IGNORED

Carbon One is DOWN!!!

reddevilmedic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read of larry's wreck, man hate to hear this. i thought a trike would be more visible, but if the other people aren't looking most of the time. susan and i are sending our thoughts and prayers for a good recovery for him. they can check their phone records to see if they were texting or talking on the phone. the mother shouldn't be on the phone, as she is responsible for what he does while driving! i watch a show on tv called people's law where lawers address differant section of law and court cases and they say that both sides can check the driving records, car and big rig's black box and camera's that's about everywhere now. it can change the outcome of most cases. when i had a wreck and the other truck kept going they were looking around the area for cameras that might have recorded it, but there weren't any. hope for a quick recovery and a return to riding if he wants to.

I'm thinking the poor 16 year old now suffers from nightmares...

The lad was in shock, as was his mother. The boy panic'd and hit the accelerator instead of the brake when he spotted the trike. She (the mother) was the first one to reach Larry after the crash, Jeannie had to tell her not to touch him. From what I'm told they were nice and caring people.

Myself I was ready to kill. The others had to walk me away before I did something stupid.

EMS was very fast to respond, as were the LEO's

Being the kind of man Larry is, and knowing that our anger stems from just how much a part of the VR.ORG family he is to us, I am sure that he holds no grudge towards this young fellow that was driving. Personally, this accident has caused me to reflect on a lot of the dumb things that I did as a young man.

I am in no way trying to downplay the fact that because of the careless act of this young person, our good friend and fellow VR.ORG brother lies in a hospital with possible life changing injuries. For that, I am very angry. BUT I would ask us all to remember when we ourselves were young, and if we made a list of the people that NEVER made a mistake, I am sure it would be a VERY short list!:confused24: This is how each and every one of us learned how to be the responsible adults we are today. By making mistakes, and learning from them, and trying to do better next time. I hope and pray that Larry will be up and riding in no time at all, and I also pray that the young man that crashed into Larry will NEVER make this kind of mistake again. I believe that it is our duty as adults, to teach the next generation how to be better people. Let us not pass up this opportunity to say a prayer for Larry, AND this young man as well. BOTH will bear the scars of this accident for the rest of their lives.

Earl

ya. that kid looked like a mess. i thought Boomer was gonna kill someone. it was shocking, to say the least. the kids looked broke up too. nice group though. hope Larry gets well soon.

Yeah, Sarah and Chris were freaked out by the accident. The Boy was in shock over the whole thing, I'm sure my comments directed at him didn't help either, but I can't un-say them, :( they were said in my rage over what he had just done.

Bad news indeed. Best wishes to Carbon One for a full recovery. I'm with Skydoc, I can recall when I was I was 16. Consider myself Very Lucky I didn't hurt myself or someone else in the risk taking years. Later some one told me "its better to be lucky than good" probably some truth to that as well.

Interesting about this is I assume then the mother didn't see the trike either? Two people in the car and no one saw him? Hmmmmm. Anyway glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Derrek

RSTDdog

Sad news. Wishing for a speedy recovery.

It would be pretty difficult to control your reactions when you are on the scene and witness something like this I'm sure, and thinking of the other persons feelings wouldn't be on your mind. But yea we have all been 16 and and I know I had my share of wrecks, but thankfully not like this.

i think we can all recall our younger days and wonder how we ever made it to this present day and time? we all had angels watching over us:whistling: some of us more so than others and probably retired a few of em early :confused24::backinmyday::backinmyday:just a sugestion when Larry is up to it yall invite the young kid and his family to a meet and eat and all of yall teach the youngster how to ride and drive this way yall will know he is taught right granit whats done is done and from the way everyone talks of Larry taking the shirt off his back to help others ... i think yall see where im going with this you cant take back what was said and you cant take back the accident but you can make a positive influence on the kids future :confused24::confused24:

As already said, we all probably did some dumb things when we were 16. I guess the difference was that many of us already had a lot of driving experience by the time we reached 16, I know I did. I wonder if the kid had gone through any driver's ed in school? It makes me wonder since he panic-ed and he confused the brake and the gas.

RandyA

Not only have we made some dumb mistakes when we were young but how often to this day have we all had such a close call do to a split second of inattention, that one split second more and there could have been disaterous results. Add to that inexperience and the odds become even greater. Sometimes I believe young drivers should complete an off road skid and handling course before being allowed to drive on the road. Traffic today is so much bussier then it was in our learning days.

BOTH of my kids when learning to drive, PANIC and BOTH had hit the gas pedal instead of the brake. and yes you can have learners permits and they can drive with an adult before the driving classes. this was after they were allowed to drive on there own. not sure with a parent in the car what they can do if this happens and there sitting there yelling at them to STOP STOP! . Larry PLEASE GET WELL !!

Jeff