IGNORED

Time for a new bike

Freebird

Now I have to start adding stuff to the new one. I managed to get them to throw in a drivers backrest and another $1,000.00 worth of accessories in addition to the backrest but that won't go far.

So how many t-shirts will $1000 buy?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Don: I read this entire humorous thread. Being the site owner has its down sides!!! Kind of like reading as the world turns. Congrats on the new bike. I had to laugh yesterday. 4 Harley's parked infront of the local Yamaha store. One never knows. Enjoy.:)

So how many t-shirts will $1000 buy?

No problem. They gave me a T-Shirt so I'm covered. :) My wife on the other hand, has already started.

OK, you can stay, but now you'll have to but a trailer.:whistling:

Hey...I already HAVE a trailer but hopefully won't be using it. I am probably going to have the Bushtec painted though at some point.

THE HARDLYVENTURES.ORG....has a ring to it.... kinda brings a tear to my eye.:crying:

NO....nothing here is going to change. Heck, I was riding an '86 FXRD shortly after starting another Venture site years ago. I just have to accept the abuse. :) I'm OK with that...I have thick skin. Besides, I DO still have the '99 RSV.

I aint belonging to no Harley group....................

:stirthepot::stirthepot:

OK...I'll go ahead and own up to it. REMEMBER though...you can't kick me out because I still have my RSV. :)

So...without further ado....here it is. Parts department was closed by the time I got the deal wrapped up but they are open tomorrow and I'll be going first thing to pick up the drivers backrest, highway pegs and whatever else I decide I need right now.

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra.

Congratulations Don ! Nice bike.

Isn't the Road Glide reported to be going thru a make over for next season or 2015? I know the Ultra Glide is discontinued. What prompted you to make the deal now and not wait for the "updated" Road Glide?

Are you planning on selling your RSV or keep it?

Nice work Buddy, Yamaha has screwed the pooch with many of us by not offering us what we want. I would have bought the exact same thing as I love the looks of the Road Glide. One day if I ever make some money, I will more than likely have one in the stable. I'm looking forward to seeing it at some point....good job

:thumbsup2:

Nice ride but if it's loud you have to go to the back like the rest of the harley's. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Now enjoy your ride. :)

Pretty sad that even the boss went with another manufacturer. Wonder if Yamaha is paying attention? Probably not.

Margaret

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that

XV1100SE your good at this Don.....go get them....starting writing a letter to Yamaha....tell on Don.......let them know what Our leader has has done! And that THEY gave him no choice or at least a real lousy model selection!:stirthepot:

Oh! It is a sad affair when the faithful congregation looses it leader over to the other side!?

Actually Freebird good for you....Nice scoot, hope it is good to you and enjoy the new wheels.:thumbsup:

Nice looking bike Don. How many Harley's does that make on this site now. Yamaha really needs to step up IMHO. Make sure you get the big Wish book...LOL..OH, and buying the bike was just a down payment. Congradulations.

OH, and Brown Angel took my Ulta around the block yesterday and was gone for a half hour. Grinning ear to ear when he got back. I wasn't worried, just figured he fell in love.

I had to laugh yesterday. 4 Harley's parked infront of the local Yamaha store. One never knows. Enjoy.:)

funny that you say that..I was at Pioneer yesterday and he has quite a selection of harleys in is used bike showroom......I've noticed over the last year he has been taking in a lot of harleys on trade....hmmmmm:whistling:

Harleys do make nice planters for the front lawn!:rotf: So they are getting really cheap with what they throw in arn't they!!:whistling: They used to give you a free pair of riding boots when you bought one. At least they did here in Ontario, but that WAS 10 years ago.:backinmyday: I guess I cant be too hard on you about it. My brother is a Harley guy, 2 sportsters, a fatboy, 1950 EL, and a Road King. And a good job with the government so he can pay the repair bills to keep them on the road!!!!:whistling:

Last time he came down to my place on his Road King it cost him $500 just to get his tire replaced! His rear tire blew out on the 401 at Oshawa Ontario and it was in a rain storm! And it was 10 PM and he had to find a motel. And he had to wait till next morning to find a shop to replace his tire and he had to pay for a tow.:depressed: And when he got back to Ottawa after his visit here his Harley mechanic told him if he was smart he would be riding a YAMAHA like his OLDER, and obviously wiser, brother!:backinmyday: Cheaper and better all around he was told!:whistling:

So carry lots of :mo money: for repairs, get a really good AAA road side assistance coverage. Doesn't Harley come with that kind of coverage?:whistling: And enjoy your new bike looks good!

PS I HATE HARLEYS!!!!!!!!:backinmyday:

:mytruck1:

OK...I'll go ahead and own up to it. REMEMBER though...you can't kick me out because I still have my RSV. :)

So...without further ado....here it is. Parts department was closed by the time I got the deal wrapped up but they are open tomorrow and I'll be going first thing to pick up the drivers backrest, highway pegs and whatever else I decide I need right now.

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra.

Congratulations there, You'll be well pleased with this bike, I know. Got this 2012 hold over a couple months ago.:)[ATTACH][ATTACH]78667[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Congrats!. I actually love the Road Glides. Only complaint I would have is the 103 motor. If I could find a nice one with the 96", I would think about it. From what I have read and heard, the 103" motor is having some issues. Even the police departments around here have been turning all their 103s back in because of so many problems. Not sure what they are replacing them with, but definitely not happy with the 103".

So a couple of things come to mind:

-Don, are you leaving a day or two early for the International??? just in case?

-Do we need to plan more MDs? Maybe about 1 a week,, 'then the crowd wouldn't be as big and it would be more intimate'.

-Will it tow a trailer,, I mean, empty to start with at least?

-Did they give you a 14 day money back guarantee, is that why you waited until now?

Hope you like it,, it looks new, and clean at present.

Freebird hasn't posted since 8:39 this morning. We'd either send out a search party for him or be glad he likes the bike.

Maybe Don and Eileen are hitting all the local Harley dealers picking up clothing?

What you don't realize is Dons out at Sears buying tools to try and keep the new bike on the road