IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

This weekend we are headed to Texas for Squid & Lonna's Brazos Baptism.....Now I'm thinking a run to the Houston Hospital to see Ponch is certainly doable!!

Boomer.....who sez thanks to all for the updates....and lets keep those prayers and good thoughts going!!:cool10:

Me to!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this in a text tonight. My dad took his first steps in pt today!!!! They had him push a shopping cart lol

I think this is friggin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had to share.

:wow::thumbsup: Great news....Hand him a shopping list and see if he smiles. Prayer's still being sent.

For the 1st time in 6 weeks, I finally got to see one of my best friends. I am going to be honest here, David is obviously looking much better that he 1st did. That being said, he has a long, long way to go. It was a very bittersweet moment for me personally, I am so grateful that he is still here with us. In the same breath, David will more than likely never be the same. I know that sounds a bit gloomy, and I still hold out great hope for him, but until the bleeding on his brain completely stops. We wont know how much damage there is. He is currently in speech therapy, and was able to talk to us. I dont honestly know if he could differentiate Kenny, from Boomer or myself, I'd like to think he can, but the brain bleeding is really hampering his ability to communicate on his own.

I can't tell you how much I love David, he is every bit a mentor to me and I value his friendship more everyday. I am amazed at the miraculous recovery he has made thus far. I hold out hope as while I was there I held his hand the entire time. He initiated different holding positions with me with both hands. This was very encouraging for me and several times he looked in my direction and said "Thank You" I just really want to be able to have a conversation with him. That is what my prayers are going to be angled towards from now on. Keep thinking of him, keep talking to God about him, keep praying for him. He has come so far and we can't let up now, I miss my Buddy....and I want him to come back to us :)

Thanks Brad..Ive been holding off coming over there but I will give Cathy a call and hopefully get over ther next week..I have to work this week so it will have to be first part of October..I too want to keep seeing the recovery going in a positive direction,only thing I can do is Pray. I miss him.

For the 1st time in 6 weeks, I finally got to see one of my best friends. I am going to be honest here, David is obviously looking much better that he 1st did.

I have a question that's a little off subject.... but why am I not getting an email notification when Squid posts a comment or update to this thread?? I get everyone else's but everytime Squid posts a report or comment on how Ponch is doing.... Nada.. Zilch.. Squid, am I on your 'black list' for some reason???

I have a question that's a little off subject.... but why am I not getting an email notification when Squid posts a comment or update to this thread?? I get everyone else's but everytime Squid posts a report or comment on how Ponch is doing.... Nada.. Zilch.. Squid, am I on your 'black list' for some reason???

Condor, I think you might be on everyones black list....lol! :stickpoke::whistling:

Brian

There is no doubt that I truly enjoy venturing into Texas and spending time with all of the Texas Gang. This trip was made even better because I was able to visit with Ponch and offer support to Kathy.

Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming folks...God is obviously hearing all of us!!

Boomer

[ATTACH]61167[/ATTACH]

Ponch with me and JoeRanger. Ponch is working on my bike at Freebird's Maintenance Day, putting on the center stand.

Ponch brought this center stand up for me from his Texas home. We took it directly off his bike. Just wanted to share this, as others, we are thinking and praying for Ponch and his family. Thank you all for the much appreciated updates.

Thanks JoeRanger for sharing the photo with me.

James

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Ponch and his family are very much in our thoughts every day, and so are the rest of you geographically close to him. It really has to be hard on all of you.....it's bad enough up here, waiting for any good news that we can read in this post.

Beth and I thank each of you who has taken the time to post updates on our friend, it means the world to us.

I don't know if you're reading these posts or not Ponch...but if you are....keep pushing hard my friend, you will make it through!

gunk