IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

Don and I still pray for Ponch and Kathy. so very glad you guys are posting his updates. We too would love to visit but it's a bit too far away.

He is a really great guy, so we hope the good news keeps coming and we will keep the prayers going too. Ponch is a fighter and we know he will keep improving with so many praying for him.

Don and Patti

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So good to hear of David's improvements. With family & us here at VR praying for him, his determination to get better, the prayers are surely being heard by the Lord in Heaven.

Thanks to all who can visit him and encourage David to keep going. Keep these great reports coming folks. :thumbsup2:

Larry

My apologies for not getting on here sooner, life in Texas hasnt slowed down for us

:no-no-no:

As mentioned by Gunboat, several of us were able to go see David on Sunday. I can't express how good it felt to be able to have a conversation with one of my best friends in almost 2 months! I have been praying harder than I ever remember during this time and as hard as I tried to look at the positive of David surviving during the last 2 months, my heart has been dragging. David mentioned when I walked in that my face was familiar, he didn't get the name right at 1st, but I could look him in the eye and we could talk with eachother. That was the moment for me, we may have to rebuild our friendship from scratch, but I will gladly do that to have David back in our lives

:)

We brought down the laptop with many picture folders of Rally's and MD's and started showing them to David. His eyesight is a bit funky right now, but he is able to make out the pics if he looks hard at them. He did pretty good at recognising people from the pictures, this give me great hope that he will continue to get some more of his memory back. Another one of my moments is when both he and I busted on Doodle as we were looking through the pics. I almost cried I was so happy that it seemed a little more like normal between the 3 of us (For those of you that dont know Ponch, Kregerdoodle or myself, we are best friends and are ALWAYS busting eachothers chops!)

David will talk your ear off! he is still very emotional as there is so much he is trying to absorb and comprehend. His voice is not the same right now as he is healing from the trache and his vocal cords haven't been used in 6 weeks or better. We would have stayed a bit longer, but he had some other friends of the family show up and we didn't want to take from their time with him. He was very sad to see us go and tears flowed from both sides, he really didn't want to let go of Lonna's hand, god love him. We promised we would be back and we will, I may try to get back down there Saturday and see him for a while.

In all reality, what we have witnessed through this site is a miracle. I dont usually get too preachy, but all that happened with David, surviving a stroke and a 60mph motorcycle crash is nothing short of miraculous. I will forever believe that it was all of you folks, and the thousands of others that talked with God, who led David back to us. I'm a firm believer that we all have a purpose on this planet, God knows we shouldn't have survived our crash in '08....but there were other plans for us, as I'm sure there is for David.

I can't thank you all enough for keeping David and his family in your thoughts. I can rest a bit easier knowing that when I left David at the hospital on Sunday, I was able to look him in the eye....and tell him that I loved him

:)

Thanks so much for the update Brad. We were just talking about Ponch and wondering how he was doing. So glad he is progressing and thanks to the man upstairs for watching over him and his family. Our thoughts and prayer's are still with Ponch and family daily. Keep it up Ponch--:thumbsup: Gil

Appreciate the updates from everyone and we keep praying for Ponch and Kathy and their whole family. We pray he continues to heal. Prayer can do miraculous things...as we have witnessed here.

Love you Ponch. Keep up the fight!

Don and Patti

I have called Kathy and asked if I could come to Houston to see Ponch knowing he may be in PT or whatever and she says come on down..or over so in the morning I am headed for Houston to see him. Im hoping as everyone else that has seen him that he is improving every day. Its a couple hundred miles over there so I will not be able to report back until tomorrow evening but I will as soon as I get back to Blanco. Ive got the GPS set and leaving at 6 AM 10/21/2011. Hope to be there by 0930

I have called Kathy and asked if I could come to Houston to see Ponch knowing he may be in PT or whatever and she says come on down..or over so in the morning I am headed for Houston to see him. Im hoping as everyone else that has seen him that he is improving every day. Its a couple hundred miles over there so I will not be able to report back until tomorrow evening but I will as soon as I get back to Blanco. Ive got the GPS set and leaving at 6 AM 10/21/2011. Hope to be there by 0930

Have a safe trip. And tell him we said Hi and are praying for him.

I don't know the man but what a great testament to him this thread is and to this whole family. I haven't posted till now for not knowing what to say but I've been keeping track of him and keeping him and all of his friends in my thoughts. I get the feeling as me and my wife travel alone this week of having this whole family around us. Best group ride I have ever been on.

GOOD LUCK Ponch and God Speed