IGNORED

Time to discuss the 2013 International Rally

Freebird

It is looking like there needs to be a date picked to get this started. For me the last 2 weeks in June and the last 2 weeks in July are allready taken. Other than that the spring, summer is open.

I can do some leg work this and see what there is for lodging and what kind of rates they would offer. If decided to have it in this area.

Orlin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, I'm thinking that we have a pretty good general location in mind. Sounds like a decent sized group of folks willing to do the work also.

We'll let the discussion continue a bit longer but I think we are close now. You guys might want to start talking among yourselves a bit and determine who is going to be the leader. :)

Marcarl's VentureIn will be the 25th of May.

My thoughts on location is to find a Motel that can also accommodate camping, that way we all stay together. Yes, I realize that riding is important, but what I find more important is that we get to meet each other and spend time together. During the daytime we mostly ride, but during the evening we get to get in each others way and stir the pot. It would be real good to do this altogether in one place, that way nobody can blame me for ALL the ruckus.

I don't think that having meals together as a whole group is paramount, except for the main meal of course.

But I have to ask (for the fun of it)...whatever happened to my great idea of having the International Rally in...International Falls, MN. ?????????

:whistling:

I've been to International Falls. Only curve up there is the curvature of the earth. Nice International Paper plant up there though (and the associated odor).

250 miles to the nearest civilization. Mosquitoes the size of sea gulls. Other than that, it is a vacation mecca.

:smile5:

RR

I'm not going to comment on where it should be, as far south as we are it will be a LONG ride for us.

So True...And the Western group.... Maybe Some of us can meet up in Colorado somewhere,Just sayin.

The 4th Annual B2dad & B2mom Meet n Eat...will be May 18th.

and YES Squidly, I KNOW what it takes to put something like this on...a little something anyway...lol. All I meant was..don't SCARE them, lol!!!

Hope we get to see you and Lonna soon. Missing you guys.

Just to throw a spanner in the works........ we love the idea of ILL. area, but I pick up trike on 8th July [serviced at H-D Portland] So would be in SLC Utah around Friday 12th to get Alan's Venture!!

:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

She's here and waiting for more adventures!!

I like the idea of NW Illinois/ Se corner of Iowa/ SW corner of Wisconsin. Close enuff we can be there in one day from Indianapolis area, plenty of time available in the middle of July (wife starts back to work 1st week of Aug.) and it makes for a nice summer......

Let's get it going and putting it together!! That way I know what my schedule is for next year!!

I like the idea of Wisconsin. For dates... has anyone considered timing it for AirVenture that takes place in Oshkosh towards the end of July?

http://www.airventure.org/index.html

Think the name fits... plus the air show is supposed to be one of the best and runs for several days... just like the International. Anyone that wanted to attend could be part of a daily group ride there, possibly with group discount on tickets.

Darn!

What happened to St. George, Utah?

Just imagine... rides to Brice, Zion, Arches, etc.

It would be neat to see if any of our members could make it up to "Angel's Landing".

By the way - I've made it, but thought I was going to die a couple times.

Oh well...

JohnB

I like the idea of Wisconsin. For dates... has anyone considered timing it for AirVenture that takes place in Oshkosh towards the end of July?

http://www.airventure.org/index.html

Think the name fits... plus the air show is supposed to be one of the best and runs for several days... just like the International. Anyone that wanted to attend could be part of a daily group ride there, possibly with group discount on tickets.

NOOOOooooooo.........

The last 3 times I went to EAA show I had my checkbook out of my pocket and in my hand and an airplane ALMOST came home with me. I can not afford to attend that show anymore.....:mo money:

It is about 180 miles from Galena to EAA.

There is nothing for hotel or camping space available within 50 miles of EAA. EAA attendees stay as far as 100 miles away.

The wife and I will be in Germany for the next 3 years starting in Jan so my vote is with Trader. Make it an "International" and have it in Heidelberg!

I know that would be an incredible stretch but imagine how awesome!

:thumbsup: