IGNORED

No more rsv!

eusa1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the guys that are looking for Yamaha to make another V4 powered touring machine, I hope this happens. Yamaha has needed to pull their heads out of their rears for atleast the last 5 years with the RSV. It desperately needs upgrades like a better charging system and some upgraded amenities.

Unfortunately if this happens the price tag will be north of $20K and I wont be buying one. If I stay in a Venture, it will be a used RSV as they are cheap to buy and lots of parts as they didn't change at all in 14 years :confused24:

I'm not sure what my next newer touring bike will be, obviously an RSV is at the top of the list, but a 1800 Goldwing is right up there too if I can make it fit Lonna and I better....we'll see what happens.

the V4 has been in the lineup for along time, I suspect they will be releasing a Gen3 in a couple years. (I will predict- fuel injection, on-star, headset will be wireless Bluetooth, 6 speed trans, stronger charging system with power converter and one 110 outlet, more storage in the saddlebags and trunk, CB w/GMRS channels, built in Nav system, AND... a tape deck!)

ps. will run on E-85

Personally, I am perfectly happy with my 07. I have just about evrything on it I want except the diamond cut fins and yes B2mom, I will be getting those. I don't think I could take another 2 days of harrassment!!:bighug:I really do not have any issues with it being carbed instead of injected. I rode it up to the top of Pikes Peak...14,100 feet....no issues. ABS, really do not need it. Bikes have been without that for years. I did my own guage package. I get alot of compliments on it,especially when the trailer is hooked up. So in short, my resale will hold longer, Yammy can continue to loose market share and I will keep my purdy blue on black beast.