IGNORED

Deployment

Monty

Heading out in a few to see my 2 Sons ship out for their 14 month deployment, which will take them to Kuwait and Afghanistan. They will be together, and I told them they had BETTER look out for each other. They will be going to Ft. Bliss, Texas first, for some training, then go overseas. We are so proud of our boys, but also a little worried. I'm sure they will come home safe to us, but there's still that worry in the back of your head. I think it will do them some good, and make better men out of them.

My heart and prayers go out to you in this trying time. My son just recently returned from Iraq the first part of June. I thank the Lord for his safe return as this is a very dangerous part of the world. I know you're going to be waiting for any word fom your "boys" as we were. If they have computor access there...get a camera for your boys and one for your computor and load up Skype..Even though you can't touch them you will be able to see and talk to them. I pray for their safe return...

My heart and prayers go out to you in this trying time. My son just recently returned from Iraq the first part of June. I thank the Lord for his safe return as this is a very dangerous part of the world. I know you're going to be waiting for any word fom your "boys" as we were. If they have computor access there...get a camera for your boys and one for your computor and load up Skype..Even though you can't touch them you will be able to see and talk to them. I pray for their safe return...

They are all fixed up. Both have laptops with webcams, and we all have Skype. We did a test run, and made sure everything works ahead of time.

First, a hearty thank you to them for their service! Very much appreciated!! And to you Dad, you must be VERY proud!

I am somewhat surprised that they will have them deploy together. My military carreer started in 1980 with the South African Forces and even back then they would not deploy siblings together. After that, in various other forms of military 'forces' I was part of, they had the same policy.

Brian

I HUGE thank you to them for their service. I have nothing but respect for any of our service men/women. They do a great thing for our county. I'm sure your sons will be safe and will come back perfectly fine and even better men than they are already.

Do not worry if you do not hear from them on a regular basis. My son is in Kuwait and actually should be home in a week. He is a combat medic in the Army National Guard. He has had internet connection problems while there. I do believe some of it has to do with alot of the guys playing online games during their off time. Sucks up the bandwidth? Plus the time differance and actually being able to get ahold of you. I know I am proud as hell of him. Tell your boys from me "Thank You".

I share your concerns, Monty. My son deploys next month for a Forward Operating Base (FOB Shank) in Afganistan. Hopefully he will stay out of harms way, and return safely.

Good luck to your sons, and thank them for their service in the Armed Forces.

Wow, 14 months at a time? How horrible!! You should be very proud of them and it's great they're going together. That's a long time to be away from home.

Thank your boys for doing an honorable job and we'll all be hoping they come home safe and sound.

Guest scarylarry

I wish them a safe trip back home....

Hopefully they will get a great job and support their parents....:rotf::rotf:

Edited by scarylarry