so to speak,, and oh, I wasn't complaining about the heat,,, I was only commenting, but thanks for pointing that out.

Guess you got some work ahead of you Brake Pad,,,,,, Go For IT.

Need some help, just ask.

Brake Pad

Not sure who is on your committee but I think that Eck should pipe in on possible day rides and attractions for folks.

I have attached a link to a day ride that I personally have ridden and think that it should keep people in the shade.

http://binged.it/12iLJk8

Another Ride possibility is up to Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, TN

http://binged.it/151HoTh

Hope this works for you!

Edited by Cowboy
Adding another link

Thanks Don for pulling the plug,, so to speak,, and oh, I wasn't complaining about the heat,,, I was only commenting, but thanks for pointing that out.

Guess you got some work ahead of you Brake Pad,,,,,, Go For IT.

Need some help, just ask.

+1

Was only Commenting as well, seeing as how it wasn't the official destination at the time.

I wish nothing but the best, for this rally.

Go get em!

I see the date. Do we have a location so that we can make reservations. Hotel, Motel, Camping

Steve Taskay

2014 IR will be July 28th Thru the 31st ( Monday thru Thursday )

For the people that would like to help out. Please shoot me an e-mail, so I can add you to our list of Committee members. I will be opening a private page so we can chat on our progress.

GUNTERSVILLE STATE PARK.

Well being Monday through Thursday, I will not be able to make it. Why is this being held on weekdays? I would think more people would be more inclined to make it if it were to include the weekend either before or after. I would have to take an entire week off. I work Mon-Fri. I won't be dedicating an entire week off for the rally.

GUNTERSVILLE STATE PARK.

Well being Monday through Thursday, I will not be able to make it. Why is this being held on weekdays? I would think more people would be more inclined to make it if it were to include the weekend either before or after. I would have to take an entire week off. I work Mon-Fri. I won't be dedicating an entire week off for the rally.

It ends up being the same number of days off for most people.

Saturday is the travel day to get there.

If the rally started on Saturday, then you would need to travel on Friday off for travel time to get there. Many (maybe even most) people need more than one day to get to the rally. So if you have 4 days of rally and 4 days of travel, it eats a week no matter which day it starts on.

I wasn't complaining about the heat

Sure sounded like it.

You missed Arkansas that was wicked, good thing we found a watering hole under a bridge to dive of rocks, sure cooled things off. Come to think about it Colarado was some hot as well.

Brad

If the Company [WalMart] has store inventory on the same date as this year [8/1], I won't be able to make it. No vacation time allowed in the month before that insanity. [And if it turns out as bad as this year's did, we may all be out of a job!] It sounds interesting, not quite as much stuff to do as Galena so far, but it is a case of wait and see what the committee members come up with. Start looking!! :D