IGNORED

RainX

ReinyRooster

National Cycle makes a product called "Rain Zip" that is for the acrylic windshields. Works pretty good on my 1st gen at highway speed, but no so much below 40mph or so. I also use it on the face shield - stick my face up in the wind to blow the droplets off.

i

Ihave used Rain X for many years and i think the most of the people who say not to use it just say it from what they have read from other people. i have never had a windshield yellow or distort using it and i put it on weekly for years i think the people that leave the bike out in the sun a lot attribute the yellowing to the rain x when it is there negligence to leaving the bike out in the sun. i have used it on a couple of different windshields for years and had no effect but they were kept in a garage if you keep the bike outside then you get yellow without rain x.

RainX now makes Rain‑X® Plastic Water Repellent which they say is safe for all plastics. www.rainx.com/product/plastic-water-repellent/rain-x-plastic-water-repellent/

Thomas

Edited by Midicat
added link

I like Liquid Glass wax. I use it on my auto windshields as well. Makes rain roll right off and bugs clean off a lot easier.

I have used RainX on my F4 windshield with good results but I just starting using Turtle Wax ICE which is comparable to Liquid Glass and it is the best Rain/Bug release I have ever used, car or bike. Crystal clear and no streaks.

Late bloomer here... Better late than never I spose,,,, maybe -- maybe not.. :big-grin-emoticon:

I have used just regular Rain-X for years, stuff has always worked great on my 83/84's BUT, and I gotta big but,,, I also use Plast-x to clean my shields. The shield on Tweeks (original) lost its thin protective coating many many moon ago and I keep it alive and it pretty good shape with Plast-x - usually apply Rain-x after every cleaning.. Not sure if Rain-X would affect that thin coating or not but it has never had an ill affect on just the Plexi glass underneath.. Personally I LOVE Rain-x cause when its raining hard I like to jump on the ick-spressway - run a little faster than normal = stay dry and the rain just flys off so I can see where da heck I am going!! :bikersmilie:

Thinking about the whole sun beating on the shield and causing issues, never noticed anything bad from sunshine.. Maybe its cause when its perfect riding, like out across the desert, I ride a lot with my eye closed, :draming: with Tweeks on auto pilot so I probably wouldnt notice even if the Rain-x did something wrong in the :225:..

Rain X causes warts on frogs !! It should only be used when riding in the desert, you don't want to harm our amphibian friends do you?

I kissed a frog once expecting him to turn into a gorgeous princess, didnt get a princess (until I met Tip, that scene had nothing to do with frogs though) but did end up with a great big wart on my lip.. Never knew Rain-X caused warts on Frogs Raggy, thanks to you I will double my usage of it and start storing my Rain-X in the fridge = revenge is best served cold :big-grin-emoticon:,, look out Mr. Frog - paybacks are :stickpoke:....

I kissed a frog once expecting him to turn into a gorgeous princess, didnt get a princess (until I met Tip, that scene had nothing to do with frogs though) but did end up with a great big wart on my lip.. Never knew Rain-X caused warts on Frogs Raggy, thanks to you I will double my usage of it and start storing my Rain-X in the fridge = revenge is best served cold :big-grin-emoticon:,, look out Mr. Frog - paybacks are :stickpoke:....

Was your frog named Caytlin by any chance? You did say he became a she! :doh: