IGNORED

Last official day at work

JDaniel

I am retiring today after 32 years in school transportation. It is actually a lot sadder day then I thought it would be. Hard to leave people you have been working beside for so many years. Will start working for a friend on a part time basis on Monday. Will be able to ride a lot more. Going to spend two weeks in Florida (Ft. Myers) in early March and the wife and I are going to ride the bike down to Key West. May be able to hook up with some of the south Florida riders while were there. I guess I'll end this now, starting to ramble.

I am retiring today after 32 years in school transportation. It is actually a lot sadder day then I thought it would be. Hard to leave people you have been working beside for so many years. Will start working for a friend on a part time basis on Monday. Will be able to ride a lot more. Going to spend two weeks in Florida (Ft. Myers) in early March and the wife and I are going to ride the bike down to Key West. May be able to hook up with some of the south Florida riders while were there. I guess I'll end this now, starting to ramble.

Congrats on making it thru the long haul.....one comment on the trip to the Keys....be careful, it's congested and mostly tourist taking in the sights and not paying alot of attention to driving. Taking a bus tour of the island is worth the $$. you'll have a great time while there enjoy !

CONGRATS JDaniel!!

I hope you and your honey have many years of relaxed bliss. South Florida is a beautifully nice place, but flat as board. LOL. You'll enjoy it though.

By the way, you weren't "starting to ramble" at all. See some of my previous posts for examples of rambling. LOL.

Good luck.

Congratulations !!!

You've worked hard an long to get here, so take the bull by the horns and do what ya gotta do to enjoy life....

My older brother retired late last September, and is in the final stages of getting his affairs in order to move back to the Florida Keys, where he lived in the late 70s and through the 80s. He's finding out that housing in Key Largo is pretty expensive, so he's planning on buying a place in the lower keys. He's going down next week to look at a couple of places and potentially make the deal. (He's actually been looking for over a year)

He's THRILLED.

I'm happy for him (and a little jealous), but will hate to have him move so far away. Probably won't get to see him much, but I'll have to try to make it down there every once in a while. Sigh.....:fishin:

You enjoy the time to yourselves some day I hope to get there . Thanks again for the beautiful bike you sold me had it out last Sunday cant stay off it only wish it was spring we will be getting lots of riding done then . Again enjoy your self

Thanks everyone. Tommy I knew you would enjoy the new bike. Will be in Ft. Myers area 3/1 - 3/11. Will be riding down to Key West sometime between 3/6 and 3/10 for a couple days. I hope to meet a few of the South Florida members while I am there.