After looking at the substructure of the Venture I am confused about what motorcycle jack to purchase. What are you guys using? If anyone has the Craftsman Professional model the $200.00 one, do you need some type of adaptor plate? Thanks

I just use the cheap-o 60 dollar Craftsman motorcycle jack. It does not clear all the junk under the bike so I used some cut down 2x4 blocks on the corners. It's a pain to do it this way so I plan to buy the adapter from Carbon one.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/69/cat/7

Actually, I've been saying I need to get this adapter for awhile. I'm going to quit talking about it and order one today!

I used a jack with an adapter plate that has 4 V shaped brackets for 3 1/2 years. I was worried every time I put the bike in the air. Last year I finally bought a jack adapter from Carbon1 so I could get it up on the stand and get the jack out of the way. This was by far the best investment I have ever made :thumbsup2:. With his adapter any jack will work under the bike and you dont have to worry about it being stable.

My buddy has a Road Star and he is wanting me to build him one for his ride. I told him to call Larry(Carbon1)...:innocent:

I would also recommend the adapter from Larry Ken. Too much money, and weight to be sitting up in the air not be stable.:shock3: If the bike is going to be on the jack for a while, I would also recommend the model with the legs for it. This gets the jack out of the way, and it is very stable to work on the bike this way. :2cents:

BigD

I got this at the Harbor Freight store for $50 on sale

1500 LB. CAPACITY ATV/MOTORCYCLE LIFT http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/gifs/clear.gif

HEAVY DUTY ALL STEEL CONSTRUCTION

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/02700-02799/02792.gif

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/gifs/clear.gif

Foot activated pump leaves both hands free for positioning and stabilizing your ATV or motorcycle.

• Collapses to just 4-1/2'' high for easy storage
  • Wide, low profile base with rear mounted ball bearing swivel wheels
  • Rubber grip pads on lift saddle protects motorcycle frame
  • Four lockable work heights from 4-1/2'' to 16''
  • Rubber grip foot paddle prevents sliding
  • Two-hand wheel brake prevents lift movement
  • Return spring for automatic release
  • Professional quality power unit and rust inhibit coating on ram and pump piston for long life
  • Extra long handle for easy lifting

Capacity: 1500 lbs. max.; Lift range: 4-1/2'' to 16''; Overall dimensions: 4-1/2" H (collapsed) x 15'' W x 32'' L; Pad dimensions: 2-3/4'' W x 13-1/4' 'L x 1/4'' thick; Ram travel: 5-1/4'' L; Casters: 1-1/4'' W x 2-1/2'' diameter

Shipping weight: 75 lbs.

ITEM 2792-0VGA

$89.99 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/gifs/email.gifEmail link to a friend

Guest Boomerbiker

I have the inexpensive Craftsman and Carbon One's adapter makes it a breeze to perform maitenance. You gotta' have it!

I bought the adapter with the legs from Carbon1. Jack up the bike, put on the legs then lower bike to a very stable position. Makes it so easy to do your oil changes, cleaning the tires/rims and all kinds of other work. Allows you to sit on a stool and the bike is high enough to work on.

Oh, and I put my bike on this stand for the winter to keep the bike off the tires for the 11.5 months of winter. hahahaha, ok, 4 or 5 months.

Thanks for all the good words and praise guys. I do try to make a quality product that would make life easier owning these great bikes. :thumbsup2:

Since starting this endeavor two years ago I can honestly say there's been only a couple of times I've dropped the ball so to speak and then it was minor stuff. At least no one has asked for their money back yet. :whistling:

I've had the pleasure to meet and ride with some of you. Hope to meet many more of my fellow Venture Riders in the future as well.

I'll continue offering the lift adapters as well as the Stebel horn brackets for as long as theirs customers wanting them.

Thanks, Larry

Larry, you're awesome. Keep up the good work.

One question for you though.

When are you gonna make the spacer for the passing lamp bar for our 2nd Gen?

I can't seem to get one, and with your fine craftmanship, I'm sure you could come up with something.

Just asking...

Jopie...

I have the inexpensive Craftsman and Carbon One's adapter makes it a breeze to perform maitenance. You gotta' have it!

:sign yeah that: I just bought a lift adapter from Larry as I gave my old one away to my uncle that bought a '99. Larrys quality is impecable, he is one of the finest fabricators I know, and I fabricate for a living (build things guys...dont go there)

I can't seem to get one, and with your fine craftmanship, I'm sure you could come up with something.

Just asking...

Jopie...

Jopie,

Tony Dathan AKA Poco Red here on the site makes the light brackets for the G2. I just bought one from him and put it on my '08. He's in the member list, you might want to PM him and I'm sure he has other to sell.

Just asking...

Jopie...

I just purchased a passing lamp spacer from Tony. Just send him an email: dathan@shaw.ca

This thread has the install instructions, along with photos.

Paid $27.50 US via PayPal and the spacer arrived about 10 days later in the mail.

Edited by SteveP

• 2 months later...
I have an '07 Venture. With the Jack Adapter, can I easily jack up my bike just by myself?

Yep, even I can do it myself now that I have an adapter!!! Just make sure you have proper contact on all 4 corners and practice with some help first before you do it yourself. Once you start jacking up the bike it will sit upright very fast and can spook someone who isnt ready for it. Raise the jack slowly and hold onto the passenger grips and handlebar. Preferably raise it with the jack coming in from the right side. Same thing with lowering it. Just make sure your side stand is lowered all the way and let the jack down very slowly. Once the wheels make contact it will lean over to the side stand rather quickly.

one problem with Larry is he is Bias , he don't like us 1st gens:crying: , i would lov to have a stand for my 1st gen to get both wheels off the ground , 2 jack stands and a floor jack is hard on the nerves :shock3:

Thom

Well maybe I can talk Denden into using his 1st gen as a guinea pig and set up something. The exhaust pipes look like they'd be in the way when I looked once before. Another thing was getting around the center stand as my 2nd gen lift adapter utilizes the mounting tabs on the frame. I'll research this a bit more but no promises.

Larry

When I had my Honda VTX, a member on the forum I was on, made a stand for the members also. It was good quality too and always enjoyed it. I like the one Carbon1 has also.

Heck we only had a 22 degree wind chill lately, but I'm still riding.

http://pepsx.com/catalog/images/stand_image.jpg

I have one of Larrys lift adaptors with the legs, used one time works great but I have since made my bike into a trike and will not be needing the adaptor any more and will be willing to sell for 75.00 dollars plus shipping..Call me at 717 597 4525 I live in south central Pennsylvania Chambersburg Greencastle area.

Robbie

I have one of Larrys lift adaptors with the legs, used one time works great but I have since made my bike into a trike and will not be needing the adaptor any more and will be willing to sell for 75.00 dollars plus shipping..Call me at 717 597 4525 I live in south central Pennsylvania Chambersburg Greencastle area.

Robbie

That's a realy good offer Robbie. Someone should grab it soon I'd think.

Did you know that I have also made a lift adapter for trikes? :cool10: Yep I still like to get mine up in the air for easier wrenching and cleaning. Drop me mail and we'll get ya fixed up. :thumbsup2:

Robbie

PM sent.

Had a call shortly after posting lift. Gentleman from Ga we worked deal and will be sending it Monday to him, He too saw it on this site. To anyone that was interested in lift SORRY ITS SOLD,

Again Larry, fantastic product I will be contacting you for info on trike lift adaptor.

Robbie