IGNORED

I'm retired too

eagleeye

Yup, Jan 1 I retired, just like Dave.

When my fellow workers went back to work, I went ice fishing. Even caught some fish.

Now I'll do like Dave, whatever I want.

Started working in Jan of 1967, after I got out of the navy, and now I'll work at not working.

Steve

I retired 4-29-09 after 32 yrs with the same company. 18 months later I got a part time job because after all the honeydo's were done, I found myself getting bored sitting around. I love my wife dearly, but 24/7 was driving us both crazy ! She was doing this to me :buttkick: GO FIND SOMETHING TO DO !

It's nice knowing that I can say "I Quit" at any time, and my boss knows it too and takes it easy on me so I don't walk :big-grin-emoticon:

Yup, Jan 1 I retired, just like Dave.

When my fellow workers went back to work, I went ice fishing. Even caught some fish.

Now I'll do like Dave, whatever I want.

Started working in Jan of 1967, after I got out of the navy, and now I'll work at not working.

Steve

That really sucks!!!!! :crying:

I still gotta work 5 more f#%^## years to be retired. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Best of luck Steve and keep us poor working stiffs in mind when you are out fooling around with that Yooper guy. :missingtooth:

God's speed my friend!

Steve

aka Bubber

I retired June 2004, was 67 years young at the time. I've been asked if I have ever considered working again, even part-time. After so many 10 or 11 or 12 hour days in various factory jobs (from machinist to general foreman) there's no-o-o way I'd want to go back to work. I (we) don't have the largest retirement income in the world, but so far I haven't missed a meal. I feel I've earned the right to do nuthin' if I want to.

Me too! Been retired several years now. Always getting asked what do you do with all that free time. Well I'll tell ya. I get up in the morning and make my wife breakfast because she's still working. I wave goodbye to her in the driveway and then check the weather radar maps on HDTV. If the weather is good and it mostly is with 300 days of sunshine a year here in central Texas. I pick an area to ride within a 250 mile radius of where I live. Then I go into the garage and pick which bike I feel like riding today depending upon the area I choose to ride :biker: Then I ride for about 7-8hrs and try to beat my wife home and get dinner started so when she walks thru the door dinner isn't far behind. If it rains or too windy (20+mph) I work on the bikes or do housework even the laundry. Now and again the kids need me to watch the grandkids (which I adore) if daycare is closed, they're sick or whatever. When my wife is off we can takeoff and ride and not worry about the house or housework and enjoy just the two of us. She loves the little towns, shops, the B&B and mom&pop motels. I like traveling the back roads. Only problem is we need to move! I think I wore the 500 miles around us out :crackup: For us it works and we love it :happy34:

4/27/09 But it took getting ran over twice. I would love to go back and prove I could still handle it but I would have retired this year anyway!! Think I'll take a nap, or go chase the Warden!!Or go for a ride!1 Or.....:whistling::think:

Edited by Yammer Dan

Thanks for all of the good wishes. And Dan, try not to get run over again!

I'm still waiting for the best ever ancho pepper recipie.

The village brings me wood when they trim/cut down trees in the winter, and they're doing it now, so I'll have the time to get it cut up when they bring it in. I saw the crew and endloader go by this morning, so they must be cutting somewhere in town.

Just fried up some fresh bluegills and eggs for breakfast, and now getting my icefishing stuff sorted out from yesterday, and think I'll go back out this aft.

I have no one here to drive crazy, cept ME, and I've been that way for ever.

My dad said that he wanted to buy me breakfast some morning-I told him that I'd have to check my schedule. :)

Steve

Congrats! You will never regret retiring. I got out early and retired at 59. I have never been busier. I don't know how I ever found time to go to work. After retiring, I woke up one morning and noticed the alarm clock on the side table, I thought " what the heck is that doing there?". It went into the garbage.

Yep retirement is a good thing. Sure am enjoying mine. I don't miss those early am alarm clocks going off either. I keep busy enough piddling in the garage or riding if weather is good. Getting to spend more time with the family too. Grandkids in high school with the oldest graduating this spring. Time flys so enjoying them as much as we can.

Larry

Sailer,

That reminds me of my dad always asking me how I had time to work with all that I do, and my answer was always: I don't! (that was when I was working)

But now that I'm not working I still don't have time for work,--and--I don't care.

I took the alarm clock off of my night stand too, but then realized that when I have to get up early to go Ice fishing, I'll need it. :)

Flyingfool-----I thought that you were older than time:confused24:

Steve