IGNORED

Anyone use one of these?

Galapagos

I use one. It helps when you are spending time in traffic where the cruise control wouldn't. Also, if you are traveling out west, the cruise will set at a maximum of 80 MPH (GPS speed). Sometimes, you want to go a little faster for long periods of time.

RR

Have had one on the bike for three years now and won't travel without it. Takes pressure off the wrist and let's you relax your grip on the throttle.

I keep a spare one in the case as they seem to be quite popular with folks that don't know where to buy one. Just call me an unwilling distributor. :buttkick:

Rather or not you use the CC, they are helpful just around town where you wouldn't normally set the CC.

Mike

I keep a spare one in the case as they seem to be quite popular with folks that don't know where to buy one.
They also seem to be popular with some people who don't want to buy their own. I had one that came with my XV1100. Worked great, was actually called a Throttle Rocker but looked the same as the pic. For a few years I rarely used it except when on a trip. Decided there is no point having it if I don't use it and 4 days later I no longer had to worry about it because I didn't have one anymore. :crying:

Seems we are in the same boat... so to speak.

Bought a throttle rocker for my son for our trip to Sturgis in 06.It caused him to run a stop sign and get hit buy a truck.He was reaching for the front brake and as he went to pull in on the brake lever it caused the bike to accelerate through the stop sign and in front of a truck.Luckily it was in town and he was not hurt and all it hurt on the bike was the front fender.So when he called and told me what happened I told him to take that thing off and throw it as far as he can.

Looks like I am going to order a pair. I rarely if ever use the cruise on both my bike and cars. Just never got use to not controlling the throttle myself.

Thanks for the info guys.

MoS

You can find this at most local dealers in stock for $9.95 , thats what we sell them for in our shop.

Bought a throttle rocker for my son for our trip to Sturgis in 06.It caused him to run a stop sign and get hit buy a truck.He was reaching for the front brake and as he went to pull in on the brake lever it caused the bike to accelerate through the stop sign and in front of a truck.Luckily it was in town and he was not hurt and all it hurt on the bike was the front fender.So when he called and told me what happened I told him to take that thing off and throw it as far as he can.

:think::think::think: .................. hmm!

I had one on my Shadow and found that it transferred pressure to a different point of the wrist. I had a thumb lock on my 1st Gen which I used extensively and now I have the Kuryaken cramp busters on both sides on my Valk. I'll be adding some Throttlemeisters to it before it's all over, being able to drop your right hand at times is very nice,

:innocent:

I had a set of throttle Rockers on my BMW. I need to get a set for my VR. They were great and helped relax the hand/wrist. Helped relieve the numbness and finger cramping.

An old tip I remember. If its making your fingers tingle you need to sync carbs!!

Now back to harassing 2nd :whistling: I mean orginal thread......:innocent:

I also have the Throttle Rocker. Only difference is the the Throttle Rocker has a little longer flat part to rest the heel of your hand. It takes a little to get it set up right. To far one way and youll be adding throttle when you dont want it. To far down and your wrist will hurt because to much angle. I like it for times like a previous poster said "you cant use cruise" If your running donw the slab at 70 and have traffic you prob wont have cruise connected, but these releve the tingle in the wrist that you get alot.

I have had one for years and would be uncomfortable riding without it. One problem you may encounter is it may creep some, according to what type grips you have. I ended up using some of the old cloth electrical tape that is sticky on both sides and wrapping it around the grip under the rocker.

RandyA

Similar thing happened to my wife. We were in a parking lot stopping for a soda and I hear the dreaded (racing engine) which always means a rider loosing it. Looked over and she was zigzagging thru the parking lot avoiding parked cars. Finally got it stopped. Went and checked on her and she was fine. She said the throttle stuck. I had just put it on for her a few days before and she had used it often. I tossed it in the trash. She never had that problem again. They work but can be dangerous especially to new or inexperienced riders. On several occasions on mine I had to remember it was there from unwanted acceleration. As an experienced rider I knew what to do in the first half a second it happened though. I tossed it away since I have Cruise Control.