IGNORED

not doing so good

oldgoat

about 3 weeks ago i came down with terrible gout attack. this attack went from my right foot to both knees then both ankles. my sister came in one day to check in on me. and i was leaning slumped over my walker. she could not wake me. ambulance and emt arrived emt.s had a hard time waking me . ambulance attendent placed me on the gurney. while laying flat i came too.. so this is what they found. after 2 weeks in the hospitial.

#1 gout caused an infection in my right kidney causeing it to shut down. had 3 pints of blood put into me. infection made me pee blood.

#2 reduced my blood preasure meds because while sitting i would drop down to 85/60. and would pass out. standing would rush it back up to 190/120. again i would just pass out. now with adjustment in meds im at 135/90 not great but under controll and no passing out.#3 this all caused an attack to my leggs most likely MS flair up? i can no longer hold myself up. i have trouble walking. im useing a walker and takeing baby steps.

pain shoots down both legs. so i will be seeing a pain management doctor. then some kind of doctor who will work on the back and do some kind of nerve block? then back injections. i cant drive my car as i cant feel the foot controlls. i have PT 2 times a day at home. and food brought in as i cant even stand up long enough to make something. i cant get into my shower. so its sit on a comode. inside a plastic tub. and do a wash down by the kitchen sink. the PT nurse will empty it when she comes. so that,s how im doing. weak a little scared. but determend to beat this attack back into admission.

You're a tough oldgoat, James. I know you'll be ready to ride when the weather gets warmer. You might even suit up and go for a cold weather run before long. Eat healthy, take your meds, listen to the Doc and Nurse, keep your faith, and look forward to riding this season.:thumbsup:

Glenn

about 3 weeks ago i came down with terrible gout attack. this attack went from my right foot to both knees then both ankles. my sister came in one day to check in on me. and i was leaning slumped over my walker. she could not wake me. ambulance and emt arrived emt.s had a hard time waking me . ambulance attendent placed me on the gurney. while laying flat i came too.. so this is what they found. after 2 weeks in the hospitial.

#1 gout caused an infection in my right kidney causeing it to shut down. had 3 pints of blood put into me. infection made me pee blood.

#2 reduced my blood preasure meds because while sitting i would drop down to 85/60. and would pass out. standing would rush it back up to 190/120. again i would just pass out. now with adjustment in meds im at 135/90 not great but under controll and no passing out.#3 this all caused an attack to my leggs most likely MS flair up? i can no longer hold myself up. i have trouble walking. im useing a walker and takeing baby steps.

pain shoots down both legs. so i will be seeing a pain management doctor. then some kind of doctor who will work on the back and do some kind of nerve block? then back injections. i cant drive my car as i cant feel the foot controlls. i have PT 2 times a day at home. and food brought in as i cant even stand up long enough to make something. i cant get into my shower. so its sit on a comode. inside a plastic tub. and do a wash down by the kitchen sink. the PT nurse will empty it when she comes. so that,s how im doing. weak a little scared. but determend to beat this attack back into admission.

Sorry to hear about the problems your having at this time. Like others have advised, do not give up, take you meds and listen to your doctors. Our prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery. DanC

well the gout is almost out of my system.

there just trying to find out why i cant hold myself up/ there is now power in the legs from the hips to the knees. and the ankles are weak. this could be from my MS. im on a ton of meds. seems like you have to take 2 to counter the efects of the one that should help you. it takes about 5 minutes to pull myself up to a standing postion. then i use the walker. and try to walk the distance of my small apartment. i do this every 2 hrs. this takes me 10 minutes to move around a very small distance. the PT nurse says im moving a little faster. but not verry stable yet. its like you know your standing but cant get full feeling in the legs. then the back pain comes. dead cent of the lower back. i had a MRI back in 2009and it showed a slight buldge in the ls1 and ls5 area? this is by the tail bone.

next week back injections start again. then steroid treatment to help rebuild muscle loss in the legs? if i cant ride this year im content with that. health comes first.

as for MD cager are welcome . and im sure there is help to get an oldgoat. moving around with a walker.