IGNORED

Stupid questions people ask you, or say, when stopped

Eck

I believe we're all used with being asked how fast is the bike and how many mpg does it get. But have you ever been asked something that simply blew your mind?

I'll start with mine

'zat hurt?

Kin I git that of'en ya?

'at's gonna leave a mark.

I had a guy looking at the various louvered vents on the bike and ask me if it had air conditioning.

:confused24:

RandyA

Must have met the same guy at a mall past summer. Seemed genuine, so I explained they were straight vents. After which he insisted the new Wings had AC. Ok fine, left it at that.

Don't laugh too loud. I can see them having it as an option. For those of us down in the warmer climes instead of having a heated vest, I can see having a suit thats plumbed for cool air or fluid. They do make fluid cooling vests for specialized applications - would be a case of how to make the heat exchanger work with the constraints of available power on a bike/trike, and how to make the hookups to the vest bullet/dummyproof.

Might be too hard to come up with something that cools from ambient, but I could see a water exchange that started with chilled water and was able to keep it *mostly* cool using a peltier exchange (think those little ice chets that run on 12v).

Or in true redneck fashion - trailer with small genset (honda Eu2000) a normal 120vac air conditioner unit, and some very long dryer ducting. Add one "smurf" rainsuit, and you too could be cool in the middle of an AZ summer. :)

Glenn in Tucson

Must have met the same guy at a mall past summer. Seemed genuine, so I explained they were straight vents. After which he insisted the new Wings had AC. Ok fine, left it at that.

My neighbor has a Harley!! or my cousin, or my brother-in-laws, brothers uncle's nephew's friend, but he sold it last year.

The one I hear mostly of late is: I LOVE THAT COLOUR!!!! After that they want to know what kind it is, who makes it and if will go fast,,,,,,,duhhhh, will it go fast???? wanta come?

100_3901.jpg

Don't laugh too loud. I can see them having it as an option. For those of us down in the warmer climes instead of having a heated vest, I can see having a suit thats plumbed for cool air or fluid. They do make fluid cooling vests for specialized applications - would be a case of how to make the heat exchanger work with the constraints of available power on a bike/trike, and how to make the hookups to the vest bullet/dummyproof.

Might be too hard to come up with something that cools from ambient, but I could see a water exchange that started with chilled water and was able to keep it *mostly* cool using a peltier exchange (think those little ice chets that run on 12v).

Or in true redneck fashion - trailer with small genset (honda Eu2000) a normal 120vac air conditioner unit, and some very long dryer ducting. Add one "smurf" rainsuit, and you too could be cool in the middle of an AZ summer. :)

Glenn in Tucson

Swamp Cooler

Wowziee,,, good thread Eck....

For some reason,, no idea if its Tweeks color - my beard or Tips bad habit of having to wear a Rain suit with "BOSS" written on it when its raining but for some reason,, people usually just stare for a minute, shake their heads and walk away - ok,, get some laughs too.... Take that back,, last summer I did hear words like "RUN", "CALL THE COPS", "GRAB THE KIDS", "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN" (while in Alberta) and "EVERY ONE OFF THE SIDEWALK" yelled a few times before they scattered... Never heard any of these prefaced with "Should we" so I am unsure whether or not they fit into the topic of this thread..:178:

DSCN8571.JPG

Is it windy when your on the freeway

Have had a few breezy moments through the years,,,, matter of fact,,, below is pic of Tip with her Windy Wyoming/Montana/Utah/Texas/Arizona/New Mexico/South Dakota ANTI WIND glasses on... Crosswinds out there can really surprise ya so ya gotta be prepared if ya wanna keep ridin..

How do you balance that thing?

Its all in the knees.....

1314.JPG

1782.JPG