IGNORED

Time for a new bike

Freebird

Well, I have owned the '99 Venture for 14 years now. I have the bug for a new bike. Haven't decided if I'll add to the stable or end up selling it but I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a new one.

Getting ready to head to the bike store now. Will I do it? Will I come to my senses?

To be continued.....................................

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could there possibly a Harley or Victory coming to your stable soon............Will Freebird come to his senses and just keep riding his current ride............my money is on him not being able to part with his trusty steed.

Well, I have owned the '99 Venture for 14 years now. I have the bug for a new bike. Haven't decided if I'll add to the stable or end up selling it but I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a new one.

Getting ready to head to the bike store now. Will I do it? Will I come to my senses?

Hey Don,

As we have told EVERY member here at the forum, "It's NOT what you ride, it the fact THAT you ride!"

If you happen to find a new scoot that "blows the wind up your skirt", then by all means, Go For it!

This would be an excellent time of the year (with all this heat) to test drive one of the popular "Air Cooled" twins. If the heat from the motor doesn't chase you away, then there are some bikes to be had this time of the year.

Lastly, don't forget the Can Am, there is a lot to be said about not having to "hold a bike up" all the time. Plus there is the "sporty factor" to consider.

I wish you luck on your search, and what ever you do, HAVE FUN while you are shopping!

Earl :thumbsup2:

Guest tx2sturgis

Poll idea?

I dont know how to add a poll here, but if I did!:

• What new bike will Freebird buy?
  • _Yamaha RS Venture
  • _Harley RoadGlide/ElectraGlide
  • _Victory Cross Country/Vision
  • _Honda GoldWing/F6B
  • _Can-Am Spyder RT
  • _Ural :D
  • _Vespa Scooter

:whistling:

Poll idea?

I dont know how to add a poll here, but if I did!:

• What new bike will Freebird buy?
  • _Yamaha RS Venture
  • _Harley RoadGlide/ElectraGlide
  • _Victory Cross Country/Vision
  • _Honda GoldWing/F6B
  • _Can-Am Spyder RT
  • _Ural :D
  • _Vespa Scooter

:whistling:

Instead of a POLL, I suggest we start a POOL.

Winner gets to add to the VentureRider FUND.

If I were buying a new one...

Honda Goldwing airbag (for safety).... but then I have a 29" inseam...

Don't think you, would be happy with the foot placement as you are quite a bit taller than I and your wife won't be anywhere near as comfortable.

2013 RSV is exactly the same as what you have...

Victiories are butt ugly. IMHO:duck:

Harleys are air cooled, hot, loud and vibrate way to much.

Urals - although looks like they would fun to ride on -200 mile trip, wouldn't cut it, 500-600 miles cross country...

Vespas are to slow

Canams - even less leg room than a Goldwing.

Then again... If, and I say if, Yamaha comes out with a new RSV Gen 3 in 2015 you'll be kicking yourself.

I personally am gonna wait and see what happens....

Edited by CaptainJoe

Um, If I were in the market (lack of :mo money:says I'm not) I would have to wait for the unveiling of "The Other Choice" in American motorcycles.

Can't wait to see the 2014 Indian

Edited by JohnT
change date

Don, read my latest thread, and take your mind off your new potential bike :whistling: and chime into my conundrum :shock3:. But do wanna know if you have a new bike also??!!

Edited by Barrycuda

Never even considered the Indian...

Although if it were touring, water cooled and up to date, with old timey sporty bad boy looks(think Fatboy touring machine with destinctive Indian markings )... Huuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm....:mo money:

Thought it was going to be unveiled at Sturgis? in August??

Edited by CaptainJoe

And here I thought that if things were going to change on this site, we got to vote on it,,, now he's out there, in wandering land trying to make up his mind on a new scoot,,,,,, that my friends could be a serious change to this site,,,, and so far I don't see any indication that we get a vote,,,,

I PROTEST!!!!!

I think he might step back in time and get a 1st Gen. Just because he feels obligated to the rest of us. He's kinda like the Maytag repair man, loneliest man in the world, needing something to do. If he gets a 1st gen, then there's always something to repair or fix!!

Don, here's a novel idea, Go for a ride on the 99 and the need for something else will simply go away.

:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

The new Indian comes in a full dress with hard bags. They will be out by the end of this month. The largest Indian dealer is in Charlotte and I have been invited to a demo weekend in August. He knows I love the Victory CC and says that I will love the new Indian equally for the same money. Got my attention. Sorry that Yamaha has forced us have to look elsewhere. I will not get rid of Sylvester even if I buy another bike. Too much of a relationship to let him go. Besides he will outlast me anyway.

:farmer:

I got tired of waiting Yamaha to up grade a year ago and pulled the trigger on a new wing. Absolutely LOVE the wing but I miss the RSV. Didn't have enough self control to wait. With so many great bike choices out there, the decision is difficult.