IGNORED

Wife on Board

Shot

I have had motorcycles for years but my bride is scared to death to ride. I bought the 2004 Royal Star Venture in December; yesterday and today it was over 70 degrees and I got her to ride with me. The bigger bike and comfort has sold her; I now have a partner. She already wants the leather jacket.:banana:

Well this is great new..:clap2:

I wouldnt let my guard down and show off while she is on it and scare her now..:whistling:

I think I would let her learn to enjoy it and build her confidence level up before I jump on it or lean real far in a curve...:thumbsup2:

Hay thats great and go EZ for the first few rides until she gets used to it. I have been trying to teach my wife to ride the Yamaha 650 V-Star I have and its slow going.

My wife wouldn't even sit on my 650 V-Star so I bought a 1100 V-Star. That got her attention and she said perhaps. I took her to our local Yamaha showroom and had her try out an RSV. That was the answer. I went shopping on Ebay, found one in Virginia and bought it.

This all happened in a 4 month period.

My wife wouldn't even consider plunking her behind on my CB 750, five years ago, but then I bought the 85 Venture. Two weeks later she was ready with helmet and coat to go for a ride. She still doesn't care for leaning over but she likes the curves and hills, but "is there any reason that we need to lean so much in a curve"? Getting her a communicator headset helped an awful lot, I now tell her when I plan to pass and do some funny things, she do not like surprises.

Congrats, Shot. Glad to hear that she enjoyed the ride.

On this side, my son is looking forward to get some ride time with me. I told him we are going to get 2 Nolan 103's with headsets and he is really looking forward to it. Now I need to get him a small leather jacket to match...:banana: our attire.

Ride Safe.

Not only is it great to have a riding partner, but having an extra set of eyes is a Godsend..Taters has saved our butt more than once..She has a nack for spotting deer long before I do.. while I'm busy watching the road, she scans the fields to the right and left for the speed beef....If the bike leaves the garage..99 out of 100 times Taters is with me...She calles it HER BIKE while I'm just the chauffer..I don't mind at all...:doh:

When I had my 1st gen and my 2002 Vic TC, the wife didn't care to ride much. Especially on the Vic, as it was too harsh a ride for her dainty hinder-parts. Long story short: replaced the 1st gen after a rear-end crash, and sold the Vic, and bought a 2007 RSV. The bride loves the comfort of the RSV, and during warm weather, it is she who initiates the discussion on taking a ride. I have a different wife...same woman, just a different wife. Worth the investment in the 2nd gen.:Venture:

My wife is also a "rider, not a driver" (her words). We don't have the headsets but a few hand signals. When I take my left hand and wave forward and down, thats universal for "hold on and shut up, wide open throttle about to take place". When I get the slap upside the head, that means " you leaned over a little too far in that corner". I figure if I hear the footpeg drag, better get ready for the slap! Pretty much all the communication you need!

My wife was good for about 5miles on my Shadow, then she started squrming and adjusting, I sent her a pic of a Pillow top seat on an `01 RSV and she baught the hole Bike... now she loves to ride and has fallen asleep a time or 2. I have a freind that has an `02 Vic. TC, I rode it about 20 miles, couldn`t wait to get off of it, nastiest ride I have ever been on..

When I had my 1st gen and my 2002 Vic TC, the wife didn't care to ride much. Especially on the Vic, as it was too harsh a ride for her dainty hinder-parts. Long story short: replaced the 1st gen after a rear-end crash, and sold the Vic, and bought a 2007 RSV. The bride loves the comfort of the RSV, and during warm weather, it is she who initiates the discussion on taking a ride. I have a different wife...same woman, just a different wife. Worth the investment in the 2nd gen.:Venture:

my wife is also a "rider, not a driver" (her words). We don't have the headsets but a few hand signals. When i take my left hand and wave forward and down, thats universal for "hold on and shut up, wide open throttle about to take place". When i get the slap upside the head, that means " you leaned over a little too far in that corner". I figure if i hear the footpeg drag, better get ready for the slap! Pretty much all the communication you need!

right !!! !!!

My wife never really enjoyed riding so cycling just fell by the way for us. Upon her retirement, she informed me we needed a motorcycle, well color me ecstatic, as long as she was comfortable. Somtimes it is beneficial to listen to what she says.

Mike

I have had motorcycles for years but my bride is scared to death to ride. I bought the 2004 Royal Star Venture in December; yesterday and today it was over 70 degrees and I got her to ride with me. The bigger bike and comfort has sold her; I now have a partner. She already wants the leather jacket.:banana:

My wife was also nervous about riding. Take it very easy with her this summer. Let her learn how fun it is . She will find out your a safe rider and become more relaxed with each ride. Stopping at state parks, walking around holding hands and paying her lots of attention also helps, she will soon learn that bike ride is associated with attention, and for some reason they like that.:whistling: After awhile you'll be able to twist the throttle more and more and scrape a few pegs. Just be ready for that helmet slap.:rotf:Someday I'll have to tell you about how my wife's hand was briused after about 5 miles of twisties.

• 3 weeks later...
.:rotf:Someday I'll have to tell you about how my wife's hand was briused after about 5 miles of twisties.

My 79 yr old mum has decided that after 4 years of telling me I'm nuts for going back to riding a bike after 25+ years, she wants to go riding with me. Well, I won't let her on my 650. No sissy bar and no way to help her stay on. But when I get my Venture, knowing her, that sore hand is definite possibility !:sign67:

About 40 years ago. She said If I didn't teach her it was the big "D". Yes dear:bowdown:.

Then we have 2 kids, one each for our 2 bikes. Only 2 drivers so I get a vasectomy. :2132:

She drives off and on for years. I buy her more bikes:mo money:

Since she retires, we decide we need a tourer, bought a BMW :mo money::mo money:she hated it :happy65:so did I.

Now she has her own pristine 98 Virago 1100 but never uses it:think:

She will get on the back of the Venture when I :stickpoke:

But get her on one the 2 Gixxers and she is :yikes: scary fast

Can't live with um, can't live without um :innocent: