Jump to content
IGNORED

If you have a vehicle passing you on the right hand side you’re in the wrong $@$)&@;:&/ lane!


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, N3FOL said:

...that other car passing you on the right may be going 50 mph over the posted speed limit.  :confused24:

 

Even if the other car is speeding, if they can pass you on the right(on a 4 lane highway) you are in the wrong lane.

I suppose the laws may be different from state to state, but most places the left lane is for passing only.

Edited by luvmy40
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In KY our road signs say “keep right except to pass” and we mean it. Drive in the left lane here and your rear view mirror will be full of a redneck running up your tailpipe.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

When I'm in a more rural area I honor the Left lane for passing but here in Houston - on the bike I only want to monitor 6 jerks instead of 9.  5 - 8 lanes of traffic and Everybody is already tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic at 80MPH. In the pickup I'm still not OK in the middle lanes.  If you are in that big of a hurry you should have gotten your lazy but out of bed sooner. 

Edited by bpate4home
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, luvmy40 said:

Even if the other car is speeding, if they can pass you on the right(on a 4 lane highway) you are in the wrong lane.

I suppose the laws may be different from state to state, but most places the right lane is for passing only.

You sure you didn't mean to say left lane is for passing.

Last time I was in Germany I was told by my wife's uncle that on the Autobahn in Germany and Holland If a cop sees a vehicle has to pass you on the right your the one who gets the 600 euro ticket. Same hold s true if you stay put in the left most lane and refuse to move over for faster moving vehicles, it is required that you move right and get out of the way of the  faster vehicle approaching from behind

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, saddlebum said:

You sure you didn't mean to say left lane is for passing.

Last time I was in Germany I was told by my wife's uncle that on the Autobahn in Germany and Holland If a cop sees a vehicle has to pass you on the right your the one who gets the 600 euro ticket. Same hold s true if you stay put in the left most lane and refuse to move over for faster moving vehicles, it is required that you move right and get out of the way of the  faster vehicle approaching from behind

Indeed. That is what I meant and have since corrected my post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pro procrastinator said:

What i have problems with are the safety drivers who pass you and pull even with the transport ahead of you and proceed to sit there for the next 50 miles

That’s the kind of thing people get shot over.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand yes during rush hour and anomalous accidents there are times that it happens.  But on I15 from Vegas to salt lake mid day during the week with no car in front of said vehicles in either lane.  You’re in the wrong lane!  Even if I’m going 10-15 over in an 80 zone, nowhere I needed to be sooner, just wasting gas I get the left lane to pass, then back to the right lane when passing is over.  Sorry rant over again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Pro procrastinator said:

What i have problems with are the safety drivers who pass you and pull even with the transport ahead of you and proceed to sit there for the next 50 miles

:bang head:

or enter a highway doing 2/3rds of the highway speed instead coming up to speed on the ramp prior to merging on the highway.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, saddlebum said:

:bang head:

or enter a highway doing 2/3rds of the highway speed instead coming up to speed on the ramp prior to merging on the highway.

This one drives me crazy! Here in WI we have on ramps so long you could get a F@#$%ng bicycle up to merging speed, but most jackasses mosey down 20 mph below.  Also, if the offramp is 1/2 a mile long, you do not need to brake in the right lane before exiting! (Thanks for letting me bitch, guys) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It is sad that there are many drivers do not know the rules of the road , and there are many who just do not care ...It might help if the traffic court would throw the book at the so called ,,,I don't know and I don't care drivers...We have short piece of 4 lane between 2 little cities here in Manitoba .....It easy to tell who knows how to drive and who does not 

Edited by larrydr
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right I would like to drive anywhere ...My doctor handed me a medical suspension on April 1rst and Last I heard it will last till September ...This all because of medication screw up between the doctors and the pharmacist  ...And of course the government agency that handles all licenses and insurance say that they will enforce this suspension to the fullest ...If.I do not comply I will spend some time in jail ... The medical exam has to be done by 3 different doctors at a cost of $90.00 each time which I have to pay ...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In order to avoid any road rage, I stay on the right lane(s).  Most of the vehicles I pass on the left are the ones that travel well below the speed limit.  Be safe and enjoy your rides.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...