IGNORED

Weather COLD weather

Woody

Okay who did Who left the freezer door open up there I got up this morning and it was 16 degrees F, I know that's not cold to some of y'all northerners but this is the south and I don't like it! would you please keep the below freezing temps up there. Okay Okay I feel better now I got that said 🥶 :97: Yep it's coffee time  

• Like 2

I'm a commercial / industrial HVAC Tech.   Been frickin' COLD on those roofs.   Equipment's been having a hard time keeping up.   

Cold.jpg

Edited by uncledj
  • Sad 1

On 1/16/2024 at 3:03 PM, Junior said:

Yeah it's 14 degrees this morning with 8 inches of snow from Monday. New Tazewell Tennessee area. Not liking it.

Guess we won't be going to Shelly Belle's restaurant any time soon !    17 degrees here in Pickens, SC this morning!  We have plenty of wood to supplement the furnace.

36 minutes ago, Red Ryder said:

Last week we had a 20" snow day, no power for two days, and this morning was -2 at school bus stop.  I would say winter is here for a bit, Later-

Keep it there please!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got over a few days of -10 plus wind chill in Chicagoland, now they're calling for some serious Lake Affect snow across northern Indiana (I'm right at the IL / IN boarder just outside of Chicago) with possible weekend accumulations of 12-18".  I had my outside frost-proof spigot blow earlier this week and my side-yard is an ice rink!

I had an emergency HVAC call Wednesday for a site in South Bend IN.   (I was working in Columbus, OH at the time)   Headed up that way, 4 1/2 hours later, as I was arriving, they told me they got the issue resolved, so I could turn around.    I went to the site anyway, and went up on the roof to see what was going on, and it was COLD.....Glad they had it just about done when I got there.    Turned around and drove home.   South Bend, and Mishawaka looked like pretty cool towns, ....but I'll visit in the Summer...You can keep that "lake effect" weather.

Well it was cold here in Fredericksburg, VA and had about 1' of snow over the course of a week....  Nothing like you guys.  The low was in the teens a few days...  While that was going on My wife and I were on Vacation in Key West...  The coldest we had was 69*F..  I was glad we missed it but coming from KW to VA was a little bit of a temp shock...19026.thumb.jpeg.290308d9d2648b9f65cdb58cfdb3f8ca.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riderduke said:

Well it was cold here in Fredericksburg, VA and had about 1' of snow over the course of a week....  Nothing like you guys.  The low was in the teens a few days...  While that was going on My wife and I were on Vacation in Key West...  The coldest we had was 69*F..  I was glad we missed it but coming from KW to VA was a little bit of a temp shock...19026.thumb.jpeg.290308d9d2648b9f65cdb58cfdb3f8ca.jpeg

Where did you stay in KW?  I was thinking about taking Bobbi down there for our 30th in March since that was where we were married. Thinking it might be too late. 

11 hours ago, etcswjoe said:

Where did you stay in KW?  I was thinking about taking Bobbi down there for our 30th in March since that was where we were married. Thinking it might be too late. 

We stayed at Hyatt Vacation Club at Windward Pointe... Booked it on Booking.com... We have stayed there for the past 3 years and love it.. 2 bedroom condo with our rooms overlooking A1A and the ocean...  We have looked at other properties and this has been our choice ..

Our morning view from the balcony.. 20240114_073243.thumb.jpg.f17f4bc0be9b52597b76ab8ee5e89f7e.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 5:20 PM, uncledj said:

I had an emergency HVAC call Wednesday for a site in South Bend IN.   (I was working in Columbus, OH at the time)   Headed up that way, 4 1/2 hours later, as I was arriving, they told me they got the issue resolved, so I could turn around.    I went to the site anyway, and went up on the roof to see what was going on, and it was COLD.....Glad they had it just about done when I got there.    Turned around and drove home.   South Bend, and Mishawaka looked like pretty cool towns, ....but I'll visit in the Summer...You can keep that "lake effect" weather.

Good thing you didn't have to come any further west than St. Joe County.  The next county west (LaPorte) got hammered with 3' of lake affect snow Friday morning to Saturday morning.  It was supposed to hit Lake & Porter Co. but the winds shifted to keep it further east.  

• Confused 1

On 1/16/2024 at 8:22 AM, Marcarl said:

It's all @saddlebumfault.. I bet he forgot all about it, and we've been acclimatizing. Should we wake him up? It could be disastrous.

Suffern sucatash. Fail to go to the site for a day or two and ya start to get blamed for all sorts of stuff. Fact is all you ingrates, is the weather  has been warmer up here than down there of late, so being a good Canadian I left the door open so as to share some of our warm air with you. But if its closing the door you want than so it shall be.

And by the way if by chance some cold air down there did come from  up here, it was @Marcarl doing. He is the one with the big meat coolers and egery now and again he just plum forgets to close the doors.

Edited by saddlebum

5 hours ago, saddlebum said:

Suffern sucatash. Fail to go to the site for a day or two and ya start to get blamed for all sorts of stuff. Fact is all you ingrates, is the weather  has been warmer up here than down there of late, so being a good Canadian I left the door open so as to share some of our warm air with you. But if its closing the door you want than so it shall be.

And by the way if by chance some cold air down there did come from  up here, it was @Marcarl doing. He is the one with the big meat coolers and egery now and again he just plum forgets to close the doors.

A day or two?????????? It's been almost 3 weeks!!!!!!!!! We thought you might have left the planet and shot to the moon!! Don't start blaming me for your mishaps, we're Dutch and don't open our cooler or freezer doors unless tootally necesaary. You are further north than me so it's your task to keep an eye on the weather door, whether it be closed or open. Stay on your toes young man, or we'll have to retire you so that you have more time.  HaHa