• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our most positive thoughts and wishes to Dano and his family. I've already had a couple of close calls with deer around here and I know just how quickly these situations can get ugly. I hope that he recovers well and quickly. I also wish that we could reinstate deer hunting in our area. They are becoming a plague around here. One ran into the side of my wife's friend's car day before yesterday and caused her to go into the ditch. Fortunately her injuries were minor.

Good luck Dano...all the best.

Andy

Yeah, I noticed that, as well. I bet most of us did.

It would probably be better to leave it unsaid for now. True, for now we don't know if it would have made a difference. What matters most now is Dano's well-being. Let's pray for his recovery, help in other ways if we can & leave the :stickpoke: out of the conversation. :)

You are right and my apologies as well as prayers to Dano

Is this the time and place that seems appropriate to you to point out his protective gear?

It may not have been the best timing, but concern for friends and loved ones come out in many forms and not always at the best of times. Certianly not something to argue over at a time like this.

Lets just all hope that Dano pulls through this without any negative side effects. Having met Dano in person several times and getting to know him on this site for all he has done and the help he has offered, I for one as I am sure everyone here, feels that Dan deserves every possible chance of complete recovery and look forward to seeing him up and about quickly.

:fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo

I have a pickup truck and trailer, live in north-east Indianapolis (Castleton area). If I can be of help in any way please PM me (or use contact info in my profile) even if not requiring use of the the transportation vehicles. I'll do whatever I can to help reduce the burden of dealing with the aftermath .

OF course my primary concern is that Dan has a full recovery.

I am sorry if I was out of line.

Pointing out the lack of a helmet was not intended to be a slight to Dan in any way.

We all have freedom of choice

But...if being a jerk can make anyone think twice and save them from serious injury or death...then I will happily be that jerk anytime!

It is extremely hard to hear of one of our own having an accident like this. Dan and Rose are awesome folks, we have broke bread with them many times as well as stayed with each other at our houses. I was numb this morning when Freebird called me to let me know. Dan has always been a very active part of this forum and has gone out of his way many times to help folks in need. He is a very good friend to me and I love him like my own kin.

It's hard getting to know folks here, befriend them and spend time with them, because you get close. When something like this happens there is no difference between your blood kin and who you decide to make kin to you.

Dan and Rose, I love you both and will do anything I can to help you folks in whatever way possible. Rose you hang in there and by all means let us know what you need. Dan.....get better brother, we have many more years ahead of us to spend time together....

Good luck Dan.

Thank God for people that take the time to learn CPR !!

:thumbsup2:

Gary

I know I'm more of a part-timer here, I know few personally. I do wish Dan the best.

But, Looks like God is got a handle on this early with a stranger bringing him back with CPR. Stopped bad from being worst.

Recover and heal quick.