IGNORED

Let the abuse begin

bull463

Hi All

Ive been trying to what on this. But I have to tell all of you. As some of you know Ive been looking for a new bike for some time now not brand new just newer. Well some of you may recall Christy and I showed up at Big Toms rally on my brother in laws 2002 goldwing. I took some ribbing about it well get set to do it again. I now own a 1988 goldwing there I said it yes a goldwing. Christy and I had a long talk about this and we are just more comfortble on the wing. I still like the venture but this was a great deal so it was hard to pass up. I got the wing for 2000.00 dollars and it needed to to be cleaned up very dirty really dirty. But the rest of the bike ran fine and evrything worked like it was new. As soon as I get it cleaned up Ill put some pics up. I hope Big Tom lets me ride out to ohio with him this year.

Bull463

Congratulations on your new ride. You will not be sorry, the Wing is a great bike and the numbers of Wing riders on this site are growing leaps and bounds.

After all the ribbing and joking, you will continue to find VentureRider members a class-act, and we are accepted...regardless of the decals on the bike.

Hi All

Ive been trying to what on this. But I have to tell all of you. As some of you know Ive been looking for a new bike for some time now not brand new just newer. Well some of you may recall Christy and I showed up at Big Toms rally on my brother in laws 2002 goldwing. I took some ribbing about it well get set to do it again. I now own a 1988 goldwing there I said it yes a goldwing. Christy and I had a long talk about this and we are just more comfortble on the wing. I still like the venture but this was a great deal so it was hard to pass up. I got the wing for 2000.00 dollars and it needed to to be cleaned up very dirty really dirty. But the rest of the bike ran fine and evrything worked like it was new. As soon as I get it cleaned up Ill put some pics up. I hope Big Tom lets me ride out to ohio with him this year.

Bull463

Congratulations, Bull. I had a 1500 wing for 6 years, did all maintenance myself. Got to know her pretty good. If you have any questions or issues let me know and I'll help all I can.

Loved the Old 94, she was almost like family. You'll love yours too!!

Joe

Yah! It took Honda to make a 1500 before it could keep up with a Venture! I'm slightly surprised she found the Wing more comfortable than the Venture but then again mine has the trunk moved back 6 inches, has armrests, and passenger floorboards. Overall I like the riding position of my 2nd gen a little better than the 1st gen even though I added floorboards to Goldie as well. The one thing I don't like about the 2nd gen is it seems a tad wide for me.

I'd like to swing a leg over that wing next summer, not necessarily to ride but to see how comfy it feels! I've always been a fan of Wings. I would have loved a Valkyrie too but the Venture was the first good deal I came across when it came time to replace my old Honda CX650 Custom. I fell in love with the Venture waaaaay back in the 80's when they first came out...

And I was just about to call you and offer my 99 RSV to you, for $1500.00... Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep it.:dancefool:darn the bad luck.

congrats on the new ride...just hope you can keep up to us Venture riders.

just kidding about the $1500.00 thing. So no pm's from the rest of you vultures. If you want it, you will have to pay premium price.

don't see why you expect abuse, sympathy maybe but not abuse. That said i own a Venture and a goldwing and a fjr, and a venture royale they are all different bikes and serve different purposes for me. the goldwing is great for pulling a trailer, the Venture is great for long distNCE RIDES, THE fJR gets the blood flowing, the Royale gets my hands dirty. The thing is you get out and ride on what dosen't matter. Almost bought another Rupp mini bike the other day, but the rear sproket was just as toothless as some of us gummers here.

Al :backinmyday:

don't see why you expect abuse, sympathy maybe but not abuse. That said i own a Venture and a goldwing and a fjr, and a venture royale they are all different bikes and serve different purposes for me. the goldwing is great for pulling a trailer, the Venture is great for long distNCE RIDES, THE fJR gets the blood flowing, the Royale gets my hands dirty. The thing is you get out and ride on what dosen't matter. Almost bought another Rupp mini bike the other day, but the rear sproket was just as toothless as some of us gummers here.

Al :backinmyday:

Hey! I resemble that!!

Abused? You get use to it. I get abused all the time so now it feels normal. In fact at our Leakey M&E I had to ride in a Clown Suit. All kidding aside once you fit it to YOU, you will never look back. Congratulations.