IGNORED

New Model Venture on Horizon ?

mirider

Have read a lot about Yamaha's inactivity on developing a new touring machine, Venture or similar, and was heartened by this statement from a Yamaha executive at the recent IMS: "Star Motorcycles is committed to the future of its “cruiser” category and anticipates the release of several “new” models in the months to come.

Star Motorcycles is aware that a large cross section of our membership rides large displacement touring machines, so it would be safe to say that a much needed, much discussed “touring machine” would be on the horizon."

Like most of you I'm sure, I will be eagerly awaiting future developments. :cool10:

I'll add to the rumor mill. Stopped by my Yamaha/Suzuki/Honda/Polaris dealer yesterday. The GM which I've known for years approached me and asked if I heard about the new venture. I said no but have heard the same thing for the past 1/2 dozen or so years. He said this one is appears to be true. Asked for more details. - V4, shaft drive? He didn't know but is is still named Venture.

yamaha has their work cut out for them to change my mind on an Indian roadmaster. The roadmasters are being sold before they arrive at the dealers.

I don't believe anything yamaha says. I don't think they know what they want. I will never buy another yamaha. Their customer service used to be great but not now. If you call yamaha's customer service line you can't talk to anyone that knows what they are doing.

"Star Motorcycles is committed to the future of its “cruiser” category and anticipates the release of several “new” models in the months to come. Star Motorcycles is aware that a large cross section of our membership rides large displacement touring machines, so it would be safe to say that a much needed, much discussed “touring machine” would be on the horizon."

. :cool10:

HA HA HA HA HA HA :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Mike

It would be cool if Yammy did bring a touring bike like the 1st gen to the market. I think Kawi's new Voyager was an example that Jap bikes that look like Harleys aren't hitting the mark. Harley, Victory, Indian, they have that old school looking market covered, and covered well. However, the market needs another Gold wing type option. I know BMW's new 1600GTL is an awesome option for that style of a touring bike, but, there is one huge hindrance; dealership network. My cousin has a wonderful BMW R1200RT which fits into this discussion perfectly, but anytime he needs parts, or service, it's a minimum 3 hour ride to a dealer. Yamaha has a great dealer network across the country and if they came out with a beefed up full dresser touring version of maybe there FJR or the 1st gen Venture, they would most likely sell a lot more bikes than if they brought another Harley looking Venture to the market. And, for Yamaha, it would attract the aging sport bike and adventure bike riders that they seem to be greatly interested in.

Anyway, that's my humble opinion. For what it's worth.