IGNORED

#2 = Bluesky suggested it and I couldn't resist = POLL ABOUT NEW VENTURE INSIDE!!!!

cowpuc

I believe the new bike that Mom Yam is unveiling on 5 June will be a:  

60 members have voted

1. 1. I believe the new bike that Mom Yam is unveiling on 5 June will be a:

• good ol V-Twin maxed out with all the goodies.. It's the ONLY option that makes logical sense!
    • V-4 or more. Possibly the 1700cc Vmax motor = LOGIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT IMHO!!
    • nuther big joke by Mom Yam.. Probably nothing more than a good party at Lake George..

I'm thinking liquid cooled v twin. Full blown dresser with lots of options... Or tons of standard equipment, including stuff no one else has.

If the v twin is as well engineered as our beloved v4, it will be a no brainier. But a v4 would be sweet...for sure.

What I believe and what I want are two different things.

I believe it will be a V twin.

I want, wish and hope it will be the V4 from the V-Max.

And I would not rule out it being ANOTHER hoax.

I am with you Flyinfool!

Wanting and getting don't always come true.

It will probably be a Twin with bags and few other options. Mamma Yamaha has let us down too many times to be optimistic.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

But sure hope We are WRONG Jeff!!

My thoughts is V-Twin. They already have a big inch one they can put in it. Hopefully would have useful sized bags, so low pipes. A frame mounted fairing would be a plus. What if it had a pair of those oval pistons that Honda tried back in the 70's or 80's in thier GP bikes? Would that qualify as a V-4? Puc probably knows which one I talkin about.

I'm with FF on this. When it comes to touring, smooth matters a lot. Do the math, the V-Max with fuel injection would totally rock because having two V-Twins just has to be twice as good.

What I would like and what I get are usually two different things.

What I would like....V4 or even V6. Lighter, lower center of gravity. full instrumentation, full faring, performance cruiser.

What I think we will see........nothing

What we might see.......water cooled V twin, limited instrumentation, full faring cruiser.

There are a lot more dreamers than I thought.

If Yamaha puts a 1700cc V4 in this new touring bike, everybody will pay attention. The bike magazine editors will go nuts over it. It will be in the class of the 1800cc flat 6 Goldwing or the 1600cc I6 BMW! If they put a V-twin in it, most riders and bike mag editors will yawn and won't be excited. How successful has the Kawasaki Voyager been? Yawn. I'm sure it's a nice bike but what about it is outstanding? The price maybe compared to a Hardley?

Maybe they can redesign it between now and the 5th?

We will get what they want to give and nothing more because they don't care about the touring group. And yes I did say that out loud.

I'll be looking for a trike, or luxury car real soon. Ya know like a Yugo! LOL

:stirthepot::stirthepot:I still think Mom Yam has been watching/reading our lists of what we REALLY want to see and she is about to show the world she HAS been listening!! I smell a GORGEOUS fixed fairing, 1700cc Vmax motored, fuel injected Intercontinental Touring machine that will CTFW till the cows come home!!!

I belief in you Mom Yam - always have - my backside is permanently shaped like a MK1 saddle to proof it!!!! COME ON 5 JUNE = come to the Puckster,, bring it home son:thumbsup::thumbsup::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::bikersmilie:!!

My thoughts is V-Twin. They already have a big inch one they can put in it. Hopefully would have useful sized bags, so low pipes. A frame mounted fairing would be a plus. What if it had a pair of those oval pistons that Honda tried back in the 70's or 80's in thier GP bikes? Would that qualify as a V-4? Puc probably knows which one I talkin about.

My bad @djh3 - I TOTALLY missed your comment here!! Indeed brother - that motor design was wayyyyy cool!! Thinking it was 80's stuff if its the one I am thinking of.. Those pistons were actually kind of like two pistons molded together to form an oval shaped single piston = really trick!! If I recall, Honda had to use dual rods to support each piston and I am sure the crank was extremely special too - sort made me think of a V-4 with a V-8 at its soul (counting the rods)..

Been having allllll kinds of fun with my latest bucket list scoot = R1 Yam... AMAZING bike Deej!! Only bring it up cause I have a hunch that Piston/Rod mass on that Honda had to be a limiting factor for high speed revs (more weight at each stroke, size is harder to rev up without coming unglued.. Maybe I am wrong but, if we are both thinking the same Honda design here = just an aweful lot going on there for a high revver IMHO = wayyyyy worth a shot though, gotta love those HRC fellers!!

Yea probably Puc. Marvelous design, didnt work so great though. Kind of like the Rotary motors at first. Boo Koo power just no longevity due to seals. The Honda GP bike with that motor was like maybe 2yr. Got their butts kicked and they went back to inline 4.