IGNORED

I did it, bought a 2nd

Marcarl

Well its not two tone burgandy but it is a MKII so I guess it will do.:confused24:

Looks good Carl. Probably not all that much wrong with it that some fresh gas and good carb RE & RE & cleaning wouldn't cure and a set of fresh diaphrams (wait you already have those):thumbsup2:

P/S you being DUTCH how much did you convince them to pay you to get it out of their way.:witch_brew:

Does this mean Marca will be leading the pack now come next season? :15_9_28[1]::bikersmilie:

And no more U turns ? :dancefool:

Awh,,, come on,, you guys are taking all the fun out it.

What I will need is a set of crash bars for an 86, the ones on this one look a little used, maybe a little over used.

Plastic looks good, real good, it runs on most of the 4 cylinders it came with, back brake won't wear out in it's present condition, won't need to do oil changes seeing as the valve covers are leaking enough to keep the oil fresh,(also helps to keep the bugs away) probably will need to test out my new diaphragms, front end will need to come apart, swing arm will need attention so might as well look at the rear wheel as well. Won't have any problems with the Class, CB, or intercom seeing as I can't find them anywhere.

I already practiced a u-turn and it works just fine, now to see if my neighbour will let me drive across his lawn just to see if it will do cow pastures.

Awh,,, come on,, you guys are taking all the fun out it.

What I will need is a set of crash bars for an 86, the ones on this one look a little used, maybe a little over used.

Plastic looks good, real good, it runs on most of the 4 cylinders it came with, back brake won't wear out in it's present condition, won't need to do oil changes seeing as the valve covers are leaking enough to keep the oil fresh,(also helps to keep the bugs away) probably will need to test out my new diaphragms, front end will need to come apart, swing arm will need attention so might as well look at the rear wheel as well. Won't have any problems with the Class, CB, or intercom seeing as I can't find them anywhere.

I already practiced a u-turn and it works just fine, now to see if my neighbour will let me drive across his lawn just to see if it will do cow pastures.

Good plastic and a straight frame is most of it :)

The rest is just "wrenchin'", and that's the fun bit anyway.

As for the electronics ... I removed all mine except the CLASS. I am using that but if I could afford a Progressive rear shock, that would go too.

If you mean the blue one... she's sporting a different fairing color than available that year... unless it's a Canadian unit or...?

Won't have any problems with the Class, CB, or intercom seeing as I can't find them anywhere.

Thats the same color combo BradT had with his 1st Venture. It was a Canadian issued color and didn't sell in the states.

It also sounds like its the one of the last made standards. If I'm not mistaken all of the US based MKII's starting in '86 were royals with all the bells and whistles.

Thats the same color combo BradT had with his 1st Venture. It was a Canadian issued color and didn't sell in the states.

It also sounds like its the one of the last made standards. If I'm not mistaken all of the US based MKII's starting in '86 were royals with all the bells and whistles.

Nope!

I have an '88 California Standard.

How many miles Carl. I sold mine with 84k. Does it have a hunged marine plastic cover, which is protecting an aftermarket CD player ?

Brad

The paint on this one is pretty,,,, it's got 85k km on it and no CD player,, not even a radio or an antenna. Should be a lot quieter as well with no intercom.

1st gen,,,, nice looking 86 with absolutely no bling, don't even know if it runs yet. Guess I have something to do this winter, unless somebody wants it more than me.

We have " faith in you " it shall motor on down the road's sooner or later !!! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

it's got 85k km on it and no CD player,, not even a radio or an antenna. .

Could it be, my old one.:think: I sold it to a local guy who just had surgery on his wrist and was not able to drive it. I drove it to his house and parked in his garage.

Brad

I have a great looking set of 86 engine guards off of my bike I'm parting out w/ new keryaken (sp?) Highway pegs & stirrups still attached. PM me & I can email you pictures.

Doug

Would be interested in the pictures, but I bought this scoot to resell, so have to price everything out first. It's going to need some serious cleaning, maybe brakes and clutch and some front end work. I don't mind sticking some money in it, but I don't want to go over board, so although engine guards are important, they might be last on the list.

cnorg@silomail.com

Thats interesting to know, I have never heard of anything past an '87 (Canadian Model)

:thumbsup2:

While it is an '88 model year, the manufacture date is in October of '87. Maybe it was from leftover parts at the end of the '87 model year. Or even just a re-badged '87 that didn't get shipped in time to be an '87.:confused24: All I know is that the VIN plate and my title both say it is an '88, and it has no class, no radio, no intercom, no CB,and all of the badges just say Venture no Royal. :big-grin-emoticon:

It does have the vapor canisters and emissions crap for California which is why I think it is a California model. This part is per Sky_Doc while he was cussing out the canister and extra hoses while helping me with some carb work.

• 3 months later...