IGNORED

Membership Subscriptions Expiring emails

Freebird

Folks, I got a message from a member here telling me that his subscription is about to expire. That concerns me because his membership is good through April of next year and the automated reminders here do NOT go out until a few days before your memberships expire. Has anybody else here gotten such an email way ahead of your expiration date?

If so, please let me know. It causes me to wonder if somebody is attempting to scam our members.

If'n I don't remember my expiry date (therefor my renewal date), is there a way to find it here on the site? It may be obvious, but it's easier to ask the boss. Asking also lets the boss puff up his chest because he is so-o-o-o smart. :stirthepot:

edit message---Hey, I found it! Right at the bottom of my "STATISTICS". That was pretty easy. Oh yeh, no expiration notice, thought I was getting one but it was a notice about my classified ad about to expire.

Edited by Mel
more to say

You can also go to the UserCP. Scroll down to where it says "Paid Subscriptions" in the left menu. Click on that and it will show your start date and the expiration date.

There you go... one-uppping me again ... you're just too danged quick for me fella! :stickpoke:

his membership is good through April of next year and the automated reminders here do NOT go out until a few days before your memberships expire.

At first I thought maybe there was just confusion as to which is which...month/day/year or day/month year 4/10/12 or 10/04/12...but that doesn't explain why an email would go out early.

Dang give a guy the best 6 yrs of your life and it's not good enough. :whistling: Typical guy. :crackup::rotf::rotf::crackup::crackup::rotf:

Margaret

Ouch!!!

The last time a gal gave the best 6 years of her life she took 25 off mine. :smile5::rotf::rotf:

I'll be running now....... :eek:

Jackson*

(The name has been changed to protect the one that will probably get beat up)

The boss is right AGAIN, as he should be. When I go to my profile, statistics, join date, what it shows is my join date, imagine that! Using the user CP and looking at PAID SUBSCRIPTION, subscription date is different, shows when last paid and when due, has nuthin to do with join date.

The boss is right AGAIN, as he should be. When I go to my profile, statistics, join date, what it shows is my join date, imagine that! Using the user CP and looking at PAID SUBSCRIPTION, subscription date is different, shows when last paid and when due, has nuthin to do with join date.

So... if I pay my subscription early.... does the year start from that date or just carries on from my anniversary date?

For example... if I pay 6 months early.... do I lose 6 months of paid time?

So... if I pay my subscription early.... does the year start from that date or just carries on from my anniversary date?

For example... if I pay 6 months early.... do I lose 6 months of paid time?

You've been hanging around with the Dutchman too much.

That $6 difference would just eat him up!

Especially now that he has a new bike to fix up!

• 8 years later...
Guest divey
On 10/20/2012 at 1:05 PM, Freebird said:

I think everything is OK. After further discussion, it appears that the member in question got a message that a classified ad was about to expire and mistook it for a notice that his membership was about to expire.

Don, I just received an email from you today saying my subscription would be expiring on May 7.  I paid my $12.00 renewal on April 10, Order #284.  Not sure what's up with that.  Doug

15 minutes ago, divey said:

Don, I just received an email from you today saying my subscription would be expiring on May 7.  I paid my $12.00 renewal on April 10, Order #284.  Not sure what's up with that.  Doug

No problem.  You just paid after I downloaded the members list.  It's all good.

Just an FYI and for others.  I knew mine was about up , ironic I checked my spam folder, and there was my reminder Don sent today.  I just paid it 👍 

Just wanted to remind people that sometimes things go to spam.