IGNORED

Yamaha Part three

slowrollwv

Don't think i heard them mention shaft drive either. If it is to be, IF, it is to be a new real long distance touring motorcycle, not just a remake of current lineup, I would expect 4 or more jugs, liquid cooled (not just the heads), and shaft drive. I know many of you will disagree.

With today's emissions requirements fuel injection is required and I feel sure it will be liquid cooled, once again IF it happens.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides something like Pathfinder would have to be an Indian rite?

That would already be a registered trademark of Nissan dating back to when they entered the SUV market. Doesn't mean Yamaha couldn't use it on a motorcycle. We had Chevrolet Venture mini-vans and Yamaha Venture motorcycles at the same time period.

Edited by RSTDdog

So...whatever name Yamaha would use has to already be trademarked and available globally.

For the "Venture" name see https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark?id=0647952&lang=eng&tab=reg

- https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark?id=1678358&lang=eng&tab=reg

- and https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark?id=1678358&lang=eng&tab=reg for the Venture Royal emblem design.

You can do the same thing for any of the motor vehicle names - Vmax - https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark?id=0798995&lang=eng&tab=reg

Journey ? NOTHING found.

If you want to try the same thing... go to https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/home?lang=eng

For criteria, click on the drop down for search field choose "Trademark" and for search criteria put in whatever name you think Yamaha is going to use. Click the button for "Add another search criteria" and for search field choose "Current owner name" and for search criteria put in "Yamaha"

I did a search with just "Current owner name" being Yamaha and it came back with 655 documents. I didn't skim thru them all.

They aren't calling it "Journey". Venture...it is.

Interesting site from Canada. There are 9 active registered trademarks for the word Journey. None belong to Yamaha. One of the them Belongs to Fiat Chrysler (FCA) aka Dodge Journey. That would not preclude Yamaha from using it on a motorcycle IMO. The Yamaha Venture Motorcycle and Chevrolet Venture Mini Van existed concurrently for a period of time. We also know that manufacturers can call vehicles different names in different markets (Honda ST1100 USA- It was the Pan European -everywhere else in the world). Considering how well Yamaha has kept this under wraps, any trademark applications could be well hidden or through a company they own, for instance whatever Vendor supplies their emblems. They can change the trademark ownership once the bike is officially released. I still think it will be called Journey. Just too many references to it plus what appears to be a logo. I have been wrong before.

Sooo,,, :icon_lurker:,,,, is anyone going to the unveiling:178:??? Tip, Tweeks and I went to the Indian unveiling at the Sturgis Rally in '13 (COME ON!! and THIS is a YAMAHA!!) = what a blast!! Did a quick snap of distance from here to Lake George in New York,,, shooooooot,,, 12 hours and we could be there,,,, got me thinking... Be a shame to get out there and have Mom Yam not produce a Touring scoot with a new V-Max motor stuffed in er BUT - would also be a shame to be sittin here staring at a 12 inch computer screen watching the Lady (Mom Yam) pull a rabbit out of a hat and be trying to see it - miss all the good stuff so to speak.... Besides,,,,,,, what if we got out there on Tweeksis and those folks out there fell in love with er and they offered us a new tour with the max motor on an even swap??? Orrrr,,,,,, even were offering test rides (they did that with the Injuns in '13)???

Got me thinkin here Roller..... Got me thinkin here......

Has anyone looked "closely" at the logo here?

journey-further.jpg

Look really closely at the "O" in Journey.....does anyone else pick up the V at the bottom of it?? V stands for Venture.......I have to think they are going to resurrect the name. At lease this is the logic I've used to convince myself of that fact. I will be upset if they don't.

On another note, it's a 500 mile round trip from my house to Americade, I have put out some feelers to see if I can get someone to head out there with me, I would like to be there and see it with my own eyes, and maybe even get up close and personal with it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109185

Look really closely at the "O" in Journey.....does anyone else pick up the V at the bottom of it?? V stands for Venture.......I have to think they are going to resurrect the name. At lease this is the logic I've used to convince myself of that fact. I will be upset if they don't.

On another note, it's a 500 mile round trip from my house to Americade, I have put out some feelers to see if I can get someone to head out there with me, I would like to be there and see it with my own eyes, and maybe even get up close and personal with it.

No thats actually the common map symbol for your destination on google maps. All the talk is about the destination and going further.

Ya know, as usual, Ole Puc brings up a good point. Somebody from our group needs to take one for the team and go to Lake George and get some relevant pictures of this machine. If I wasn't 21hrs and 8 states away, I'd sure as heck be there.

Surely some of our members that are....let's say....within a few hundred miles from there would want to go put eyes on it for us.

BL

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109185

And I thought the "V" was because it will be a V engine.:confused24:

And I thought the "V" was because it will be a V engine.:confused24:

No its because when yamaha made a deal with Victory to build there new cruiser. So we get maybe a release date and a 1 bike per dealer roll out before they have to redesign, so we are without a bike for another 4 years.

I think it looks goodhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170517/0f0ddbb067fb47e73e3db7f5d3e4da0e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The lower picture....is that the back end of the trunk? Certainly matches the "spy shots".

Looking at the pictures of the bike....first picture of the bike...the exhaust is coming off the back side of the motor...what's the shiny part in front of the drivers leg? Chrome head? Air intake? Exhaust?

I'm going with it being the V-Max motor in the new bike.

Edited by XV1100SE

I keep telling you, your not seeing the real bike in these pictures. These test bikes have fake plastic covers on the fairing and other key parts to keep us from seeing the real deal. Same thing they do with test cars. these are prototypes, if you look at the picture of the silver trunk you will see that there is some subtle changes.

I think it looks goodhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170517/0f0ddbb067fb47e73e3db7f5d3e4da0e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If you look at the back of the backrest in the third pic, it looks like the old venture symbol from 1st Gen?!

I keep telling you, your not seeing the real bike in these pictures. These test bikes have fake plastic covers on the fairing and other key parts to keep us from seeing the real deal. Same thing they do with test cars. these are prototypes, if you look at the picture of the silver trunk you will see that there is some subtle changes.

Steamer,

I gotta tell ya; the only subtle changes I'm seeing is the silver paint. Oh, and the antenna.

What subtle changes in that trunk are you talking about?

Big Lenny

If you look at the back of the backrest in the third pic, it looks like the old venture symbol from 1st Gen?!

GOOD EYE BROTHER:thumbsup::thumbsup:!! Folks should take a really really close look at what Mabe is talking about = grab a magnifying glass - that is DEFINITELY the good ole Venture symbol most of us ADORE = YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWW I think its gonna happen!!

Just had another procedure done today,, didnt know how I would be feeling afterwards but doing ok.. REALLY considering hopping over to Lake George NY for the unveiling on the 5th (still dependant on health) - have done several unveils in the past (most recent Daytona for Indian engine and Sturgis for the bike in '13) and ALWAYS fun to participate. Looks like a straight shot across Mi, Canada - thru Niagra falls and over to Lake George.. Ride appears to be about 12 hours. 16 hour days in the saddle use to be average for us BUT = still having issues with tiredness hitting pretty hard at indiscriminate times - thinking leaving Sunday - drop tent along the route about half way (6 hour ride = lunch break ride for most of you lop eared varmints) - easily make Lake George by 7 pm Monday the 5th..

This could be history in the making - gotta go if at all possible!!

[/b]

Steamer,

I gotta tell ya; the only subtle changes I'm seeing is the silver paint. Oh, and the antenna.

What subtle changes in that trunk are you talking about?

Big Lenny

The back of the black trunk and tail light is v shaped, it come to a point in the middle of the trunk. the silver trunk is straight across the back. the tail light is also straight. the silver trunk has less lines and angles.