IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone for your prayers. They are working! Today was a great day. He said his first words in Speech Therapy...Hello and Leave me alone. Lol. Although he is not fully responsive, he is starting to wake up more everyday. Physical and Occupational Therapy has been working on movements and have him up a lot with the use of specialized mats and wheelchairs. Today he came off oxygen and pain meds. My dad finally responded for the Dr. when he came by this morning. The staff at TIRR is great and they are very excited about his progress. It is sure to be a long road.

I will try to keep everyone up to date. I am traveling back and forth from Corpus Christi. Keep the prayers coming!

-Shannon.

Also, our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the fires. I grew up in Magnolia. It's truly heartbreaking to watch.

Shannon:

Beth and I did not have the pleasure of meeting you when we visited your Dad, Mom, and some more of the Houston gang including Sweet Nothing, Kregerdoodle, Gunboat and of course the other half of the sumo wrestling team Squidleeeedooooooooo....old schooooooool being the other half of the Houston Sumo wrestling team....pics are on the site, we posted 'em last year

I'd just like for your and your Mom to know that you are all in our thoughts each and every day. Your parents went out of there way to entertain us when we were down that way, and that is something that Beth and I will not ever forget! Your folks have a special place in our hearts, and always will! Tell your dad we're pushing for him, and pulling as well.

gunk and beth

Thanks Shannon. I thank God that Ponch is doing somewhat better. Prayers for Ponch and all of you. Also for those dealing with the huge awful fires, I have been following this on the news. So many have lost all they have (1,400 homes and counting). I feel sorry for all those affected in Texas.

James

I've never met Ponch and am relatively new here but accidents like this are so devastating to hear about. Thank you so much for keeping us updated and letting us know what's going on.

Hopefully he will make a full recovery!! You are very special, Sharon, to be taking such good care of him and being so supportive. It must be very difficult for you.

So glad to see he's making a recovery step by step.

hi folks

today was a special day. got to see and spend some time with ponch, cathy and shannon at the tirr unit. ponch is looking good & most of the road rash is healed up. he held his head up several time when you spoke to him. also he would make eye contact and raise his hands. i had meet shannon several years ago and it was good to spend some time with her. she has a photo album with different pictures in it of david & cathy in their very early years ( high school ) as a couple. also got to meet david's life long friend (jim has known david since grade school) he's the one who introduced david and cathy. what a love story. i have been blessed to have known these two for over 6 years. please continue with your thoughts and prayers for ponch, cathy & shannon.

best reguards to all

don c.

hi folks

today was a special day. got to see and spend some time with ponch, cathy and shannon at the tirr unit. ponch is looking good & most of the road rash is healed up. he held his head up several time when you spoke to him. also he would make eye contact and raise his hands. i had meet shannon several years ago and it was good to spend some time with her. she has a photo album with different pictures in it of david & cathy in their very early years ( high school ) as a couple. also got to meet david's life long friend (jim has known david since grade school) he's the one who introduced david and cathy. what a love story. i have been blessed to have known these two for over 6 years. please continue with your thoughts and prayers for ponch, cathy & shannon.

best reguards to all

don c.

:clap2::thumbsup2::cool10:

Glad you got to see him and thanks for the good news.

I want to go see him and Cathy soon.

We had a very special visit with Ponch last night as this is the first time being able to see him since the day before his accident. He was very tired after being worked over so hard in rehab but still knew who Renee and I were, he waved and tried to speak, showed me his head and all the road rash. All his road rash is about healed up, the bruising is bout gone. It was very good to see him and Kathy.

If anyone wants to go see him I would suggest to go on the weekend in the afternoon when he is more awake as these nurses work very hard with him throuhgout the day he would be more awake to visit with you. Kathy mentioned she would like to see y'all to. Keep up the prayers as David is slowley getting better.

Thanks alot for the up-date and phone call Dave, I really appreciate it, Many Prayers continue.

We had a very special visit with Ponch last night as this is the first time being able to see him since the day before his accident. He was very tired after being worked over so hard in rehab but still knew who Renee and I were, he waved and tried to speak, showed me his head and all the road rash. All his road rash is about healed up, the bruising is bout gone. It was very good to see him and Kathy.

If anyone wants to go see him I would suggest to go on the weekend in the afternoon when he is more awake as these nurses work very hard with him throuhgout the day he would be more awake to visit with you. Kathy mentioned she would like to see y'all to. Keep up the prayers as David is slowley getting better.