IGNORED

A Message From a Cage Driver

SilvrT

We live in difficult days..

I have often thought that it was to bad our city planners didnt have more forethought about how important of a role the motorcycle could have played in just conjestion control. If we could have had our own road right of ways - bikes only - with slightly faster speeds as a reward for more effeciency (stuff like that) the whole "bikes are toys" idea would not even exist.. Fact is,, I have traveled highly conjested area's of North America (LA, SAC, NYC, Jersey, Dallas, Chicago, St. Paul, Seattle) on a bike during rush hour and can tell you first hand - this guy is talking serious stuff here - he aint kidding around.. Its a battle ground out there and a guy a bike means nothing to some people..

I'm just hoping this is just one out of thousands (millions) of "normal" drivers we see every day on the road. People that see other people as PEOPLE, fellow neighbors... not somebody they would "run over", as he said.

Honestly, this guy actually sounds like a bag of wind. Just an empty talk. He might be annoyed by some biker and that's how he blow a steam. A crazy person that would run another human being over by a car would not vent online, on Facebook....

Just another low-life (no-life).... Another reason for not having a facebook...IMHO

I guess I could take up the same attitude for him and his S-10 pick up next time I'm in my big ole Dodge 3/4 Diesel. If your holding me up I'll down shift and get thru it. LOL

What you want to bet his wife won't let have a motorcycle so instead he drives a Big-A** truck lifted so high he looses oxygen when he climbs in.

He is the type that darts in and out of lanes so he can be the first to stop and the next red light

What a DIP STICK.

True-words-of-wisdom.jpg

:bang head: A link to his facebook page would be nice, I'd have a few choice words for him, as well, a few million more of us would too. Someone takes aim at me with bad intent I WILL take aim at them in return and I bet my last dollar that my metal projectile is faster than theirs. :mad:

Somebody posted this on facebook. I cleaned it up a bit.

I believe this to be generic feelings of many cage drivers out there. The last two lines being the most important.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99181[/ATTACH]

I'm sure there are many out there who think people on bikes are a lower life form, but when I see posts like his I automatically smell "TROLL". Instead of having a decent hobby they throw garbage/gibberish out in cyberspace to watch the fallout. Hope he crosses a 1%er some day. They were made for each other.

bet he works for a fast food chain? not that there is a problem with that. never been on a motorcycle. thank god that he don't have one.

most likely drives a yugo.

his mom and dad never gave him enough attention when he was growing up.

I could go on on and on but well I think I said enough.

I notice he didn't have the cajones to sign his rant....

I removed reference to who he is. It was a picture that somebody posted so who knows if the person listed on it actually posted the message or if somebody made it up to look like he did.

Yes, people are "too busy" to pay attention to their driving to watch out for... anything really. lets face it, ANYONE can get a drives license. the "undocumented immigrants" from mexico can go down to DMV and show them some/any form from mexico and get a drivers license???? they get in an accident, have no insurance, have no money, nothing can be done about it. I am looking at an 83 venture, the rider said a "kid" pulled out in front of him, running a stop sign and took off. someone chased the kid down,, calling the cops on the way and the ONLY THING THE KID GOT WAS A RUNNING THE STOP SIGN TICKET??? not fleeing an accident scene, causing an accident as kid SAID, "I didn't see him"

the guy wants another motorcycle, but his wife.... understandably, said NO!!! following distance people, it is a BLOCK IN TOWN and a MILE ON THE HIGHWAY; look TWICE (read: 3x) at intersections before going, WAIT 2 seconds and LOOOOOOK both ways when the light turns GREEN as EVERYONE RUNS RED LIGHTS. if u find yourself running a PINK light... SOUND and RIDE THE HORN until u are through the light. get rid of that "party horn" on your bike and get REAL HORNS!!! even 2- $12 china/HK/ E bay snail horns are a DEFINATE improvement over the toy horns that bikes come with.

AIR HORNS or FREEWAY BLASTERS (run through a relay with hot wire to the battery)??? wear SAFETY YELLOW/GREEN vest, ride to be seen, expect the unexpected, ride like we are invisible, cover the brake at intersections, Left turners are ... MURDER!!!. some 72 yr old did it here a month ago, he got a 32 year old 72yr old turned left in front of 32 yr old on bike. guy on bike was doing about 45 in a 35...but most people do... if they can get away with it. Seen HD rider with BLACK JACKET and a taillight the size of a $0.50 piece... in a town full of retirees? ok, its your life HD.

and yes, most people DO NOT CARE/ TOO BUSY with... cell phone/kids/work/something on their mind/ cant drive/cannot see/old/cataracts.... talked to a guy who ran a bike shop, said his first accident was with someone that looked right at him...and pulled out in front of him anyway=broken leg.

I looked up a statistics on motorbike accidents... they started going through the roof... about the time... cell phones became more affordable... the more affordable they came, the more people had them... the more the motorcycle accidents went UP, UP, UP. Coincidence? maybe? and then there are people that ... cant drive to begin with and get on a bike, don't take training class, don't read books, too immature to deal with a machine, drink, ride angry, ride above their skill levels....

my drivers license test at DMV was 25 multiple guess questions on the computer and ride the bike, literally, around the block. a few years ago, it was just answer the 25 questions on the computer, a person could read the...~3-4 pages of the DMV manual for motorcycles while waiting at DMV to do their Bizness and take the motorcycle test and ... get a motorcycle endorsement. that is not much for "motorcycle riding training"

I drove truck for a while, I loved it when people would pass me on a divided 4 lane highway and after passing me would IMMEDIATELY pull back over into MY LANE 50' in front of me... it takes AT LEAST 600'+ to stop a BIG TRUCK at 60mph IF THE DRIVER IS PAYING ATTENTION AND EVERYTHING IS JUST RIGHT... we are the only 2 people on the road, why are u right next to me for more than 1 second to BLOW BY ME and get AT LEAST 200+++ feet ahead of me before pulling over back into "my lane?" Cruise control will forgive you if u override it by mashing down on the gas pedal and BLOW BY me and get WAY IN FRONT OF ME before pulling back over in front of me. Some/many truck drivers "cook the books" (only "supposed" to LEGALLY drive 10 hours a day; OH PLEASE, do that, wont have the job for more than a couple of months as trucking companies want/LOVE/EXPECT drivers to "RUN" (illegally/"cooking the books" Enron, MCI-WorldCom, AT&T-Worldnet...)... if that means 24 hours of driving, so be it, think about that the next time u are day gazing and taking 30 mins to pass a big truck/anyone on the highway, did that driver sleep last night... or the night before. I think "back in the day" they "RAN" 36 hours regularly, some probably still do) the shoe is on the other foot now.

simple physics, something 80,000#'s hits something 4,500#'s...it is not going to be good, that is POTENTIAL ENERGY, KINETIC ENERGY (energy in motion) is... 3-4x that much energy? Energy in motion. Be safe out there. Happy Motoring, Exxon's Motto. #1 Corp in the US, WM #2 , but #1 Employer

Meh, just more internet white noise as far as I'm concerned.

I assume nothing and watch everything when I ride.

Been serving me well for 36 years now.Not one accident.

People like that can go on about their business as far as I'm concerned. I'll keep seeing them and giving them a wide berth. They either end up on the side of the road trying to talk nice to the oficer or in a flaming twisted steel wreck.

No skin off my bee-hind either way....

I'll bet there are a few MC clubs that would love to have a few members follow this gut to his place of work and "discuss" his attitude in the parking lot, in full view of his co-workers.

Maybe they already did and that explains his outlook on motorcycles?

BTW, I purchased my Venture primarily for the 55 mile ride to work. I don't do the weekend bar hopping like so many of my fellow riders around here. I do not consider my ride a recreational vehicle.

I hope that guy will not be offended at all if I drive my truck over the top of his car, after all I am bigger than him so he should be watching out for and getting out of my way. And if he should get hurt, that his fault for buying a car smaller than my truck .......

Yes, people are "too busy" to pay attention to their driving to watch out for... anything really. lets face it, ANYONE can get a drives license. the "undocumented immigrants" from mexico can go down to DMV and show them some/any form from mexico and get a drivers license???? they get in an accident, have no insurance, have no money, nothing can be done about it. I am looking at an 83 venture, the rider said a "kid" pulled out in front of him, running a stop sign and took off. someone chased the kid down,, calling the cops on the way and the ONLY THING THE KID GOT WAS A RUNNING THE STOP SIGN TICKET??? not fleeing an accident scene, causing an accident as kid SAID, "I didn't see him"

the guy wants another motorcycle, but his wife.... understandably, said NO!!! following distance people, it is a BLOCK IN TOWN and a MILE ON THE HIGHWAY; look TWICE (read: 3x) at intersections before going, WAIT 2 seconds and LOOOOOOK both ways when the light turns GREEN as EVERYONE RUNS RED LIGHTS. if u find yourself running a PINK light... SOUND and RIDE THE HORN until u are through the light. get rid of that "party horn" on your bike and get REAL HORNS!!! even 2- $12 china/HK/ E bay snail horns are a DEFINATE improvement over the toy horns that bikes come with.

AIR HORNS or FREEWAY BLASTERS (run through a relay with hot wire to the battery)??? wear SAFETY YELLOW/GREEN vest, ride to be seen, expect the unexpected, ride like we are invisible, cover the brake at intersections, Left turners are ... MURDER!!!. some 72 yr old did it here a month ago, he got a 32 year old 72yr old turned left in front of 32 yr old on bike. guy on bike was doing about 45 in a 35...but most people do... if they can get away with it. Seen HD rider with BLACK JACKET and a taillight the size of a $0.50 piece... in a town full of retirees? ok, its your life HD.

and yes, most people DO NOT CARE/ TOO BUSY with... cell phone/kids/work/something on their mind/ cant drive/cannot see/old/cataracts.... talked to a guy who ran a bike shop, said his first accident was with someone that looked right at him...and pulled out in front of him anyway=broken leg.

I looked up a statistics on motorbike accidents... they started going through the roof... about the time... cell phones became more affordable... the more affordable they came, the more people had them... the more the motorcycle accidents went UP, UP, UP. Coincidence? maybe? and then there are people that ... cant drive to begin with and get on a bike, don't take training class, don't read books, too immature to deal with a machine, drink, ride angry, ride above their skill levels....

my drivers license test at DMV was 25 multiple guess questions on the computer and ride the bike, literally, around the block. a few years ago, it was just answer the 25 questions on the computer, a person could read the...~3-4 pages of the DMV manual for motorcycles while waiting at DMV to do their Bizness and take the motorcycle test and ... get a motorcycle endorsement. that is not much for "motorcycle riding training"

I drove truck for a while, I loved it when people would pass me on a divided 4 lane highway and after passing me would IMMEDIATELY pull back over into MY LANE 50' in front of me... it takes AT LEAST 600'+ to stop a BIG TRUCK at 60mph IF THE DRIVER IS PAYING ATTENTION AND EVERYTHING IS JUST RIGHT... we are the only 2 people on the road, why are u right next to me for more than 1 second to BLOW BY ME and get AT LEAST 200+++ feet ahead of me before pulling over back into "my lane?" Cruise control will forgive you if u override it by mashing down on the gas pedal and BLOW BY me and get WAY IN FRONT OF ME before pulling back over in front of me. Some/many truck drivers "cook the books" (only "supposed" to LEGALLY drive 10 hours a day; OH PLEASE, do that, wont have the job for more than a couple of months as trucking companies want/LOVE/EXPECT drivers to "RUN" (illegally/"cooking the books" Enron, MCI-WorldCom, AT&T-Worldnet...)... if that means 24 hours of driving, so be it, think about that the next time u are day gazing and taking 30 mins to pass a big truck/anyone on the highway, did that driver sleep last night... or the night before. I think "back in the day" they "RAN" 36 hours regularly, some probably still do) the shoe is on the other foot now.

simple physics, something 80,000#'s hits something 4,500#'s...it is not going to be good, that is POTENTIAL ENERGY, KINETIC ENERGY (energy in motion) is... 3-4x that much energy? Energy in motion. Be safe out there. Happy Motoring, Exxon's Motto. #1 Corp in the US, WM #2 , but #1 Employer

WOW!!! This subject was obviously the big fat finger that pushed MILES MACK's hot button. LOL!!!!

:bang head: A link to his facebook page would be nice, I'd have a few choice words for him, as well, a few million more of us would too. Someone takes aim at me with bad intent I WILL take aim at them in return and I bet my last dollar that my metal projectile is faster than theirs. :mad:

I carry a .40 cal now............just sayin'