IGNORED

anyone name their bike?

creole

My gold '84 is "Goldie. It's first name was "Big!"

Now the story behind the '09. When we bought it the first place we went with it was Maintenance Day at Don's place. We were setting around and the question was asked "What are you going to name this one?" One of the suggestions was "Two Timer" because it was my second Venture and it was a second gen. Just then someone walked by and was checking the new bike out and said "That's a sexy looking bike" so it became Sexi 2 Timer!

The '05 Monte Carlo is Mr. Monte, and the '11 Malibu is Quickster because with the V6 it's a peppy car...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all have names:

"Warren": 1998 Tour Classic II in Iceland. Named after the dealership Yamaha of Warren to remember wich bike came from where - had just imported six bikes from various dealers/places in USA at the time - name somehow stuck to it when I decided to keep it for myself)

"The Green Mile": 1998 Tour Classic II in USA: V-Maxed and I am told it´s fast. Haven't tried it yet but will do so this summer.

"The Red Baron" 2000 Venture in USA: Yes - it is red in color

"Millie" 2000 Venture MM edition in Iceland: She got that name automatically.

My Venture I call "Great White" because of it's color and shark-like look and attitude, with a nickname of Sebring2, because it replaced my Sebring convertible. The 650 Maxim I call "Green Beast" because she's not the prettiest but she's taken all I given out and comes back for more. And she's green. My Astro I call "Rustic Red" (RUSTic, get it?) and the wife's Caravan "Baby Blue", cause if I drive it too hard she says don't hurt her baby.

-Andrew