IGNORED

What's in a name? (Tell us about your username)

pbjman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you asked for it. there was a fellow employee, the guys teased him with the letter R after his first name. And he was short. So they put big R on all his stuff. He would tell them !!!! you. Made me laugh had to see it to understand it. there was a salesman that would come in seemed like i was always on top of the bigger trucks when he came in. He would look every where for me then holler any one here. I would pop out. He would say dam your a big one every time. so I became r big 1. He was a little thin man so every one looked big. lol that's my story

Back in the CB days, it was hard to pick a handle that somebody else didn't have.

When I first got on the internet (Thank you Al Gore) I wanted to pick a user name that was unique.

Since I'm from Kansas, the land of Dorothy and Toto ( Wizard of Oz) I picked Ozlander.

I was a submarine rider in the Navy. When I joined an MC, it's the name they gave me. It's good thing most of the old hands were Army and Marines, or they may have had the imagination to take it a little farther and come up with Catfish, or...Flounder. Either way I'd have worn them proudly as well.

Brake Pad, Was given to my by the President of the FreeMasons Riding Club, riding south out of Maggie a Valley in 2008.

I was riding with three other riders, I got separated by a lady chatting on her cell phone, thought she was going to plow me down, so I split to the left and the other three went to the right. Well come to find out, they pulled off the road, as they saw a star bucks and wanted to stop for coffee. I slowed for the lady in the Minnie Van( how didn't have a clue I was there) I pulled over and turned around on the grassy medium and went back to the coffee shop. The name brake pad was then given to me for not stopping with them when they pulled off. ( But they never saw the Minnie van lady I discribed) they stated I don't know we're my brake pads are. Hens, Brake Pad Became my call sign

The AF mostly doesn't provide much opportunity to use or train with small arms except for "Security Forces"...and while motorcycles are definitely a passion for me, firearms are THE passion. I have fired the M1, M16, M4, M240, & M249...but alas never Ma Deuce. If I had one I would need TRAINLOADS of ammo and plenty of replacement barrels. I've seen them in action and would absolutely love to tuck in behind one! Add to that the fact that one of my all time favorite shooters used one to snipe in Viet Nam. RIP Gunny Hathcock.

This was a fun thread to read. Mine is easy, if you knew, me. I take x-ray's for a living. I also have a bit of interest in some odd things related to bones and different cultures through time.

I hope all had a great holiday.

Bob

Grandfather, my Father were call DUKE (short for Duquette)....I was always hanging with my Father and was dubbed "little Duke" by all his friends and co-workers and family. When I started riding MC's "DUKE" was already taken in every forum, MC club...etc. So I added RIDER to it....There was a short time I didn't go by Duke.... I was a restaurant manager and David Duke (grand wizard of the KKK) was running for president and my boss said I should drop the Duke since my first name is David.:yikes:..... A lot of my Friends still call me Duke and some my family calls me Little Duke......To Be honest at M&E's its easier to get my attention saying Riderduke then David:biker:

Mine's not a very interesting story, I got in fights a lot as a kid (usually with older boys) and the other kids would say I was wild as a wildcat. When I got on the interwebs I took WildKat as a nickname in the online chats, some people do call me Kat in real life. As WK got to be popular on the interwebs I added the GA since I'm a born and raised Georgian. Apparently the GA confuses some people. Maybe this thread will help? Maybe? heh.

Attending a Meet & Eat a few years ago here in Ole Virginia and Riderduke said I needed to change my forum "HANDLE". At the time I was using initials from my name GHARBJR = George Harbour Jr. Can't remember if Duke suggested the name or I. I'm 6'5" tall and my Grandfather would tell me I was a "Long Tall Drink of Water". I think some discussion was had...maybe....Thus....."LONG TALL" was born.

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

Mine's a bit more obvious - starting round on the net I wanted something simple that described me to friends without being so simple that people could search for me (I was a teacher at the time and didn't want schoolkids turning up on forums and commenting, or asking what I did at weekends etc), so I had a number of variations of my name and location "Greg" in London, though the variations were because some forums don't allow gaps or underscores (my email then was greglond@aol.com - long gone). Other than that it is mostly work related emails that have my actual full name.

In 1989 I was stationed in Keflavik Iceland on an "Unaccompanied Tour". I took a 4WD Toyota pickup with me. I had attached my 1 year old daughters Odie stuffed animal (from Bloom County comic strip) to the top of the seat back with velcro. Needless to say ToyOdie was born

When I was in my 20's I was the only one with a car when I hung out with nieces and nephews so we would go to neighboring towns and cities to roller-skate. This went on for a few years and got very tiring for me. So one day we were going to go to Toronto (about 90 miles from me) for coffee then skate when I run onto the shoulder of the road and kept driving. Heard later that I drove about 5 miles this way and stayed on shoulder even around bends. Supposedly someone was telling others to wake me but refused because could be more dangerous at the moment.A little while later I guess I got back on highway and said lets stop here I don't think we should go any farther. Then a week later one of my nieces gave me a picture of Sleepy from Snow White and it has stuck since then. Had to add 2 to my username when I joined because someone had that name at the time(not sure if it was here or the other group before we split) Can't remember why the lower case "s "tho.

My wife got her username because for the first few years (and seems like now also) nobody even believed I was married because she never went to meet and greets or rides with me so somebody brought up the name Phantom Wife and it has stuck. I keep trying to get her out but dosn't always work as most people in my area can attest to. MarCarl & Wizzard765 have showed up at my home and have seen her with me. Some remarks have been that{ I rented her} {picked her up on the way there}{my neighbor} and a few others.

When I was 12 or 13 years old I decided it would be cool to have a tattoo but parlors were not as abundant as they are now ( nor was money ) so I started giving myself a tattoo. I had decided that I would put my name (Dick) on my arm and do it in script. Three needles wrapped with thread to designate depth and to hold the india ink were the chosen instruments.

I did this by myself and alone, however by the time I got part of the D partially completed, I decided that I was more of a whimp than I thought I was. So plan B came into play, shorten the tattoo to my middle name "AL". So I completed the tat and ended up with AL on my arm but nobody knew me by that name and kept asking 'who is Al ? '

I carried that with me for about 54 years and decided to have it fixed. A fine local tat artist and I decided to cover AL up with a tattoo. We decided on a Hummingbird and he designed one that we both aggreed would work so $125 later Al was gone and Hummingbird was born. DSC01594.JPG

well "The Lensman" is the first ever space opera Sci Fi series of books, written in the 40's by E.E. Smith. I've read the series dozens of time over the past 40 plus years. My first email address was "lensman" and I used it or a variation everywhere on the net. 1st lensman, gray lensman, ect. My old ebay handle was also lensman, one day about 10 years ago in the early stages of ebay, we all had to change our ID's because of something so since I live in tampa bay , I added bay to lensman or baylensman. So that became my new internet handle, its my email names and log in name at bunches of sites and forums

Well the truth is that by the time i was in the 8 th grade my shoe size was a 12 (of course that is about normal these days but not the) anyway the headmaster of the school i went to saw my feet one day and said we are going to have to call you foots. One of the girls in my class thought that was incomplete so she started calling my footsie and the name stuck. Now of course I would love to claim it was another body part, but oh well gonna have to go with the foot.

Gregg