IGNORED

It took 45yrs to do this

blue mtn. jim

I do not know if I am doing this right. I guess my wife and I decided to see how it feels to crash on our RSV last Sunday. WE did a little dance and then kissed the asphalt. Thank GOD we stopped, but it was sideways. She threw us off, what a nerve. Wife 2 broken ribs and a knee that has a attitude problem. I landed on the palms of my hands and knees and jumped up looking for wife, she was laying flat on her back on the double yellow lines. The hell with the bike how's the wife!!! We did not even put a hole in our pants or any rips anywhere. She said to me, see if the bike will start and let's get home? But it was not to be, hello ambulance and off to the er. I am a x fire chief and I looked around to see if I could find one of the great people that came to aid to keep the traffic moving. And a off duty ems worker also helped my wife when she seen what went down. Then a couple of guys asked me if they could move my bike out of the road, I said please do and thanks. I am going to stop my story here because some humans are not all the same, so may ask a few questions on the repair work. Can you fix a fairing?, small dent in tank? Windshield scratched beyond repair. The rest I believe I can come up with. Life goes by in years, your life can go in a second. I am blessed to be able to type this, I have to remember to keep the shiny side up, to the rest of the family ride safe. Jim

it was good to hear your voice this morning pal !:bighug:

glad that your both here to tell the tale and walk away!!:cool10:

you have a lot of miles to get under your belt when momma retires in a few months and we plan to see you folks at the international rally.

give mother a big hug from the entire fam damily :080402gudl_prv:Mike & Cherie

So sorry to hear of this Jim, but I am very happy you are able to type the story up for us all to read and to remind us to ride safe.

I wish you and your wife both a full speedy recovery. Prayers sent in that regard.

Hey Blue Mtn Jim,

Good to hear no worse injuries than that. Can you say any more about what happened? Anything you did or didn't do that others can learn from?

If I could say anything about the accident, now that I have time to think about it would be to not underestimate your skill when the crap hits the fan. Unfortunately the longer you ride the more you become a little relax and sometimes a little complacent on how deadly moving things with a lot of weight can become in a split second. I always try to leave 2 bike lengths per 10 miles per hour and more after 50 miles per hour, now that may be way wrong advice!! I am telling you what I do. This bike is new to me and only with 11,000 miles experience is not much at all. When I take it out next time, I will do some stopping exercises. We were only during 20 miles per hour, but missed read the cars in front of me. When I saw the brake lights go off, I made a dumb decision, I should have stopped anyway. This all happens in seconds, should of could of, I am a little late for that now. I am sure there are are some members that were trained motorcyclist, maybe a motorcycle LEO. Thanks for thinking of us, take care. jim