IGNORED

Rear Tire Safe or not.

Me neither.

My Kawasaki ZN700 was 24 years old when I bought it. It only had 1,054 miles on it and the original tires looked almost like new with no cracks or signs of aging. I did ride it about 300 miles sometimes with my wife on the back before I had new tires installed.

Fessing up. Remember, I just got on it for the first time on Monday and I haven't had a bike to ride in 5 years...

Took a little 120 mile excursion last evening on that tire. 93 degrees out, 75 MPH max for 20 miles. 30 miles of curving blacktop, 45-55 MPH after missing a very large Doe by 6 feet. Then home again. Now I feel Blessed and anxious to get new tire!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This one?

https://www.amazon.com/Shinko-777-Rear-Tire-Blackwall/dp/B00T6J69ZG

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I put the shinko 230 tourmasters on front and rear of my 89. Put the 777hd on the rear of the VStar. Will be putting a pair of 777hds on the RSV.

I think the 230 is about the best tire you can put on a 1st Gen. No, it will not give the mileage if you run heavy like cowpuc. But I have close to 9k on mine and they still look great. I like them because they ride smooth and stick like glue, rain or shine, and are a great value!

I believe the 777hds have most of the stickiness plus are better for mileage, which is why they are going on the heavier RSV. I'm impressed with Shinko.

Totally agree with my buddy @videoarizona ! I put the shinko 230's on my 1986 Venture Royale for my cross country trip from Calgary Canada to Phoenix Arizona and back and they performed flawlessly. They are economical (aka cheap to buy), great in the wet, and so far have been wearing very well on my Venture. Plus they were easy to spoon on the rims and balance all by my self! I would, and will buy another set of Shinko's in a heart beat, actually already have for the BMW K1200LT.

I suggest you get a set (and quickly) if you want to enjoy your bike on the street based on the pictures you sent!!!!! If you won't do it for yourself do it for all of us reading your thread.....we worry about your safety brother! Stay safe!

I put the shinko 230 tourmasters on front and rear of my 89. Put the 777hd on the rear of the VStar. Will be putting a pair of 777hds on the RSV.

I think the 230 is about the best tire you can put on a 1st Gen. No, it will not give the mileage if you run heavy like cowpuc. But I have close to 9k on mine and they still look great. I like them because they ride smooth and stick like glue, rain or shine, and are a great value!

I believe the 777hds have most of the stickiness plus are better for mileage, which is why they are going on the heavier RSV. I'm impressed with Shinko.