IGNORED

Thanks to ALL who attended Maintenance Day

Freebird

Folks, I'm sorry but I just don't have the energy right now to go through all the post about Maintenance Day. Will try to do it tomorrow night when I get to my hotel. I do want to thank all who attended though. It was our true pleasure to host this even again this year and we had a fantastic time.

Not sure if anybody got a count or not. I heard numbers as high at 130 bikes and probably close to 200 people at one time or another. I just know that how EVER many it was...they used a LOT of toilet paper. :)

The only folks left here now are GaryN and Mary and they will be pulling out tomorrow morning.

What a great bunch this is. I'm truly humbled by the kindness and genuine goodness of our members here. For those of you who have never made this event or one of our many others, you have no idea what you are missing.

Good Night all.

This was my 1st MD as well and I had an absolutely great time. I rode down and back with a great bunch of people, and met a great bunch of people once I got there, Many of whom I had often chatted with on chat such as yama moma ( who for some reason I thought was blonde (no pun intended)and wasn't but was definitly a warm and friendly person.Minimuffin ( who I some how thought would be taller :think: :rotfl:) An obviously fun loving person full of mischief. Lonna whos infamous cheese cakes I finally got to sample (hope I didn't cut into your action to severly Big Tom:innocent-emoticon: ) Squidly Who I found out actually only has 2 tennn ahh I mean arms' who should hire himself out as a professional MC Great job Squidly,Of course Bongobobny was there handing out spare parts a man with not just a golden bike but a heart of gold as well ,And A real big hand :dancefool:to all the guy's working on others bikes ((a special thanks to Carl (aka Marcarl) who helped me out with some of my issues)) they were all just an awsome bunch of guys.

Last but not least an Extra Special thanks to Don and Eileen for all thier hospitality and efforts. It was agreat honour to finally after all these years meet you both (And Don somehow I thought you would be shorter but you are actually one tall drink of water, OOPS did I say WATER:rotfl:)

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR EVERYTHING DON AND EILEEN:thumbsup2:

Edited by saddlebum

Sounds like a great opportunity that I had to miss because of the distance. Would be nice if there was a MD in the northwest. I am a new 2gen RSV owner and have alot of questions but most just iquiries. Maybe some time I can join the event.

Folks, I'm sorry but I just don't have the energy right now to go through all the post about Maintenance Day. Will try to do it tomorrow night when I get to my hotel. I do want to thank all who attended though. It was our true pleasure to host this even again this year and we had a fantastic time.

Not sure if anybody got a count or not. I heard numbers as high at 130 bikes and probably close to 200 people at one time or another. I just know that how EVER many it was...they used a LOT of toilet paper. :)

The only folks left here now are GaryN and Mary and they will be pulling out tomorrow morning.

What a great bunch this is. I'm truly humbled by the kindness and genuine goodness of our members here. For those of you who have never made this event or one of our many others, you have no idea what you are missing.

Good Night all.

Sorry we missed saying g'bye to y'all Don, we had a wee bit of a trip up to Westlake to the motel.....gonna have to work on that next year. AWESOME weekend!!! We stopped at an auto parts supplier just this side of Toledo, and they did not have the triple pack of gauges in stock in chrome......but I know what to look for now. Hope to have a set on the bike before too long.

Great time!!! You hit the nail on the head when you said that if you haven't been to one of these doooooos....you really don't know what you are missing!! Looking forward to next time...

randy and beth:bowdown:

Your the one that deserves the thanks Don. Every year so far it has grown exponantially and you keep saying we'll do it next year. Thank you to both you and Eileen for allowing us to invade your home and share a part of your life with us. Some folks will never know how hard everyone in your family works to pull this off, Dylan, Tony and Terry included.

We had a great weekend and just for the record, this is the spring rally and this weekend is the biggest rally that VR.org has ever had. You folks are the best and I am so glad that Heather, Lonna and I were able to attend. Thanks again for all you do for us Don

:happy34:

My first MD - What an event !!!! Thanks Squidley for the carb tune that I didn't need. So many people I wanted to meet but didn't. Didn't have a clue who was who and I wanted to but failed to meet Mrs DON (Eileen) because any woman that would let a couple hundred bikers run thru her home year after year deserves as much applause as anybody.

Simply put - Thank You Don and Eileen and all of the "mechanics" that made another successful MD such a GREAT event for all !!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you Don for having us over. Who were all those other people though.

We had a great time. I think I have one other spot left on the bike for a small roll of toilet paper. Maybe over the antenna.

Yama Mama:big-grin-emoticon:

Damn Don, that's more bikes and heads then on Ft. Collins international. Good job boss. And thank you for hiting rev limiter on my Strat. :rotf::rotf: She is not virgin anymore. :1hotsht:

Not gonna say it, not gonna!! :rotf:

Thanks Don, it was my third time, Marca's first time, and she says, yep I see everybody was thoroughly enjoying themselves and I even got to meet Don again.

It was awesome, soo many good people, from all walks of life, just being together and enjoying a bit of time on equal ground. I just don't know who let Squidley out of his tent,, I thought we had him placed pretty good, but then he snuck out,,, oh well not your fault Don,,we loved every minute of and even the ride there and back will be remembered. We met some really great people, and re-met some we had met before.

SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR.

Carl

Don you and Eileen are the best. I guess next year we should all bring at least one roll of toilet paper each. Ya know how much we love ya boss and your boss. I know I met some new people but I'll have a hard time getting names and faces together. So if I meet you and call you someone else's name just go with it.

Oh Don that wasn't me really that got ya. It was some evil twin.:rotf::rotf:

Margaret

Thanks for another GREAT MD, even though I spent most of MY time in the garage working on my own bike, I still tried to help others. I want to also thank Muffin and Squid, Lowell, Earl (Skydoc17). Rick Butler (the rebuilt back-pad works great!), Marcarl (sorry I didn't get to meet Marca!) and all the others who helped me from time to time! Lets see---- Fuse block shot, stator gone (who knew Muffin carried a stator with him?), oil change Sunday morning, cab service by Squidley........... all in one weekend!

And the highlight---- meeting Jonas and seeing how they do it across the pond! Bring on the "Black Death"!!!

Dan

Karen and I had a great time. :thumbsup:

We met so many great folks.:bighug:

I didn't know till this morning that it's now the biggest VR rally ever, (and we got to be a part of it!!:thumbsup2:!).

We got home about 8 last night (ya, we let Dan :buttkick: drag us back through Chicago:beersign:).

Guess they should have put a string of bells around BongoBob's bike as well (glad you're OK:2132:).

Looking forward to attending again next year(if we can find a long way around Chicago:soapbox:).

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

PS. I've got all day to figure out again how to add two more states to the map:smash2:

This was my first MD, and it was awesome. I tried to meet as many people as possible, and that was the highlight for me, to say nothing of all the different bikes.

Don, when I saw all of the empty toilet paper rolls in the bathroom on Sun am, I just laughted, reminded me of when there were women at my house.:Laugh:

The food was nothing short of great, and Lanna's cheese cake? THE BEST!!!

Thank you for having us all there, and I couldn't imaging having a better weekend!

and---even rode home in NO RAIN, (and went around Chicago)

Steve

even rode home in NO RAIN, (and went around Chicago)

Smart Man, we'll be looking into a different route next time. But, we did miss all the rain as well. Cinderalla must have been farther south.

Nice meeting you Steve, and we'll look you up next time we head west.

Later, Scooter Bob

Looks like a great time. I had my own good time at my sons graduation party which was planned before I ever heard of MD and was disappointed that I was not going to be able to be there. Hope this continues next year . If it does is it always the first weekend in June or is it a selected date? Just would like to mark the date before the calendar starts to fill. Hope the pictures keep coming in it is great to see all the RSV's I rarely ever see another on the road.:clap2::happy65:

My first Maintenance Day as well. Incredible sight to see, and awesome to experience all the bikes, commoradere and wealth of knowledge from everyone.

Don, thank you and your wife for a wonderful day. The food was spectacular, along with everything else.

I didn't get to personally say good bye to you as you where so busy with many others wanting your time, so I thought the best thing I could do was to just leave so you may soon get some time on your own.

Thank you again

Dave (Dogman)

Guest Swifty

Friday:Laugh::scratchchin::cold:

Saturday:thumbsup2::fishin::rasberry::scubadive:Eck's:7_6_3[1]::clap2:Dan's:7_2_102[1]::happy65:

Sunday:cold: :depressed: :yikes: :sun:

...that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Thanks a whole bunch, Don.:sign outstanding:

Don,

I too want to thank you and your entire family for hosting such a wonderful event. Had a blast. Worked on a few bikes and had lots of time to meet & greet with family.

I arrived back home (Monday) after spending a night in KY.

I found that this is the way to do the MD trip by taking two days up and two days back.

It sure makes me feel better and I am not slap worn out..

Look forward to doing it again next year, but i will not be staying at Motel 6............

Another thanks here Don. We appreciate all of the effort that goes into the event and it was fantastic as usual. Mary enjoyed her first MD too! :happy34: Just sorry we had to run so early. Hope we can plan better time-off planning next year.