IGNORED

Riding boots that are made for motorcycle riders.

FuzzyRSTD

I once ask a question about riding boots and got this reply. Motorcycle riding boots that are made well should have a wide and thick sole with tall leather tops. Thick sole - to help protect from the very hot blacktop surface. Wide sole - to help stabilize you when stopped with a heavy bike. Tall leather tops - to protect you from the pipes and the motor heat.

I bought a pair of Harley Davidson boots and took the copper/brass emblem off from the side of the sole and replaced the emblem with another that a friend made for me that said Yamaha. They say HD on them high on the boot but it is covered by my pants.

I got a pair of Harley boots with the metal insignia on the side. I accidentally went into a store that had only womens shoes ( there was no indication on the front of the store in case you were wondering). When I went to leave they told me they had a pair of boots they had received by mistake and would sell cheap. They are really good boots and have lasted me for many years. A friend who is in the business tells me that Harley boots are made by Hush Puppy. No wonder they are so comfortable.

I got a pair of Harley boots with the metal insignia on the side. I accidentally went into a store that had only womens shoes ( there was no indication on the front of the store in case you were wondering). When I went to leave they told me they had a pair of boots they had received by mistake and would sell cheap. They are really good boots and have lasted me for many years. A friend who is in the business tells me that Harley boots are made by Hush Puppy. No wonder they are so comfortable.

I have to say that mine are not all that comfortable. I think they are one of the cheaper grades, but still they are not that great for comfort.

Fuzzy

It's tough finding a pair in my size, but I got lucky and found a pair of EMT boots with the side sipper.... Love 'm.... :thumbsup2:

Now that is a thought. I have always thought that the zipper type would be neat when removing and putting back on. My friend JD has a pair with zipper and he likes his, they are HD brand.

Fuzzy

I once had a pair of supposedly good boots that had the sole glued on. Needless to say heat from the bike caused the glue to melt and the sole to flop open at the toe. I now own a pair of HD branded boots with the toe stitched as it should be.

Mike

I use Dakota work boots they have the shoe lace flap on them. Great for the rain and have to use them for welding anyway, so it takes the heat from bike. Comfy as &^%$ . They also have the fiberglass ( i think ) shank along the bottom, great for the highway pegs, they don't dig in.

I once ask a question about riding boots and got this reply. Motorcycle riding boots that are made well should have a wide and thick sole with tall leather tops. Thick sole - to help protect from the very hot blacktop surface. Wide sole - to help stabilize you when stopped with a heavy bike. Tall leather tops - to protect you from the pipes and the motor heat.

I bought a pair of Harley Davidson boots and took the copper/brass emblem off from the side of the sole and replaced the emblem with another that a friend made for me that said Yamaha. They say HD on them high on the boot but it is covered by my pants.

I also have a pair of Dakota boots that are good but the best piai of riding boots for me are ones that have a softer rubber tread. The reason I like them best is because the VR is relatively top heavy and I feel safest with these boots with the better grip when I am "feet down".

I picked up a pair of SWAT boots at the Toronto motorcycle show. Very light and can wear them all day.

http://www.originalswat.com/productdetail.php?product_id=NTY=&category_id=MTA=

They look just like the pair of EMT's I bought off Ebay except the sole lugs aren't quite as agressive as those on the swats. The price is pretty decent. A couple of bucks more than what I paid. Thanks for the link it's a keeper. :thumbsup2:

After 23 years of wearing boots in the military thats still what I wear to ride, they are fairly comfortable but they are not cheap. Bates Durashocks there are several diffrent styles. I get them from the Exchange but you can google and find seveal retailers that sell them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I picked up a pair of SWAT boots at the Toronto motorcycle show. Very light and can wear them all day.

http://www.originalswat.com/productdetail.php?product_id=NTY=&category_id=MTA=

The label on the boots says "waterproof" and on the way back from the WNY rally I confirmed that they ARE waterproof and NOT "water resistent".

Very comfortable boots as I often ride to work in them and leave them on all day at my office job. Light weight, good soles, side zipper and laces in front. Even when it has been really hot out I've worn them and haven't felt hot in them.

I have a pair of side zip Harley short boots that I use when it gets cooler. Unfortunately, I have very wide feet and finding women's boots or men's that can pass for women's that fit is really, really difficult for me. These boots are super comfy and look brand new but have been worn a lot.

In the heat, I ride in my sneakers - my feet burn and itch when they get too hot. I love it when it cools off and I can wear my boots and leathers and be comfortable.

I'm another Bates boots wearer. I have two pair, standard 6' lace ups and a pair of 8" with inside zipper. Both are water proof as well but I have gotten water in over the top of the 6" ones once due to hitting a puddle and the rear wheel of the trike throwing the water forward. The 8" are also lightly insulated so these are my cold weather boots.

Larry

I wear Terra light black work boots. They have a zipper on the side instead of laces and are very comfortable. Once a year I leave them in the hot sun for a day and apply snow seal [it is a product which is mostly bees wax] until the leather will not soak up any more and I have never had wet feet. Using a hair dryer or setting boots in a preheated oven then turned off works well too. In the past I have had similiar results using mink oil or vaseline, but the the snow seal seems to work the best. I have also wondered about the long term effect of vaseline on leather since it is petrolium based but personally have not experienced any bad results.

Edited by saddlebum