IGNORED

Let's give something away

Freebird

I was wondering if you could post picture of item please as I would like in on this!

I have my 2012 Venture with 124727klms(77501.7miles) which I bought brand new and have driven it with great pride these many years . Drove it daily to work everyday (rain or shine  from late March till snow stopped me,even during winter on good dry days) until retiring in 2020 because of health reasons (diagnosed with Diabetes) (also had 2 months short of 30 years). Ride it as much as I can except right now needs rear tire. Have gone out a few times still when dry just to keep my sanity in check!!

Would have liked something newer but when retired wife showed up to show me what car she would like for my retirement present!!!  So I will be driving my last(do not mind at all) for as long as I am around and maybe convert to keep going if I can!

Not very lucky at draws so here goes!!!!(if I was I would have won SOMETHING by now!!)

Hello and Good Morning to all.  A late comer in this thread.  Nice to hear about the giveaway.   I have an '07 and is still running strong at 65K miles.  As the original owner of my 2nd gen Venture, it is here to stay until the end of time.  

I have a 05 and a 07  RSV. The 07 I will give it a clean up and sell this spring, The 05 I took it down to the frame and went threw everything and must have gotten it right it handles and runs out way better than the 07. My 05 will be with me until I cant ride anymore, I have yet to set on another cycle that fits me better than this one.

08 RSV. No intentions of ever getting rid of it. I guess if something ever happened to her, I'd find another touring option, but it'd probably be yet another used RSV. 

• 2 weeks later...

I currently own my 4th Venture, it's a 2009. I love ever Venture that I have owned and think they are one of the best out there, if not the best. Sadly I haven't ridden much in the last few years due to two new hips and a new knee........but I plan on retiring sometime around spring of this year and hope to ride a lot more. Now we just have to wait for spring to show up.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2024 at 4:39 PM, M61A1MECH said:

I do not need the guard either, but I did have one on my 2007 and can vouch that it is a great product,.

One word of caution to who ever gets it or anyone that has one, if the front of your bike is lowered be mindful that if you grab a big handful of front brake and the nose dives, the trailing edge of the front fender can contact the Wagner grill guard and you can loose the ability to steer.

The only reason I know that is the fellow I bought my guard from had that happen, his bike was lowered and the front fender caught the guard, once, that is why he sold it to me so it could not happen to him again.

Steve, I was the lucky recipent of the grill that Don raffled off,  how does the grill guard attach to the radiator?

Jay, Steve Wagner passed away several years ago.  That’s why they are getting rare.   Somebody else may need to weigh in but there are little eyes molded in on the back.  If I remember correctly, you just insert nylon ties through them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ragtop69gs said:

Steve, I was the lucky recipent of the grill that Don raffled off,  how does the grill guard attach to the radiator?

Jay,

Freebird is correct, there are i think 4 wire loops where you feed black tywraps through and around what ever is close and cinch them up. I always had extra tywraps in the trunk, just in case.

Good Luck

Steve K

• Like 1