IGNORED

Well I guess I can join now!

The Tooch

I've been kind of hanging out here for awhile now but didn't feel quite right about signing onto this motley crew. You see I've been a Honda guy for 40 years. I've been ride'n a cruiser style bike the last 13 years or so.....but getting old & it was time for a little more comfort! I just can't stand the look of a Goldwing.......Sorry to the wing-dingers out there......I own a Honda Civic so I don't need another car! I love'd the idea of a Harley till I looked at the price tags!

I started looking for another bike last fall and came across a 2005 RSV. But it was starting to get real cold and the bike was a long way from my place......finally Dec. 26th I took the 3 hour drive to go see it and ended up putting down the deposit to hold it till the spring.

I had to sell my old bike which actually happened real fast. But it was the dead of winter, my old bike was in storage at my place, the person that bought my bike, had their old bike they had sold in storage at their place. And my new baby was 3 hours away. Then it turned into the longest winter EVER! WAITING & WAITING!

I was going a little crazy waiting.....trying to pass the time of the "spring that never was"....That is when I found you guys......I was still going crazy waiting but at least I had something to do. But I felt I really wasn't one of you yet.

Long story getting longer, The wife and I took the 3 hour drive out in the car yesterday to bring my baby home. What a great day for a ride, it poured rain with high winds for the last hour in Toronto rush hour traffic......best ride I ever had! I'm one of you guys now! Got to go out & clean up the new girl but sometime this weekend I'll sit down & figure out how to pay my 12 bucks......I'm in.

[...] I'm one of you guys now! [...]

*monotone chant* "One of us... one of us... one of us..."

---

:thumbsup2: Welcome! Well sure sure picked some 'good' weather to break your new to you bike in, sheesh! I had a similar experience when I picked mine up too -- 40-60 mph winds and thunderstorms for 2 or so hours of the 6 hour ride. It was still a good ride.

Here is to many more miles! :group cheers:

:Venture:

Another 2nd Genner....:whistling: to wait on....:innocent:

WELCOME!!! Lot of info here and some of it is even RIGHT!! Especially the part about real motorcycles.....or 1st Gens. Just kidding. I think you will enjoy time here and the help in keeping that thing at DQ!!!

Welcome to the club, if you have any questions, post them and then wait for a reply,,, we will reply,, most times, but not always with an answer, or even the right one, but we'll give you lots of choices so you can take your pick.

you know you're in trouble, when you put your feet down at the intersection, and the river of water is flowing over your rims

Had that actually happen a few years back. The wife and I were in Gattlinburg Tn and it came a down pour. I knew I was in trouble when I saw a duck in a life preserver go by. We had to stop at a traffic light and the water was over the top of my 7" boots. But it makes you appreciate the good days.

WELCOME! your better off with the Yamaha, these days the magnet is getting big that one has to drag behind a Harley to pick up the part that rattle..........just kidding but seriously you will find everything you need here and a lot of stuff you don't a lot of good peeps and info.:cool10:

We will forgive you for breaking rule # 1, when posting to this forum about your new bike, new bling on your new bike or changes to your bike, you must post pics when do so or it make this post entirely useless, it dont exist if you dont take pictures............You get a mulligan on this the first time but it cant happen again..............you dont want to know what the consequences will be.

:worthless:

Well I figured it out and I paid my 12 bucks....I'm in!

Sorry still no pictures......The city condemned the house next door to us a few years ago and it has been sitting boarded up. Well they finally torn it down this week. However the house was built right up to the property line and my privacy fence actually tied into the side of the old house. The wrecking company didn't care, they busted off 3 of the main 4x4 fence post along the rest of the fence line, at the ground. I came home yesterday to three 8' sections of my 6' fence leaning into my backyard. Spent all day today repairing it, trying to jack each section back into place and then driving steel fence posts down beside the original 4x4 to support it. And then attaching the section to the post. This was all more work then it was to build the fence in the first place....gee those section are heavy when there already assembled. Had to get it done or my dog would have gotten loose when we let him out. I threw up some old snow fence for now to cover where the old house used to be. Guess I'll be buying lumber and be building some new sections of fence next weekend. I think first the City will be getting a piece of my mind!!:no-no-no: I never personally liked a house that was a corner lot.......now that the one next door is gone, I'm a corner lot!? What a big corner!

So with the fence work I never got out on the bike at all today......I was out yesterday with a friend, he has a 2013 Harley Ultra Limited. Blew past him once in 4th gear....... He said later he couldn't believe how fast the RSV picked up speed.......but he did say it sounded like George Jestons just passed him! I've got to admit I kind of like that sound already.:stickinouttounge:

Welcome to the forum. As the other mentioned, no pics, no RSV... :)

As for the wait, I know. I bought mine last November and wouldn't ya know the temps were in the 70's ! Talk about bad luck...:rotf:

I already met and dealt with some WONDERFUL people here. It's worth the $12.00 . You will get info and opinions up the wazoo. Just not too much from me. I am still fresh out of the box.

Have fun riding.