IGNORED

Rear ended

Carbon_One

Joyce & I were heading for one of our local restaurants tonight and got rear ended by a young girl either going to fast and not paying attention or being distracted in some way. The only good thing was we were in our car instead of on the bike tonight. Joyce had twisted her ankle earlier in the day so was limping thus we took the car.

We had stopped for a traffic light and as it turned green I started to go and that was when she rammed her car into the back of my Kia Sorento. Even then it broke loose my spare tire from under the car and hit with enough force to flatten the bumper & bend my Curt hitch. It did a number on her car taking the entire front out.

It could have been worse I think if I hadn't been moving. Joyce did go to emergency to have her neck checked as she got a bit of whiplash. :headache: Docs are saying bruised muscles. I think she'll be sore in the morning.

One can't ever be vigilant enought it seems.

Larry

Guest scarylarry

Glad you are ok you and Joyce, seems to many accidents lately for me,

Ponch, you and couple I know in Florida cager pull out in front them he hit the front fender and she hit the rear corner panel..

Edited by scarylarry
Left out Joyce wasn't thinking

Just now saw your post. Glad you are all ok and Joyce is probably much sorer today. I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago. Stopped at a light and a guy coming off a 12 hr shift fell asleep and rear ended me. Thank GOD I was not on the bike either. You just never know what is going to happen. You can't always control the situation.

Don't know about your girl, but my guy only got a ticket for "following too close". He also did not have insurance in a state where it is mandatory...not sure what will happen there, but had to file a claim under MY insurance...the uninsured motorist fund. Had to pay a $200 deductible too. Totally mad about it. My insurance company will go after the guy to pay, but you can't make someone pay if they don't have any money.

Good luck Joyce and Larry and again...glad y'all weren't hurt any worse.

Pat and Don