IGNORED

wrecked the 99 on saturday

pmelah

Man Paul, hope you heal quickly. Broken bones definately hurt! Been there, done that, no fun at all! Like Don, I would be glad to donate a few bucks for a new helmet if you like. Let us know how you are doing and if any of us can do anything to help out, we're all family here!

Man....if all you are concerned about, right now, is the helmet....the head must have hit the pavement real hard. :scared:

Sorry, couldnt help it..:o

Worry about the body right now and hope you get well soon and back on a bike.:thumbsup2:

:322::beer:

Yeah the helmet would be the least of my worries. Just glad you are here to tell the story as I am. Good luck and heal fast. :)

Edited by star4772

I'm sure we can help you out if you really need some help for a new helmet. Do you take PayPal? I will make a donation.

I will second that. If you have PayPal, let us know where to send a donation, and I will pitch in for a new helmet.

Now, I will ask the question that no one else has asked...yet. WHY did your front brake lock-up? There must be a reason. You say you were doing a "test ride". Does that mean you had done some modifications to the bike, some additions, some changes, some repairs...and this was the first "test ride" after that work??? And for it to happen at 25 mph...Hmmm !!! I would want to know what happened, so that it can be fixed or remedied, so that it does not occur a second time.

:detective:

Hey Paul. Hope you feel better and can get back on the road real quick. It is good that you are a member of a site like this where you feel comfortable in posting about your bad experience and other members care about your recovery and helping you out. Let us know how things go.

Paul what a sad dayfor your bike.That is a beautiful early RSTD.I hope there was not much damage to it.As to yourself we are very happy that you are still around to tell the tale.Are you in the hospital,are you home?You need a new knee??:confused24:. I don't want to pry into your private affairs but you said you had no insurance,did you mean on the bike or health insurance for yourself or both?If we can chip in for a new helmet we can certainly chip in something to help with the medical bills if necessary.Please let us know what you need.If you can't ask for yourself PM somebody on the board to make a request for you.We are family here as Don said earlier.

update thank you all for your kind and wounderfull post and phone calls i have gotten his is one handed 2 finger typing on meds:sick::whistling:myy friend at work says there ismore damage to me than the bike i am wheel chair bound for a min. 3 weeks now can anyone tell me where the throtele cable is suppose to go on this thing :confused24::confused24::whistling::rotf::rotf: i was the first to talk about it now i have to laugh at it i dont know what i did wrong and i keep going over every detail of that day in my head? what will cause a brake to enguage with no action brakes are not linked i am dumbfounded on this oh no insurance on this bike got it on the 84 venture but not the rstd and the wife said i can get a new one to replace this one in 30 yrs:confused24::sick:

Hey Paul,

Both Jean and I are sorry to hear about your recent accident! I hope you mend quickly.

Count me in for a donation for a new helmet. Rest up, heal up, and let me know when you are ready to fix that bike up.

Glad you are still here with us, my friend! :thumbsup2:

Earl and Jean