IGNORED

Quarantined

Freebird

Well it finally happened, after avoiding it all this time, I have finally been struck by Covid.  I really don't feel all that bad and the only reason that I even went to the doctor is because I try to exercise an abundance of caution because I am in the homes of the elderly all the time with the stairlift business.  I was tested last night and they called this morning to say that I tested positive.  So, looks like I'm quantized for the next few days.  Here's the part that ticks me off.  I had to call and canner an install for tomorrow and a service call and sales call on Friday.  When I called ro cancel the sales call, the daughter told me "OH, it really doesn/t matter because mom has covid too".  DUH...don't you think that she could have told me that yesterday when she called to schedule the appointment.  

• Sad 3

Hello Mr Freebird

Sorry you caught that bug just wanted to say hang in there you might feel worse before it's over I've been sick 5 times since it started 4 of them tested positive and the fifth time I didn't bother getting tested I feel like I've done a prison sentence of all the time in quarantine get well soon

• Like 1

People are all over the map with this, from NO symptoms to very serious.    You seem a pretty healthy fella.   I'm betting you'll get through it just fine.   Praying for a good outcome for you.

I had it twice, was no big deal.

I (79) took 3 Pfizer shots and got covid last Jan 2.  I woke up with a bad cough and fever set in later that day.  I took ivermectin.  The next day my fever was high and I felt terrible.  I took another ivermectin.  The 3rd day the fever had subsided a little and I was feeling better.   The 4th day the fever was gone and I felt almost normal again.  The cough lasted about 3 weeks and my sense of smell gradually came back still not quite back to normal.  My wife (63) who refused the shots caught it from me Jan 3.  Her symptoms were similar to mine but her cough wasn't as bad.  First time for both of us.  

21 hours ago, Freebird said:

Well it finally happened, after avoiding it all this time, I have finally been struck by Covid.  I really don't feel all that bad and the only reason that I even went to the doctor is because I try to exercise an abundance of caution because I am in the homes of the elderly all the time with the stairlift business.  I was tested last night and they called this morning to say that I tested positive.  So, looks like I'm quantized for the next few days.  Here's the part that ticks me off.  I had to call and canner an install for tomorrow and a service call and sales call on Friday.  When I called ro cancel the sales call, the daughter told me "OH, it really doesn/t matter because mom has covid too".  DUH...don't you think that she could have told me that yesterday when she called to schedule the appointment.  

Take the test again. 50% accuracy rate. I actually have a friend that was preparing for a cruise and tested Positive. Went to a different testing station and tested negative. He was told by his Dr to come in and take a 3rd test. They administered 2 tests at his Dr's office. On in each nostril.  Lo and behold, 1 positive and one negative. I won't give the rest of my opinion as I'd probably get banned LOL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marcarl said:

Some people have relegated it to be nothing worse than the common cold. Somehow I don't think so, but going by what the media reports about it lately, maybe there is some truth to that thought. Could be, herd immunity, has set in?

Medical friends have called it a worst-case condition of the flu... definitely more than the common cold, but media reports a "sensationalized" version for ratings.   

7 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Some people have relegated it to be nothing worse than the common cold. Somehow I don't think so, but going by what the media reports about it lately, maybe there is some truth to that thought. Could be, herd immunity, has set in?

I have 0 faith in media, on either side of the spectrum. They will lie to meet their agenda - Sorry not tell the whole truth.  They have spent the last 30 years changing the reference from Jounalist to Media. We have very few Jounalists anymore and the ones that do exist are stifled by their superiors or editors. 

Just an update.  I'm doing fine.  My symptoms have been fairly minor.  Thee hardest part for me has been staying home and resting.  If not for the concern of giving this to one of my customers, I feel that I could have worked right through it.  It's been about 5 days now since my symptoms started and I feel pretty darn good.  I expect that I'll bee  back to normal by Monday and back to work.   I feel very fortunate.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1