IGNORED

Thanks to all who attended Maintenace Day

Freebird

Just wanted to offer my sincere thanks to all of you who attended my maintenance day. It was great to see all our old friends and meet some new ones as well. This is something that Eileen and I truly enjoy doing and once again, we enjoyed it immensely. It would have been perfect had it been about 10 degrees cooler. I told you that I would not let it rain but I just can't seem to get the temperature thing down. :)

When the last had left and Eileen and I were sitting on the front porch having a cup of coffee, we both had the feeling that it was WAY to quiet. It's almost like an "empty next" syndrome. She looked at me and said "maybe we should do this twice a year". I was quiet surprised by that remark and don't know that it would be a good idea but I was surprised that she said it. I think though that having it once per year makes it a bit more special. If we ever DO decide to do it twice per year, I'm thinking that the fall one would just be for socializing and NOT for maintenance.

A lot of work got done and if I try to name all that helped with the many projects then I will surely miss some people. V7Goose is always MAJOR help though as well as Squidley, SkyDoc, Monty and so many others. This just couldn't happen without the help of so many of you.

If somebody was there to lend a hand for you and you want to thank them publicly here, please do so.

Again, a big thanks to each and every one of you who made the trip. You folks really touch our hearts and you probably have no idea what a huge part that VentureRider plays in my life. You are all very special people. Some of you are so special that perhaps a bit of medication would help. :)

Angel and I had a great time. Getting there early allowed us to have a little more visiting time with you and Eileen. We can't thank you enough for welcoming all of us to your place for such a great time. We appreciate all of the hard work you two put into this. I too think that having a no-maintenance get-together would allow for more quality visiting time (and maybe have some time to eat some ice cream...lol), but like you, having two events might take away from the significance of the event. Who knows? Whatever you decide, we will plan on being there!

You are family to us, and are welcome at our place anytime.:beer:

I think the thanks needs to go in the other direction!! Don't know how you handle it. And Eileen is a Special Lady to open her house like that. Our THANKS to you for another Great MD!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Edited by Yammer Dan

Alan and I want to thank you for being our hosts, and for getting you out of bed on the night we arrived [oops]

This thing called VR that you have created has become very important "family" in my life...and I am so grateful that you have made it the success that it is!

I think a lot of thanks needs to go to the riders who rode from FAR and near, just to meet other VentureRiders,,,,, and of course Eileen,, but she was a little evasive,,,, kind of like hard to find,,,almost the same as Freebird,,,,, kind of hard to get nailed down,,,,,, they must be ONE OF A KIND.

HEY,,, they are one of a kind,,,,, the best kind!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

What a great day again,, it was super to meet so many great people and to be able to ride B for the first time in my life.

I'm going to do this again,,,, come on 2012!!

Thanks to you and Eileen for hosting this event. I think its the perfect mix of work and play, but then again I'm not wrenching it all day like those mentioned. Thanks to V7Goose and Monty for helping me get some needed tasks accomplished. It was great seeing the Squid again. Oh yes, and finally getting to meet Annie and Al from Australia.

And Annie the VR mascot kept a watch on everything to make sure we all had a good time.

And thanks to Hummingbird for the icecream.

You know how Lonna and I feel about you and Eileen, your my brother and we love both of you to death. THANK YOU for all you do to make all our lives richer, as much as the members here touch you, always remember that you give the same to everyone here. With this website you single handedly enriched peoples lives, we owe the thanks to you my friend.

It was great seeing you again and Thank you once again for your hospitality, we'll see you again soon.

Let me add my thanks to the pile as well (before it gets to big). Don and Eileen as always you have done a fanatastic job. It felt more like a warm family reunion then an MD. It was a great weekend, spent with great people, too many to remember or even getting around to spending more time with. So many people I got to chat with, but so many more I only got to simply say hi to, and wished I had got to spend more time with. In the end my goodbyes were sort of rushed, and for that I appologize, but the group I was riding with were ready to roll and waiting on me.

See you all next year if not sooner

Ben

...it was super to meet so many great people and to be able to ride B for the first time in my life.

I'm going to do this again!!!

Hope I haven't taken the quote out of context... but for those looking for proof.... http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60424

As a first time attendee I had a great time and am looking forward to the next event. Won't be attending Cody but will be going to the NY meet in the fall.

Great group of people !

Hope I haven't taken the quote out of context... but for those looking for proof.... http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60424

As a first time attendee I had a great time and am looking forward to the next event. Won't be attending Cody but will be going to the NY meet in the fall.

Great group of people !

I always kind of wondered about you Carl. ...........guess that ....ah .... sort of answers the question.:banana:

Don and Eileen, thank you both for opening up your home and yard as you did for all us squatters.

Camping there really added to the experience with meeting new people. Unfortunately for me when I met new people I should have wrote their names down, as I met others I forgot the previous names. Not that I wanted to forget, I just haven't been able to develop that skill yet. Just like my lack of skill with motorcycle repairs.

With the help and guidance of GaryN and Relic, I was able to change my rear brake pads. I now feel I can and will flip the pads at oil changes to get an even wear. I will also now be able to assist other members with the process to change the rear pads if they need help.

My low beam blew out on the way back to your house from Quaker Steak Lube on Friday night. V7Goose told me what to do to change it. With the help of the person parked beside me (and this is where I am upset at myself) I believe his name was Steve assisted me and he also worked on installing a rear break light bar from Diamond R.

Then (and again mad at myself) I think his name was Gary rode into the Auto Zone and picked me up a new bulb for which his suggestion was a Silverstar.

It was a great weekend and the spirit of Brotherhood and Family was and is truely there as a result of all the effort you have done with the site.

ps. The outhouse was a terrific idea also.

Thank you Don and Eileen...You guys are the best...:beer:

Thanks Eileen for spending 4 hours talking me into staying the nite..It was worth it to be the last one to leave...:cool10:

It sure was great seeing everybody again...

I will try to bring Shari and the bike next year....:whistling:

Well Don ya know how I feel about you,:whistling: but I enjoyed the weekend anyway.:crackup: Actually this is one event most of us would never miss. Once you go to MD you always try to get back.

As always we'll be looking forward to being there next year.

Your Little

PITA

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

First and foremost...to Don and Eileen. I know a little about what it takes to host an event...but NOTHING this size. I don't even want to go there...

But to everyone else who helped work on bikes (and other oddities..) a big thank you! Especially in the heat.

And to Hummingbird for the Ice Cream! It was absolutely delicious! I have to say it was better than DQ!!

I think another one to thank is eusa1 for DONATING a diamond cut set of jugs to the raffle. And the others who donated items also...Carbon One and Aussie Annie come to mind. Not sure who else donated gifts??? (Just a mention here...would be nice to have a little more "girl" gifts tho...just saying...)

I have to thank all the ladies that showed up too! Every year I meet more and more of the girls...those wonderful ladies "behind" you guys here on the site. I didn't even get to talk to all of you. I missed Rose (wife of Dano). Sorry! But did enjoy meeting some very nice new ones...You girls are great for coming and spending the day here. The first year I came to this with Don, about the only ones I remember are Yama Mama and Mini, Lonna and Sleeperhawk's Mechanic. I am sure there were more, but they made me feel very welcome, along with Eileen of course.

As for a 2nd meet at Freebird's maybe in the fall..you KNOW it would not be just a "visit"...SOMEONE would need a little something done to their bike and the next thing you know...it's another MD...in the FALL...LOLOLOL! You guys just can NOT get together without someone doing something to someone's bike.

Don and I had a great time and can't wait for another one...whenever it will be. This is the best group I have ever met!

Patti

I said it before but it can't be said enough -

THANK YOU Don and Eileen for for this spectacular event. I know it's called Maintenance day, however it could just as easy be called meet your brother and sister day.

This is after all a family gathering -

Thanks Again !!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks to Eileen, Don, Dylan, Annie and Gracie, too. It was a wonderful time for sure. Everything was wonderful. I look forward to this every year.

I hope all those you took photos post them so we can all share the experience.

For those who did not come to the MD this year, please try to put it in your plans for next year.

Meeting Annie and Alan was wonderful. Poor Annie is so shy, though I know it was very hard for her having to meet all those people.

She held up rather well though.

Thank you again.

Yama Mama and Moped

I would like to thank Don (Freebird) for trying to match the cb to the ant. We ran into a little problem, but that happens on an old 86 VR. Sure do appreciate the effort. I'll have the problem fixed for next year for sure so we can get it done. Thanks for having all of us again this year. The two of you are very special people.

I want to thank everyone that was there as this is what makes the event. Thanks Don and Eileen for opening your place for us all to meet. I want to thank Brad T and Rhonda for pushing us to come as we were not going to go and leading the way down and to Swifty whom lead the way back on a apparently broken bike that cruises at 75-80mph (no problem) . Thanks Gary N for help with my rear brakes as well. Met lot's of new friends and saw some old friends. What a great family Ventureriders is.

Thank you Don and Eileen for opening up your home for us. I think these Maintenance days are getting better every year! :thumbsup2:

Thanks Brad for syncing my carbs. Always great seeing you and Lonna. And thanks to Kent for adjusting my steering head bearings. I learned alot just hanging out and observing while all the maintenance was being done.

I'll see you all next year!

Bob

Sounds like it was another big hit. Wish I could have made it but a complete rupture of my rotator cuff in my left shoulder would not let me do that long of a ride. Short rides are allrite. I'm glad it turned out good for everybody. I'll try to make it next year.

I have to add my thanks as well for another great adventure...Thank you Don and Eileen. Taters and myself had a wonderful time again as usual being able to see some old friends again and to be able to make some new ones.....WOW ! So many people to meet. I wish I would have had more time to meet everyone, maybe next year... ps..pink really is your color !!!!:whistling: you are so easy:rotf::rotf: