IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this thread and didn't realize I had been gone so long. I bought a new (to me) '00 Concours this summer and have been educating myself on it on the Connie forums and neglecting the VR forums.

I was speechless to read what happened to Ponch. I have only met a few of the VR members and Ponch was one of them. What a great guy. He rode all the way from Waco to my house on a cold rainy Saturday to help me (more like I helped him) install a guage set on my bike.

My heart goes out to him and his family. More prayers on the way from north Texas.

Jim

Ok folks,I am back from Houston and spent a couple of hours with Ponch and Kathy and had the pleasure of seeing and being with him during his Physical Therapy. When I walked into his room he was trying to focus in on me and when I spoke he called me by my name!! He also called Debby by her name..This is FANTASTIC news when you think of the horific accident he was in. While there is still a long road to full recovery I Personally think he is going to recover to at least 98% of who he was before the accident. Do I think he will make it 100% ? YEP,I saw him fighting hard today in PT and I am here to tell you he was walking with a pole(Staff) with only minimum help from behind..he did 95%of the walk himself!! He also was bending over to pickup a ball on the floor then they had him doing it to the right and to the left while making him really strech for the ball. I will also admit tears flowed from both of our eyes when I mentioned to Ponch that there have been over 32000 hits on this site and how many are praying for him....He looked me square in the eye and said "Over 32000 hits ?" " I had no idea so many people cared !" I told him he will be surprised at how many are sending best wishes and the kind words from basically all over the world. He just broke down and cried. Ponch is a fighter and as I say, UNLESS something goes haywire I look for him to be active with us again..maybe not riding but at meets and eats or Maintenance Days. To everyone on this site THANK YOU for the Prayers you have sent and to the ones that may not believe I know your hearts are with him also and I want to Thank all of you too. I know I have rambled alot but I hope I have made some sense in this Update. One more thing, He even asked about my Mom and he told me "I got to go see her before the Accident." Folks that says a lot about Ponches recovery when he could remember that! Keep the prayers coming..I personally believe what I saw today was a miracle and prayers DO WORK!

I am ecstatic to hear of the successful rehab that Dave is going thru, the power of everyones prayers and thoughts is overwhelming. I too look forward to the day when I can see and talk to him in person again, he is just that great of a guy. Please pass along a big hug from me the next time one of you lucky guys get to see him. :bighug:

Tom, many thanks for the up date, he did real good last week while looking at pics, he could name most of the folks in them. Janet and myself are planning on seeing him this Sunday, Janet was sick last week so she didn`t go up there with me, but Dave asked about her and picked her out in pics.. I`m with you, I beleave he will make great strides in getting back to how he was before the accident, him and squid were messing with me last week, so he is getting there. Just gotta keep the Prayers and good thoughts going up and he will make it, he is a fighter and not about to give up, so please no one give up on him.

My wife and I had six kids,,,,, and if one of them asked for a favor or had a special request to go somewhere, mom and dad would listen, discuss it and if it were a good thing to do, we might go along with the request. Now when all six of them got their mom involved and asked dad for a day away,,,,, what choice would dad have!!

Kind of the same with the power of prayer,,, we are the kids and Father listens. Sure is great when the Creator gets involved!!!

Tom, many thanks for the up date, he did real good last week while looking at pics, he could name most of the folks in them. Janet and myself are planning on seeing him this Sunday, Janet was sick last week so she didn`t go up there with me, but Dave asked about her and picked her out in pics.. I`m with you, I beleave he will make great strides in getting back to how he was before the accident, him and squid were messing with me last week, so he is getting there. Just gotta keep the Prayers and good thoughts going up and he will make it, he is a fighter and not about to give up, so please no one give up on him.

Kreg , didnt see your post till after I got back home. I took Deb to her Grannies grave afterwards and when I got home we had logged 495 miles so I am TIRED!! Tomorrow gotta renew My CCL license so I had to get on home. Hope to see you soon though.

no problem Tom, figured you had a long day and would want to get home before the critters got out on the roads. We`ll catch up one of these days, till then, take care and stay safe!

Kreg , didnt see your post till after I got back home. I took Deb to her Grannies grave afterwards and when I got home we had logged 495 miles so I am TIRED!! Tomorrow gotta renew My CCL license so I had to get on home. Hope to see you soon though.

How absolutely wonderful to see he is recovering so well. I'm not sure he would remember the "aussies" but please give him a hug from us when ever you visit.

Annie & Alan

Annie, I guess I forgot that part. When I mentioned the Cody Rally he not only mentioned your name but several others that were there. He remembers better than I do!

Hearing about Ponch's great process always brings a smile. I think of him all the time and look forward to visiting with him again. I tell you what, he just HAS to come to maintenance day so he needs to keep chasing the nurses around until he feels better. I know that he won't be able to ride but hopefully he will feel well enough by then to fly up. It's too early to start it now but I'm thinking that a small fundraiser to buy some airline tickets is in our future. I am also reserving the guest bedroom or the guest house here for them this year.

So...make your plans folks. I hope that we can make Freebird's Maintenance Day a very special one this year. I will be announcing the dates soon.

Hearing about Ponch's great process always brings a smile. I think of him all the time and look forward to visiting with him again. I tell you what, he just HAS to come to maintenance day so he needs to keep chasing the nurses around until he feels better. I know that he won't be able to ride but hopefully he will feel well enough by then to fly up. It's too early to start it now but I'm thinking that a small fundraiser to buy some airline tickets is in our future. I am also reserving the guest bedroom or the guest house here for them this year.

So...make your plans folks. I hope that we can make Freebird's Maintenance Day a very special one this year. I will be announcing the dates soon.

Count me in on the donation, and I WILL make it next year. I had high hopes last June but work got in the way. I will be able to show off Sylvester and the Hannigan sidecar, I hope.

Keep on getting better Ponch.

:farmer:

Awesome news that Ponch is doing so great. Sure there may be a step back now & then but with the leaps and bounds he's made to date I say he's well ahead of the game. Keep working hard Ponch and hope we do get to see you & Kathy at Don's MD.

Best wishes & thoughts for you

Larry

I think that's an excellent idea, I would be more than happy to work on the logistics of making that happen from down here

:thumbsup2:

Bravo Zulu to you Don! Count me in for a donation....and I will do my darnest to make your MD next year too.

Boomer

Count on me Don. Great idea.

Checking on Ponch, sounds like he is in really,really,good hands. Same hands that gives all comfort and help in time of need. Glad to feel as if we all have made a difference, knowing that God is the real reason.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2:

Myself and Janet had a great visit with Dave and Kathy today, he is doing better then last week, they were playing Dominos when we got there, he does pretty good matching the colors and counting the dots, good eye exercise. He knew who we were, called me kregerdoodle, Janet was JanetDoodle, Kathy was Kathydoodle or BossDoodle and he was DavidDoodle or just Dave. we had some laughs and a few tears. He will be moving to a new rehab on Nov.2 , they are really going to be working him hard, 9am till 3pm m/f and feild trips on weekends, this will really help him in getting him ready to go home, Kathy wasn`t sure on visitation, so after he is moved she said she would call and let people know when would be a good time to visit.

Please keep the prayers comming

Myself and Janet had a great visit with Dave and Kathy today, he is doing better then last week, they were playing Dominos when we got there, he does pretty good matching the colors and counting the dots, good eye exercise. He knew who we were, called me kregerdoodle, Janet was JanetDoodle, Kathy was Kathydoodle or BossDoodle and he was DavidDoodle or just Dave. we had some laughs and a few tears. He will be moving to a new rehab on Nov.2 , they are really going to be working him hard, 9am till 3pm m/f and feild trips on weekends, this will really help him in getting him ready to go home, Kathy wasn`t sure on visitation, so after he is moved she said she would call and let people know when would be a good time to visit.

Please keep the prayers comming

Thanks Kreg. So much positive going on it's just great! Prayers will continue.