IGNORED

To our members in law enforcement

Freebird

Thank you for what you do. I'm going to be completely honest here. There are some arrogant jerks wearing those badges and I despise them. It is my opinion that our good law enforcement personnel are some of the most underpaid people in society. They deserve much more than we pay them and our total respect and gratitude. There are also a few that think strapping on that badge and gun make them some type of God. They are arrogant and should not be allowed to continue in their chosen profession. Those are the most OVERPAID people in our society. There are some cowards and some bullies hiding behind those badges and I sincerely hope that you good officers do what you can to get them out of those uniforms so that they don't bring undue criticism to the majority of you who are working hard to do the right things.

It is my opinion though that those bad apples are the exception and not the rule. I have run into a couple of them during my lifetime and it is always my hope that they get weeded out by those of you who are so deserving of our respect.

That being said, those of you that I have met through this club seem to fall into that group that deserves our respect. I want to thank you for all that you do to protect those who are unable to protect themselves. If I'm ever in a situation where I see that you need my assistance, you will get it.

I hope that all our fine VentureRider members will join me in thanking you for your service. In light of all that is happening in our great nation at this time, I feel that you need to be told how much you are appreciated.

In the 56 byears that I've been a legal licensed driver I have yet to run into one of the "other" leo's. Every time I have an incident, it was my fault and I readily admitted it to them. Long story short - I was speeding, got caught, my drivers license had been expired for nearly a year ( I wasn't aware), i wasn't drinking, he sent me home without a ticket, warned me to take off work the next day and get things right. Guess what I did - missing a days work was a lot cheaper than getting car out of impound and paying a speeding ticket and whatever else he could have thrown at me.

Bottom line, I have nothing but respect for our leo's

You about nailed it Don. Some good ones out there and some that shouldn't be allowed in uniform!! Politics don't belong in that uniform. Sheriffs are elected officals. I find most State Troopers and City cops to be outstanding folks. And there are some in Sheriff's Departments. I'll quit there before I give away too much of my opinion.

You learn a lot about your local leos when you have friends and or family on the force. In my case I have both. Sadly it's the family I have on the force that aren't worthy of the badge. The couple who adopted our youngest son were friends of ours before the adoption and still are now. He works on the force and is a reservist. She stays at home to make sure our son is well cared for. He is a great leo and someone we are glad to know. I hate him being on the streets in one of the most dangerous cities in the south, but it's his chosen profession.

Thanks Don!

I have immediate family who are LEO, friends who are Florida state troopers, and I myself was close to becoming a LEO. They will always have my respect and admiration. Of course there are bad apples, but by and large they are doing a job many refuse to do. If any current or retired LEO ever needs my assistance from a Gatorade to a place to stay to having to defend his life, I'll be there helping...

In the 56 byears that I've been a legal licensed driver I have yet to run into one of the "other" leo's. Every time I have an incident, it was my fault and I readily admitted it to them. Long story short - I was speeding, got caught, my drivers license had been expired for nearly a year ( I wasn't aware), i wasn't drinking, he sent me home without a ticket, warned me to take off work the next day and get things right. Guess what I did - missing a days work was a lot cheaper than getting car out of impound and paying a speeding ticket and whatever else he could have thrown at me.

Bottom line, I have nothing but respect for our leo's

Yep, here's what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Coming up on a busy intersection, I filtered to the front & waited for the green light. A guy in an Infiniti G35 on my left inches forward like he wants to race. He's maybe 4" from my left grip & stomps on it as soon as the light turns green. This really frosted me because he was so close & I thought it was a risky maneuver. At that point my right wrist wouldn't let it go (stupid wrist). I fly around him & end up doing 90 before I let it coast back to 55 (speed limit). I see a car coming up on me thinking it's the G35, but Noooooo... it's a LEO. Lights got real pretty & all I could think of was, "My wife is gonna be livid." The cop asked me if I were in a hurry. I just said, "No. I just did a really stupid thing." I explained why I did the stupid thing. He asked, "Didn't you see me at the intersection?" I said, "Uh, I guess not." He then explained how he could impound my bike & imprison me & said he had to be off to some other problem, so, "I'm going to let you go, but slow it down." Thank you, thank you, thank you. He certainly wasn't friendly (understandable), but I was certainly appreciative.

I usually give a wave to all LEO's just like I do Harley riders. I sometimes get a wave back, just like from Harley riders. :biker:

Randy

Same here, Randy.

In all my years of driving throughout this great country, I have only run into a handful of bad apples. This span of time covers 48 years and a dozen states. My prayer is that the majority of LEO do not bend to this very well planned attempt to further erode the foundations of our country. Not only will there be pressure from below on our streets, but also from the politics above. I wish to thank all LEO's all around our country for standing firm in the face of the outright attacks coming against them. My prayers are with you and my heartfelt thanks! Yes, the bad apples need to be removed and not allowed a gun or a badge. And remember to stand with integrity and above all, keep the faith!

Chaplain Dusty :325: :biker: