IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cathy,(Ponchs Wife) called me this evening. Was good to hear from her and SO FAR they are doing OK. Not much I can add as far as updates I just reassured her that if she needed anything to call us and that the entire VR Family is still praying for Ponch and the family. She does believe he had a stroke and speculates that is why he went down. She says She will call if they need anything, I told her I will wait for her to call me as I know this is overwhelming for her and Shannon. Just wanted to share this with all of you. Tom

Cathy,(Ponchs Wife) called me this evening. Was good to hear from her and SO FAR they are doing OK. Not much I can add as far as updates I just reassured her that if she needed anything to call us and that the entire VR Family is still praying for Ponch and the family. She does believe he had a stroke and speculates that is why he went down. She says She will call if they need anything, I told her I will wait for her to call me as I know this is overwhelming for her and Shannon. Just wanted to share this with all of you. Tom

Thanks for the update Tom, keep us posted.

Heres a bit more....

Shannon sent Monkey Boy a text this morning, I'll post here what she had to say...

"Good morning, no news is good news. We get distracted and forget which one of us called who lol.

He is breathing on his own with the trache and his wounds are healing everyday. They have started to give him some medication to help him wake up, we are anxious to see if it helps. Otherwise all is good.

Thats what we have from Shannon today, we'll keep after it and as soon as he gets a room out of ICU we can get some more info, keep it up folks, both for Ponch and Hals sister...everything all at once it seems here in Ventureland :(

Hi Everyone, My sister got released from the hospital and going home today with a lot of pain. She broke 3 ribs, broke her sternum, and she has extreme road rash as she was drug by the car 3 house lenths and up a curb. We thank everyone for the prayers as they are working.

Our prayers are still going out for Ponch has, So glad to hear that he is making improvements.

Hal n Val

Edited by Squidley

Still praying for Ponch, but I gotta ask. Without going through 370 posts, has anyone taken a look at the bike yet?? I did see the possible stroke post, and the one about the weaving, but a blown rear tire could have caused that. Anyone in the loop??

Guest scarylarry
Still praying for Ponch, but I gotta ask. Without going through 370 posts, has anyone taken a look at the bike yet?? I did see the possible stroke post, and the one about the weaving, but a blown rear tire could have caused that. Anyone in the loop??

I been reading this daily and no there hasn't been any pictures as of yet, as a matter of fact little talk about the bike or what happen...

Now did someone see the bike, I don't remember reading about that either...

Rick,

David was wearing a half helmet and unfortunately this is why there is so much damage to his face and jaw. I am seriously rethinking my wearing of a half helmet and very possibly might look into another full face helmet. Thank you for the offer of support and should we need it we will let you know.

Art,

We really have no clue on what caused this accident. The tires on the bike were still aired up when we saw it on the flatbed so as far as I could tell there was no tire issue. Davids bike is in very good shape as he's pretty meticulous about it mechanically, so unless this was a catastrofic failure of a component I'm having doubts about that. What I am about to say is purely speculative, but there are a few of us that believe it was something medical. I will say this again, this is a guess at best, we have no knowledge of this and we'll have to wait and see if there can be tests to confirm or deny this.

As always Thank You All for keeping David and his family in your thoughts and prayers. I keep praying for the best in the hopes that I can have one of my best friends back.

David....We LOVE you brother!