IGNORED

Member in need

Freebird

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, as others have already said...thank YOU for posting this about Mike.

Mike, money has been sent. I may be old-school too, but I know how to send money via PayPal. And Mike...when things are all figured out here, if you need more...just PM me.

Miles:backinmyday:

Mike

Hard working, well meaning, dedicated people need to look out for one another. As a fellow father (and rider) your story is meaningful to me. I hope you and your family come thru this current situation well.

Andrew

Paypal sent, prayers on their way also.

Mike recently sold a guitar amp to a fellow co-worker. He could not believe how nice and helpful he was during the transaction. Testament to the kind of people on this site.

I guess I need to step up here and say thanks to each and everyone of you for what has been happening here today. I'm still sort of reeling from the responses to this post. Your words of support and well wishes has made my day a little lighter.

I wish I could find the right words to express what I feel right now but I'm not sure I could do that as well as I need to.

So for now all I can do is say thank you for everything.

With all my heart,

Mike

Mike,

There is no way you could said it any better or with any more sincerity!

I don't want to introduce a downer attitude here but........what purpose is served by these posts? Send the man some money and done. He'll know who u are and of course u know. And of course the man (or woman- politically correct here lol) upstairs. Why tell all of us?

Because we are FAMILY here, as I can attest to after you'alls help to me a year and a half ago.....

We all help to hold each other up (or down, right Yammer?!) with our donations or written feelings. Maybe we need to show why we felt that way to do the donation....

Yes, I can agree with Dano! I don't think it's a case of "Look at me!" for the response but rather letting people know we as a family care! It can and should also act as an encouragement to others to think about helping out as well. I've yet to see a post bragging about exactly how much anybody gave but rather words of encouragement and heartfelt emotions.

On the other hand yes I know what the Bible has to say about giving and that we are not to strut around all puffed up about it, but rather not to let the left hand know what the right hand is doing, and that we should give in private and secretly so as not to bring glory to ourselves...

I don't want to introduce a downer attitude here but........what purpose is served by these posts? Send the man some money and done. He'll know who u are and of course u know. And of course the man (or woman- politically correct here lol) upstairs. Why tell all of us?

for me it was a post to bump it back to the top....nothing more........prayers were sent before the paypal.............and also to let snaggletooth know I care as he could look at who my paypal says I am and what me call name heres says and not have any idea who I am........Snaggle you and your daughter are in the wife and my prayers.......

David

I agree that it helps to keep the thread active. I don't think that anybody does it to draw attention to the fact that they helped. Keeping it active and showing the enthusiasm that people show may encourage others to help also. I'm OK with it.

1st it keeps the thread active and prevents it from disappearing into oblivion 200 posts down the scale.

2nd sometimes people need to see that others have contributed to help encourage them to do the same. That's not to say they wouldn,t, but its like dancing, some just need to see a few others get up first, before they get up on the floor.

Edited by saddlebum

Mike, not able to send anything right now but in a couple months maybe. I hope things work out for you and yours with everything going on. I'm sending out a prayer for you for now, but I will be sure to send along something a bit later. Let us know how things are as well as if you need anything more.

Mike6541